d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion >
Poll > So We All Agreed Upon
Prev13456715Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Apr 27 2021 11:57am
Quote (Rusemen @ Apr 27 2021 10:37am)
read until you comprehend what I wrote

My b, I meant to quote sagitits again.
Gold: 20.00
Apr 27 2021 12:14pm
Quote (HeadConcert_com @ Apr 27 2021 09:47am)
Watch ezpac tourneys? Bro I've been in enough ezpac duels to know what's up. Druid/Sin 2s wins every time, DvA wins majority of 1s, and there are about 4 gear configs worth swapping per class for vs all..

In classic we can swap out literally hundreds of thousands of rare item combos for other rare items to pinpoint change CR/LR/FHR/AR/DR/FCR/stats depending on the fight. Thing is, any of these combos is still harder to get near perfects on than in ezpac.

The "skill" you're talking about is literally just setting up optimal gear which takes a lot more to do in classic than LODumpsterfire.

I'm sure you have tried playing expac pvp and got pounded and didnt like it.
The reason I said to watch is so that you can see the first person view of some of the top duelers on expac and realize you cant play at that level even if you had the gear that you think is critical to the outcome of the duel.

It could be an analogy to playing a mirror match up against a pro player in a game like starcraft, at the start of the game you have no disadvantage, but you cant win due to lack of skill.

My argument is this: every match up classic has, expac has with a higher skill cap requirement, more dynamic and more variables.

Every rare item in classic is essentially the same, it boosts some defensive stats. And you can grind ever closer to a perfect rare with enough time or cash to pay someone else to, but it's always the same undynamic defensive mods. It doesnt add anything to the pvp match up except prolonging it like the defensive bvb match up or replenish svs match up

Classic fully relies on sets and uniques for any critical offensive mods, for example rattle cage, angelics, gtoes, shard, sojs.

In my opinion, for classic pvp you could have some fun in high level svs, or hvh, and a few team set ups, but it can all be done on expac better and more fun.

And tldr I'm a life time classic player, I just live in reality, and know expac is superior in every way. The pvp is harder, the mf is harder, the pvm is harder. I just like classic.

Apr 27 2021 12:39pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Apr 27 2021 11:14am)
I'm sure you have tried playing expac pvp and got pounded and didnt like it.
The reason I said to watch is so that you can see the first person view of some of the top duelers on expac and realize you cant play at that level even if you had the gear that you think is critical to the outcome of the duel.

It could be an analogy to playing a mirror match up against a pro player in a game like starcraft, at the start of the game you have no disadvantage, but you cant win due to lack of skill.

My argument is this: every match up classic has, expac has with a higher skill cap requirement, more dynamic and more variables.

Every rare item in classic is essentially the same, it boosts some defensive stats. And you can grind ever closer to a perfect rare with enough time or cash to pay someone else to, but it's always the same undynamic defensive mods. It doesnt add anything to the pvp match up except prolonging it like the defensive bvb match up or replenish svs match up

Classic fully relies on sets and uniques for any critical offensive mods, for example rattle cage, angelics, gtoes, shard, sojs.

In my opinion, for classic pvp you could have some fun in high level svs, or hvh, and a few team set ups, but it can all be done on expac better and more fun.

And tldr I'm a life time classic player, I just live in reality, and know expac is superior in every way. The pvp is harder, the mf is harder, the pvm is harder. I just like classic.

I'm not denying that xpac dueling takes more skill during combat, I'm saying neither of them take much "skill." Xpac you need a bit more gear knowledge, yes, but that's easy when the game is 20 years old. Classic takes wayyyyyyy more FG to get ideal gear, not even close... So yes, gearing classic is definitely "harder."

I played competitive pvp games professionally for years (Overwatch and WoW RBGs.) Long before that, I was in those top tier ezpac dueling tourneys you're fawning over. D2 pvp as a whole is extremely low-skill as far as the actual fighting goes.

The only non-RPS (read: entirely, 100% gear dependant) duels that require any skill is when clones duel (more common in classic by far) and then it usually comes down to who gets the first lucky hits. D2 is almost entirely about gearing, not skill. End of discussion. You cannot argue that d2 dueling isn't about gear and build, it's well over 90% of what determines a fight (especially in BM.)
Apr 27 2021 12:52pm
Quote (HeadConcert_com @ Apr 27 2021 11:39am)
I'm not denying that xpac dueling takes more skill during combat, I'm saying neither of them take much "skill." Xpac you need a bit more gear knowledge, yes, but that's easy when the game is 20 years old. Classic takes wayyyyyyy more FG to get ideal gear, not even close... So yes, gearing classic is definitely "harder."

I played competitive pvp games professionally for years (Overwatch and WoW RBGs.) Long before that, I was in those top tier ezpac dueling tourneys you're fawning over. D2 pvp as a whole is extremely low-skill as far as the actual fighting goes.

The only non-RPS (read: entirely, 100% gear dependant) duels that require any skill is when clones duel (more common in classic by far) and then it usually comes down to who gets the first lucky hits. D2 is almost entirely about gearing, not skill. End of discussion. You cannot argue that d2 dueling isn't about gear and build, it's well over 90% of what determines a fight (especially in BM.)

Expac build are more expensive than classic in terms of fg

Yes d2 requires gear and the builds are all standard so we dont have to talk about build.
but the matchups are skills dependant, so I 100% refute your argument,
and also if you are so top tier why is your d2 knowledge so low?
You sound like you think you were top tier but you arent.

Post of the videos please before claiming ridiculous things lol
Apr 27 2021 01:09pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Apr 27 2021 11:52am)
Expac build are more expensive than classic in terms of fg

Yes d2 requires gear and the builds are all standard so we dont have to talk about build.
but the matchups are skills dependant, so I 100% refute your argument,
and also if you are so top tier why is your d2 knowledge so low?
You sound like you think you were top tier but you arent.

Post of the videos please before claiming ridiculous things lol

Ya lemme just get a vid from 2006 for you real quick.. /s

Diablo 2 LOD pvp is low skill, even if it's higher than classic. Get over it. It's also definitely close to 100% item dependant, anyone with 500+ hours dueling will know every tip and trick that everyone else knows.

The only time d2 pvp is skill based is in team battles and mirror matchups.
Gold: 15,800.00
Apr 27 2021 01:10pm
This poll is useless and only allows one-sided answers ... Congrats repti, goal achieved :thumbsup:

To all you xpac supporters: we all got your statements about xpac is king and classic sucks and all that ... whatever

So imo you can take this topic, shift it to an xpac sub and discuss it until d2r is out.

We dont care and you dont have to play classic. :D

K thx bye :banana:

This post was edited by SIVIART on Apr 27 2021 01:10pm
Apr 27 2021 01:39pm
Quote (HeadConcert_com @ Apr 27 2021 12:09pm)
Ya lemme just get a vid from 2006 for you real quick.. /s

Diablo 2 LOD pvp is low skill, even if it's higher than classic. Get over it. It's also definitely close to 100% item dependant, anyone with 500+ hours dueling will know every tip and trick that everyone else knows.

The only time d2 pvp is skill based is in team battles and mirror matchups.

Dueling in 2006 is hardly considered top tier fyi, skill cap has gone up since then, even if your false claims of being good are true.

For future reference dont claim shit if you dont have credentials to back it up, its laughable and the first rule of the internet
Gold: 12,750.00
Apr 27 2021 02:02pm
Cheres guys, only LoD in this game
Apr 27 2021 02:06pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Apr 27 2021 12:39pm)
Dueling in 2006 is hardly considered top tier fyi, skill cap has gone up since then, even if your false claims of being good are true.

For future reference dont claim shit if you dont have credentials to back it up, its laughable and the first rule of the internet

I'm just repeating facts: D2 is low skill cap. It's almost 100% itemization. Builds haven't changed since 2006, it just took YOU 15 years to catch up. You're not only bad but a moron if you think otherwise. GD EZ.
Gold: 12,750.00
Apr 27 2021 02:16pm
Quote (HeadConcert_com @ Apr 27 2021 11:06pm)
I'm just repeating facts: D2 is low skill cap. It's almost 100% itemization. Builds haven't changed since 2006, it just took YOU 15 years to catch up. You're not only bad but a moron if you think otherwise. GD EZ.

That low skill cap would be enough for average lod player to brutal you in mirror duel 95 out of 100 times, probs would be 5-0 every now and then. Same would be if you did classic mirror svs. And the same result probs would be if he play non teleport char in classic, because Lod Lld is even more skilled than classic kiddows.

You are out of contest bro.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev13456715Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll