d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Search Function Improvement(s)
Prev123410Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 79,060.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 20 2021 10:18am
Yes from me.
Gold: 15,001.93
Apr 22 2021 01:55am
Bump! :)
Gold: 174,000.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 22 2021 02:01am
Voted yes , saw something very similar and this could be very helpful :thumbsup:
Gold: 9,597.00
Apr 22 2021 02:28am
Sounds fine to me ^
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 22 2021 02:54am
Quote (Definite @ 22 Apr 2021 00:55)
Bump! :)

As you mentioned it might be a bit difficult for the site to do this, so I hope this does not turn into 10 years of bumping.

I am trying to understand how this overall suggestion could assist yourself or others in the s/a forum, and if that was the case why it should cost you any forum gold to begin with :thumbsup:

I also find posts should cover topics. Anyone could put dhsjslsnfhfud in a topic name but continue a legitimate trade within that topic via post. I don't think filtering any information out is a good idea, especially in the idea of the s/a forum, and that could happen with additional search features.

I feel if someone is searching for something for the right reasons the answers they want will show up or not be around. I feel if a user is using the search feature for the wrong reasons they may find it not so useful.

Apr 22 2021 09:39am
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 22 2021 02:54am)
As you mentioned it might be a bit difficult for the site to do this, so I hope this does not turn into 10 years of bumping.

I am trying to understand how this overall suggestion could assist yourself or others in the s/a forum, and if that was the case why it should cost you any forum gold to begin with :thumbsup:

I also find posts should cover topics. Anyone could put dhsjslsnfhfud in a topic name but continue a legitimate trade within that topic via post. I don't think filtering any information out is a good idea, especially in the idea of the s/a forum, and that could happen with additional search features.

I feel if someone is searching for something for the right reasons the answers they want will show up or not be around. I feel if a user is using the search feature for the wrong reasons they may find it not so useful.

Easy there was a case recently where I had to find a topic from a specific date but the search filter wouldn't show me the topic from the time period I needed because they either had to many posts before that topic or after in that forum. If I searched by a specific date then I could of found it as I knew the date the topic was made.
Gold: 365.00
Apr 22 2021 09:40am
Voted yes
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 22 2021 11:35am
Quote (Definite @ 22 Apr 2021 08:39)
Easy there was a case recently where I had to find a topic from a specific date but the search filter wouldn't show me the topic from the time period I needed because they either had to many posts before that topic or after in that forum. If I searched by a specific date then I could of found it as I knew the date the topic was made.

I do not know about that man. There are over 60 parts of the Forum to Search. Topics get moved around, closed, archived, and more. How did you end up finding the information you were looking for anyways? It is up to the case maker and more to provide details, links, and more when presenting a case to s/a forum correct? So "had" here is not necessary a requirement but rather additional assistance by staff. In addition to that Search in this situation would not necessary be focused around Search but find, because you are trying to rediscovered something for a current, present, or past cause, while Searching may be used for A Current , Present, or Future Trade. If we add these additional features to Search, people will have additional chances to have problems when looking for Trades, Services, and active auctions. If you are a s/a assistance I would assume you want faster and smoother trades, not necessarily a change in the site design so you can do something else that could have been completed by someone presenting a full s/a case. That all being said I do not see how someone with zero fg should have a less chance at presenting a full s/a case, and implementing this site suggestion for the sake of s/a helpers or staff members seems like it could present that kind of possibility. ( As not everyone needs assistance with compiling and presenting the facts, and nor has anyone ever been told to use the search feature[spend forum gold] to help build there case. )

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 22 2021 11:52am
Gold: 333.33
Apr 22 2021 12:50pm
Still think there are so many positives about this suggestion.

Hope it gets implemented

Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 22 2021 01:35pm)
I do not know about that man. There are over 60 parts of the Forum to Search. Topics get moved around, closed, archived, and more. How did you end up finding the information you were looking for anyways? It is up to the case maker and more to provide details, links, and more when presenting a case to s/a forum correct? So "had" here is not necessary a requirement but rather additional assistance by staff. In addition to that Search in this situation would not necessary be focused around Search but find, because you are trying to rediscovered something for a current, present, or past cause, while Searching may be used for A Current , Present, or Future Trade. If we add these additional features to Search, people will have additional chances to have problems when looking for Trades, Services, and active auctions. If you are a s/a assistance I would assume you want faster and smoother trades, not necessarily a change in the site design so you can do something else that could have been completed by someone presenting a full s/a case. That all being said I do not see how someone with zero fg should have a less chance at presenting a full s/a case, and implementing this site suggestion for the sake of s/a helpers or staff members seems like it could present that kind of possibility. ( As not everyone needs assistance with compiling and presenting the facts, and nor has anyone ever been told to use the search feature[spend forum gold] to help build there case. )

Your opinion is invalid, pointless, and useless. You are more of a nuisance here than a contribution.

This post was edited by ALBINO_RHINO on Apr 22 2021 12:51pm
Apr 23 2021 08:02pm
Bump
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev123410Next
Closed New Topic New Poll