d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Tptw About To Blow Up
Prev1232425262731Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Apr 5 2023 02:56pm
Quote (SBD @ Apr 5 2023 09:21pm)
Yeah that's why I noted I don't know anything about Gala. I have zero reason to park money anywhere other than equities. My "wage slave" job has enabled me to save nearly 75-80% of income in a year, combined that with your spouse being in a nearly similar situation and retirement by 38 still looks promising with very conservative projections. As a result I dont dabble in anything that I cant adequately back test, 20,30,40+ years. I might on occasion move some additional money or use margin to invest temporarily in a sector specific ETF but even that's rare now, typically just when the market over punishes. For instance Canadian banks took a lot of heat just because of recent US banking failures. Canadian banks are heavily regulated and there's few of them as a result, it made for an opportune time to over allocate there.

I keep away from anything crypto or similar at this point, I mean you look at this little forum alone most of the ones promoted here have gone to zero with people touting they can't, they're backed, secured, etc.

ok boomer let's have a look at TPTW - USD history chart

have fun with 38 retirements only using dollar shitcoin

This post was edited by Melatonina on Apr 5 2023 03:05pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2023 04:28pm
Quote (SBD @ Apr 5 2023 10:24pm)
Sorry, this thread and previous has/have completely discredited any financial literacy claims you could possibly make.

Please save the talks about disingenuous. I'm sure even you can see the irony in speaking about that.

Lmao sure SBD, thanks for the laughs. Come back again to parrot your nonsense.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2023 04:29pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Apr 5 2023 02:56pm)
ok boomer let's have a look at TPTW - USD history chart

https://i.imgur.com/VDoNJb4.png

have fun with 38 retirements only using dollar shitcoin

I tell you my current CAD shitcoin is buying at pretty high quality life. A few million Canadian shitcoin in your 30s seems like it will yeild quite fine for retirement / adhoc consultation living.
Apr 5 2023 04:30pm
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Apr 5 2023 02:25pm)
Sounds like a great plan. Hopefully it turns out as planned. What are the canadian regulations on cashing out crypto?
Eu currently has a law that allows no tax if investment was held for longer than 24 months.
I'm absolutely horrid on trading but luckily I got a guy that does it for me and for 3 years in a row he does +100% to 110% on anything I throw in.
(read 2btc -> 4btc -> 8btc -> 16btc etc year after year)
He's my hope in making my future life easier as I plan on retiring before 40 if possible

Tbh I don't know, I left the field of taxation years ago now which is where I would have been well informed on the topic.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 5 2023 04:30pm
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Apr 5 2023 10:23pm
Quote (SBD @ Apr 6 2023 12:29am)
I tell you my current CAD shitcoin is buying at pretty high quality life. A few million Canadian shitcoin in your 30s seems like it will yeild quite fine for retirement / adhoc consultation living.

So you're all-in on an even less popular shitcoin than usd ? Could have said chf which is a bit better to hedge yourself from euro but ok zoomer

see you in few years when you inevitably buy btc at several hundreds K because your millions cad can barely buy you croissants

This post was edited by Melatonina on Apr 5 2023 10:23pm
Apr 5 2023 11:40pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Apr 6 2023 11:23am)
So you're all-in on an even less popular shitcoin than usd ? Could have said chf which is a bit better to hedge yourself from euro but ok zoomer

see you in few years when you inevitably buy btc at several hundreds K because your millions cad can barely buy you croissants

Lmao imagine thinking that CAD isn’t tied to the USD. What are the gold reserves in Canada? Behind the likes of the mighty countries of Mauritius and Sri Lanka kekw. The majority of Canadian reserves are in ….. wait for it ….. USD woah what a shocker. The financially literate Andy SBD Shirley knows that

This doesn’t even get into the fact that the Canadian government routinely implements policies that debase the CAD to increase exports. Have fun with that currency debasement race to the bottom
Apr 6 2023 06:44am
Quote (MildSambal @ Apr 5 2023 11:40pm)
Lmao imagine thinking that CAD isn’t tied to the USD. What are the gold reserves in Canada? Behind the likes of the mighty countries of Mauritius and Sri Lanka kekw. The majority of Canadian reserves are in ….. wait for it ….. USD woah what a shocker. The financially literate Andy SBD Shirley knows that

This doesn’t even get into the fact that the Canadian government routinely implements policies that debase the CAD to increase exports. Have fun with that currency debasement race to the bottom

Where did I say cad isn't tied to USD. That was just my way of saying I'm Canadian not US and that with my accumulated savings / earnings rate I can easy retire of my domicile currency.

Honesty conversing here is like taking to an infant at times.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 6 2023 06:46am
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Apr 6 2023 06:51am
Quote (SBD @ Apr 6 2023 01:44pm)

Hey... <_<
Apr 6 2023 07:15am
Quote (SBD @ Apr 6 2023 07:44pm)
Where did I say cad isn't tied to USD. That was just my way of saying I'm Canadian not US and that with my accumulated savings / earnings rate I can easy retire of my domicile currency.

It doesn’t matter what fiat currency it is that you save. They are all on a debasement race to 0. If you can’t see that then it is your own problem.
Apr 6 2023 07:16am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Apr 6 2023 06:51am)
Hey... <_<

You were not the person I was conversing with though this thread.

Melatonina is like a rabid dog when he thinks you're from the USA. 95% of the time I can't understand shit hes saying but he has an abhorrence for Americans. Although he can no longer post on PARD to say it daily. Regardless, felt I had to clarify I am not his USA foe he needs to follow because he will..

Quote (MildSambal @ Apr 6 2023 07:15am)
It doesn’t matter what fiat currency it is that you save. They are all on a debasement race to 0. If you can’t see that then it is your own problem.

Actually, quite the contrary, ignoring doomsdayers has been integral to averaging a strong return. There always has been and always will be doomsdayers. They usually fall into two categories, the first is the group that makes money off it, be it writing articles that people read, podcasts people listen to etc. Its well proven at this point negative news gets better ratings than positive.

The second group is usually just those that are not doing as well in life financially and need a different outlet to lay blame / reasoning. It's probably a rationing tool.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 6 2023 07:22am
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev1232425262731Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll