d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Any Point To Playing This Season?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 61.00
Jun 1 2021 11:48pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ Jun 2 2021 01:45am)
nice +1 multi :thumbsup:

getting ready to scam on d2r huh? :D

What?Am I not allowed to post in this thread? Is there a rule im missing? Or are you just randomly accusing me? Classy.
Gold: 701.40
Jun 2 2021 10:15am
Quote (Butttruck @ May 10 2021 04:56am)
Was there a point to this comment? Some people just enjoy Diablo 3

D3 is by far the worst game out of the diablo series.

D1 was by far better, and had vastly less content and budget.

D3 was just poorly designed. The goal was appeal to the masses and move away from the core of what the diablo genre is. And it is why it was a massive flop. The item system is terrible, the skill system is terrible.

The game is basically only about shiny graphics with colors and customizing the look of your character.

How you have continued to play it for this long over and over is astounding.

Bad game is bad. There is no defending it.
Gold: 4.00
Jun 2 2021 12:53pm
Quote (Fagzuu @ Jun 2 2021 09:15am)

D3 was just poorly designed. The goal was appeal to the masses and move away from the core of what the diablo genre is. And it is why it was a massive flop. The item system is terrible, the skill system is terrible.

The game is basically only about shiny graphics with colors and customizing the look of your character.

D3 did and still does feel like a far deviation from Diablo and D2. I have high expectations for D2R, and still unsure about D4
Gold: 1,663.31
Jun 2 2021 02:46pm
Quote (Fagzuu @ Jun 2 2021 11:15am)

I haven't played the game in years but the only thing I ever see from the community here is "No trading game sucks" and that's it
Gold: 701.40
Jun 2 2021 03:08pm
Quote (Butttruck @ Jun 2 2021 03:46pm)
I haven't played the game in years but the only thing I ever see from the community here is "No trading game sucks" and that's it

A game genre that is centralized around finding loot needs a system of brining people together for trading. As without that central aspect, there really isn’t a reason to play with anyone else, especially since pvp In d3 is nonexistent.

There were a few elements of d3 that were intriguing, such as rerolling items stats or the kanai cube thing where you get the unique stats of a unique item without it being equipped, or some of the pvm/leveling content, but it all felt thrown together without any purpose of it working together. But that’s probably due to the lack of a need for a community in d3, which I think is base level requirement for these type of games, due to the inherent grind of a game that is based around killing monsters to level up and get better gear so that you can kill monsters to level up and get better gear so that you can kill monsters to level up and get better gear... so on and so forth.

Not to mention that the design elements of the game were extremely cartoony and took away from the central theme of diablo, which was you are fighting the demons of hell to save the world. Which by definition isn’t cartoony. It’s dark and scary and intimidating.
Jun 2 2021 03:21pm
Quote (Fagzuu @ Jun 2 2021 04:08pm)
A game genre that is centralized around finding loot needs a system of brining people together for trading. As without that central aspect, there really isn’t a reason to play with anyone else, especially since pvp In d3 is nonexistent.

There were a few elements of d3 that were intriguing, such as rerolling items stats or the kanai cube thing where you get the unique stats of a unique item without it being equipped, or some of the pvm/leveling content, but it all felt thrown together without any purpose of it working together. But that’s probably due to the lack of a need for a community in d3, which I think is base level requirement for these type of games, due to the inherent grind of a game that is based around killing monsters to level up and get better gear so that you can kill monsters to level up and get better gear so that you can kill monsters to level up and get better gear... so on and so forth.

Not to mention that the design elements of the game were extremely cartoony and took away from the central theme of diablo, which was you are fighting the demons of hell to save the world. Which by definition isn’t cartoony. It’s dark and scary and intimidating.

I'll be honest, you could find whatever item you needed in about an hour of grinding with a max of 3 or 4 if you got unlucky. Farming gear with other players is also really fun, I joined some random online couple and had a blast just running grifts with them etc.
Gold: 211,561.33
Jun 2 2021 04:38pm
Quote (Butttruck @ Jun 2 2021 02:21pm)
I'll be honest, you could find whatever item you needed in about an hour of grinding with a max of 3 or 4 if you got unlucky. Farming gear with other players is also really fun, I joined some random online couple and had a blast just running grifts with them etc.

Ahh good for the simple minds that want full gear in 5 hours
Jun 2 2021 05:48pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ Jun 2 2021 05:38pm)
Ahh good for the simple minds that want full gear in 5 hours

I mean bis gear would take way longer but this is just the set pieces, it's also not a competitive game so not like it matters
Gold: 7,215.58
Jun 4 2021 04:41pm
Diablo 2 ladders will be resetting June 11th, maybe try that
Gold: 6,586.00
Jun 6 2021 08:15am
Quote (Butttruck @ 3 Jun 2021 01:48)
I mean bis gear would take way longer but this is just the set pieces, it's also not a competitive game so not like it matters

They know well and most of these guys also play the game, there is no point to explain anything.
Beside this, there is no PvP but the whole concept of the leaderboard is to to be competitive, much better integrated than the useless d2 ladder system
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll