d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 5 2021 12:59am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 4 Oct 2021 15:56)
Right? I love Woody, but he was an abhorrent choice for this.

4-5/10

The *humor* behind Venom/Hardy was often cringey
The story was impossibly pointless
It was impossible to care about anyone... I wanted the dbag cop to die, I wanted Cassidy to die, I wanted the girl to die, and I even wanted Venom/Hardy to die by the end. Them all dying would have been a substantially better ending.
And this should NOT have been rated PG-13, if these studios ever gave a fuck about making good movies, rather than just trying to force venom to be PG so he can fit into the new Spider-Man is fucking garbage.

Even after all the critical and financial success the industry has had with R rated films, should ne more than enough for them to pull their heads out of their fucking asses. Unfortunately, as long as Marvel and DC continue to make hundreds of millions with every laughably mediocre to terrible superhero movie, there's zero hope of the money men pushing for actually good content.

If they want to make venom pg13 then they should just commit. Go full buddy cop style of movie. This whole trying to skate the line of pg13/R by making it dark and gritty without any actual substance is just :zzz:

Both 1+2 have been so damn dark you can't see what is happening, with action set pieces that never quite feel polished and a script that feels heavily muddled by the studio.

Pick a side and commit. That's the best advice I can give. Full buddy cop or full lethal protector. There is no in-between.
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Oct 5 2021 01:34am
great movies if you are a teen or feel like one
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll