d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Just To Let You Know Botters..
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,806.00
Jul 3 2021 07:52pm
you realize public bot games are to help the community right.. your doing nothing but making games priv and thus hurting "legit" players who all just buy gear from botters anyway. bot/10 logic m9
Gold: 5.00
Jul 3 2021 07:57pm
Killing a bot doesn’t do anything to the botter. They have no time invested. Killing the bot just takes time you could have spent on you and spends it on a bot instead. You’re not a threat to anyone. Practice pvp instead and you’ll be good enough to play xpac someday
Gold: 418.00
Jul 3 2021 08:27pm
It would be fun to see some vigilante bots, only designed to hostile+kill public pickit bots.
Sounds hard to code though.

This post was edited by xhul on Jul 3 2021 08:30pm
Gold: 1,129.00
Jul 3 2021 09:04pm
Lmao I do it too when I can, it's fun to see rage messages.

Gold: 812.00
Jul 4 2021 02:23am
Quote (Heaven11 @ 3 Jul 2021 23:10)
Bots ruined d2. Its not even an argument.

Blizzard should be giving out refunds if d2r is infested with bots.

Exaclty, it's not an argument. It's an assertion. But we can only arrive at any kind of new perspective or deeper understanding by challenging assertions, especially the ones that sound obvious.

It is undeniable that bots changed the game, and that they had some effect. But is it the bots that ruined the game, or was it a combination of different effects?
Generally blaming or scapegoating one thing, is a dead giveaway for BS, sophistry, bigotry. As far as logic goes it's an oversimplification. And because it's perhaps half-true, nobody can easily refute it outright.

In this case a lot of things ruined the game: like the passing of time, having played it a million times over, LOD, Blizzard, the corporate psychopaths who run that company, naturally declining interest, the understanding of the mechanics behind the game and item generation.
I mean, if you watch "The Godfather" 20 times over, eventually you come to realize it's not that amazing of a movie, not that smart of a script and Al Pacino is not that great an actor.

At the end of the day, the very expectation to be amused infinitely by slot machines (or anything), is the one thing you can hold over anybody here. The fact that they stuck around or set up shop. When in fact this behavior is pathological, and that frustrating feeling that you maybe should seek amusement or fulfillment elsewhere is actually a rather healthy intuition.

The truth is that video games get boring fast, usually as soon as you uncover the mechanics. The ones the don't, it turns out - aren't great games, rather they use psychology to trick us. They provide a fake purpose, fake goals, fake progression, fake accomplishments, a fake social environment, fake gold etc. But they also provide real peer pressure, real emotions and real misery.

Maybe classic isn't as bad as LoD or the Modern AAA-"game" World of -radioactive-trash-evil - Online, and maybe it's worth a replay. Just to relive the progression, the wall and the agony. But d2 is one of the progenitors of modern video game evil, we should know better. The unfortunate truth however is that some are stuck with their naive beliefs, in the notion that "everybody's different", and that liking something is an expression of that individuality.

To conclude: Your emotion is real, I don't dismiss it or deny it. I however blame something else, real evil-doers. The version where d2 is an amazing game beyond reproach, ruined by evil hackers, just doesn't sound like the reality we live in. This stuff is on github, it's open source, and botting is not nearly as fun or as profitable as it is made out to be.

So then the question remains, which state of Diablo is more sad? An empty list of public games, or a list of games234 populated by automata. I think a barb who steals drops, but only when he gets to the star first, is both a decent compromise and a bit of a public service, creating games. Playing with/against a party of 4, however is a different story, being immediately outnumbered and outgunned, no fun at all. If they were all necromancers or something fun and clever, then maybe but the old hammerdins headed by a taxisorc ..., please! Even given the supremacy of such a tried and true setup, the person who has to sell that stuff here, remains the weak link and the combination of forum/marketplace remains the last social gaming interaction engaging with the item system. When games tried to replace that with anonymous shops/marketplace/auction house, they got really boring. At the same time MMOs solved the problem of too quick progression, by introducing all kind of time-gating, timers and schedules, which made them into "lifestyle-games" and even more manipulative and evil.

The reason why these bots are so annoying, is that they demonstrate why it is futile to hope for something good, when playing at a leisurely pace. But even botters hit that wall, well a slightly different wall, when they can't progress and can't sell. Sad though it is, it is the universe telling us to move on.
Gold: 127,413.50
Jul 4 2021 05:03am
Tldr, Mark still has the TheAmulet. And something must be done about it
Gold: 305.00
Jul 4 2021 05:16am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 4 2021 01:03pm)
Tldr, Mark still has the TheAmulet. And something must be done about it ^BaHgerAUT ^chiwawa

change ur script to kill and loot Getruikel's corpse :thumbsup:
Gold: 185.00
Jul 4 2021 09:41am
Quote (xploDz @ Jul 4 2021 02:52am)
you realize public bot games are to help the community right.. your doing nothing but making games priv and thus hurting "legit" players who all just buy gear from botters anyway. bot/10 logic m9

lol.. ur pretty gullible to think they do it for the community... They do it because they can only be bothered to make 4 characters. They really need a full a game to get xp and better drops... They pickit every item that falls and take way to long to clear cs. So its always rigged in the botters favor, NOT the community. Its nothing more than greed and cheats. I really dont care anymore as its a bitter sweet end to this anyway.

My conclusion is.... after all these years....

WHAT IS THE POINT IN PLAYING THIS GAME IF YOUR NOT PLAYING IT ON AN EVEN KEEL? WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING ANY GAME IF ITS NOT ON FAIR GROUNDS? WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING THE GAME IF ALL YOU DO IS LEVEL A CHARACTER IN A BOT RUN GAME, TO THEN NEVER HAVE A PLACE TO GO TO PLAY THE GAME WITH REAL, LEGIT PLAYERS?

Gold: 185.00
Jul 4 2021 09:47am
p.s. please do finish d2 rightfully.. We are at the end. All bots running public games should be slayed as a matter of respect for the game.

Let the killing begin.
Gold: 3,806.00
Jul 4 2021 09:54am
Quote (Heaven11 @ Jul 4 2021 11:41am)
lol.. ur pretty gullible to think they do it for the community... They do it because they can only be bothered to make 4 characters. They really need a full a game to get xp and better drops... They pickit every item that falls and take way to long to clear cs. So its always rigged in the botters favor, NOT the community. Its nothing more than greed and cheats. I really dont care anymore as its a bitter sweet end to this anyway.

My conclusion is.... after all these years....

WHAT IS THE POINT IN PLAYING THIS GAME IF YOUR NOT PLAYING IT ON AN EVEN KEEL? WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING ANY GAME IF ITS NOT ON FAIR GROUNDS? WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING THE GAME IF ALL YOU DO IS LEVEL A CHARACTER IN A BOT RUN GAME, TO THEN NEVER HAVE A PLACE TO GO TO PLAY THE GAME WITH REAL, LEGIT PLAYERS?

lul no, drop rates increase from a 4man to 8man by about 3%-5% so that aint it, and the xp gains from a few hours of 1-4 people joining is negligible. People make runs public to support the community as its in their own benefit to have more people playing -> equals more people to buy items/services.

At this point the only real reason people play this game is for nostalgia, quit qq'ing and buy some of my items. kktanksbai.jepg
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll