d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Current Robotization And Trend Acceleration
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 350.00
Apr 18 2021 04:34pm
Quote (S3th @ Apr 18 2021 09:54am)
I'm more concerned about foreigners purchasing real estate and renting it back to Americans. The greatest wealth difference in the next 30 years is going to be between those who own and those who rent.

I dont see foreigners doing this as much as the wealthy are already doing this
Gold: 350.00
Apr 18 2021 04:36pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 18 2021 05:06pm)
stop being stupid

Quote (TheHitman @ Apr 18 2021 08:54am)
Taco Bell opens "Digital-Only" location in Times Square, almost fully operated by bots. Everything indicate this trend will accelerate massively in the upcoming years. Personally this scare the shit out of me, I am an avid readers on new technology and am pretty up to date on the subject, the speed at which a bunch of companies are going is ballistic, mind blowing and scary. While some people tend to see this as progress which it is even if it pose some moral or ethic problem at some point. I think this crisis is an insane incentive and should be an eye opener for some. Cash notes were dangerous because virus, more and more barriers between humans will ultimately lead to massive centralization.

Will you be able to put bread on the table if your job gets robotized? A few months ago Google had a major outage, some people we're unable to adjust their home temperature because smart home, some people got locked up in their own home because smart home. This morning apparently the new Ford mustang mach-e is unable to start because it suffers a small 12v problem, what do you do in a situation like that? It's a bit more technical than popping the hood and getting a good ol hammer and start swinging the starter. On a typical day, a person may communicate with their colleagues via Slack, attend videoconferences on Zoom, order takeout food via DoorDash, and in the evening watch a movie on Netflix - all of them run their businesses on Amazon Web Services. Aren't you scared of so much centralization? The power grid failure in Texas, the thing turned to a 3rd world country in a few days, how long do you think your local groceries last if transportation methods gets interrupted? I assure you the supply chain is very fragile, we see it with semi conductors and commodities right now.

The last year have been the biggest wealth transfer of history, the money have absolutely no velocity, the newly printed money mostly goes to the asset owners club (real estate owners, stocks, big tech enterprises) the speed at which robotization is taking place is mind blowing and I believe one should pay attention to that.
The few latest decades have educated most of us to be consumers, dopamine addicts and virtue signaling individuals.

Everything is in place for a recipe for disaster, are you robotisable?

https://i.imgur.com/bcEIFF0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wWzGN7g.png
https://i.imgur.com/Dfg8R1T.jpg

This is very frightening. I would hate to live in a world such as this but I feel it has already begun.
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 18 2021 07:41pm
Quote (TheHitman @ Apr 18 2021 08:54am)
Taco Bell opens "Digital-Only" location in Times Square, almost fully operated by bots. Everything indicate this trend will accelerate massively in the upcoming years. Personally this scare the shit out of me, I am an avid readers on new technology and am pretty up to date on the subject, the speed at which a bunch of companies are going is ballistic, mind blowing and scary. While some people tend to see this as progress which it is even if it pose some moral or ethic problem at some point. I think this crisis is an insane incentive and should be an eye opener for some. Cash notes were dangerous because virus, more and more barriers between humans will ultimately lead to massive centralization.

Will you be able to put bread on the table if your job gets robotized? A few months ago Google had a major outage, some people we're unable to adjust their home temperature because smart home, some people got locked up in their own home because smart home. This morning apparently the new Ford mustang mach-e is unable to start because it suffers a small 12v problem, what do you do in a situation like that? It's a bit more technical than popping the hood and getting a good ol hammer and start swinging the starter. On a typical day, a person may communicate with their colleagues via Slack, attend videoconferences on Zoom, order takeout food via DoorDash, and in the evening watch a movie on Netflix - all of them run their businesses on Amazon Web Services. Aren't you scared of so much centralization? The power grid failure in Texas, the thing turned to a 3rd world country in a few days, how long do you think your local groceries last if transportation methods gets interrupted? I assure you the supply chain is very fragile, we see it with semi conductors and commodities right now.

The last year have been the biggest wealth transfer of history, the money have absolutely no velocity, the newly printed money mostly goes to the asset owners club (real estate owners, stocks, big tech enterprises) the speed at which robotization is taking place is mind blowing and I believe one should pay attention to that.
The few latest decades have educated most of us to be consumers, dopamine addicts and virtue signaling individuals.

Everything is in place for a recipe for disaster, are you robotisable?

https://i.imgur.com/bcEIFF0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wWzGN7g.png
https://i.imgur.com/Dfg8R1T.jpg

Most people would prefer being an uber driver over working at Taco bell.

So long as the number of jobs created exceeds the number of jobs destroyed, we will all be fine.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Apr 18 2021 11:46pm
Gen z richer then milennials?
Gold: 18,784.00
Apr 19 2021 02:59am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Apr 18 2021 09:41pm)
Most people would prefer being an uber driver over working at Taco bell.

So long as the number of jobs created exceeds the number of jobs destroyed, we will all be fine.

I agree but do you honestly think the number of jobs created will exceeds the number of jobs destroyed? I don't see how that could play out
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 19 2021 08:40am
Quote (TheHitman @ Apr 19 2021 03:59am)
I agree but do you honestly think the number of jobs created will exceeds the number of jobs destroyed? I don't see how that could play out

it wont. and any math that makes it look like that's happening will be false, and counting part time or unsustainable jobs as outnumbering the jobs automation wipes out.

im a designer in the automation industry and im coming for all the jobs. im going to wipe out anyone who dares to use their hands to make a living.

people for some odd reason consider jobs like Taco Bell worker as out of reach of current automation. they've seen a few 1990s tech conveyors moving a box from running lengthwise 90 degrees to running widthwise. when in reality we've made systems that will churn out a fresh cheeseburger in a minute or so fully customized. by the end of 2030 fast food joints will have 1-2 workers making a modest wage just to see if the machines need to be serviced. they'll refill themselves, with veggies or meat another robot chopped up, and the food will come right to the window by itself. there might be a guy in there but you wont know he even exists unless u have an issue, and you wont, unless u input the wrong data into your app when you ordered.

its over working man, get a hobby, you'll need it. step 2 is ur monthly stipend can go up 20% if you get ur tubes tied or take on one of the wandering orphans left over by parents who an heroe'd for an extra few crumbs. enjoy the white walled 2 bedroom apartment and drone delivered box of groceries, this is your life now.
Gold: 2,420.00
Apr 19 2021 10:14am
consoooooom
Gold: 5.00
Apr 19 2021 10:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 19 2021 09:40am)
it wont. and any math that makes it look like that's happening will be false, and counting part time or unsustainable jobs as outnumbering the jobs automation wipes out.

im a designer in the automation industry and im coming for all the jobs. im going to wipe out anyone who dares to use their hands to make a living.

people for some odd reason consider jobs like Taco Bell worker as out of reach of current automation. they've seen a few 1990s tech conveyors moving a box from running lengthwise 90 degrees to running widthwise. when in reality we've made systems that will churn out a fresh cheeseburger in a minute or so fully customized. by the end of 2030 fast food joints will have 1-2 workers making a modest wage just to see if the machines need to be serviced. they'll refill themselves, with veggies or meat another robot chopped up, and the food will come right to the window by itself. there might be a guy in there but you wont know he even exists unless u have an issue, and you wont, unless u input the wrong data into your app when you ordered.

its over working man, get a hobby, you'll need it. step 2 is ur monthly stipend can go up 20% if you get ur tubes tied or take on one of the wandering orphans left over by parents who an heroe'd for an extra few crumbs. enjoy the white walled 2 bedroom apartment and drone delivered box of groceries, this is your life now.

It doesn't stop with automating away hands on repetitive tasks, a lot of rule based systems based on 'experts' are being replaced with ML that operate on models made from huge corpus. Often it's cheaper and yields a better automation result to engineer from a large corpus vs consult many experts.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 19 2021 11:16am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Apr 19 2021 11:47am)
It doesn't stop with automating away hands on repetitive tasks, a lot of rule based systems based on 'experts' are being replaced with ML that operate on models made from huge corpus. Often it's cheaper and yields a better automation result to engineer from a large corpus vs consult many experts.

yes, of course.

however when people like Endless talk about job replacement vs new jobs created the effect is most obviously negative in the hands on work space. if say a data analyst for some company has their job automated away by a program because they work for a large firm that's able to allocate millions to making the program they can seek work at a smaller firm. OR they can use their educated skills to pivot to a tangential career.

but truck drivers, fast food workers, forklift drivers, etc. Many of them with 20 or so years on the career and 10-20 left before retirement? they will have a far harder time pivoting to a similar pay applicable skills career.

but yes, you're right in saying so. it isnt just the grubby hands that are on the chopping block. in 100 years 90% of society will look at jobs as a burden, while the 10% who have them will look at them as a blessing. "heavy is the head that wears the crown" is most often spoke by the crownless.
Gold: 5.00
Apr 19 2021 02:50pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 19 2021 12:16pm)
yes, of course.

however when people like Endless talk about job replacement vs new jobs created the effect is most obviously negative in the hands on work space. if say a data analyst for some company has their job automated away by a program because they work for a large firm that's able to allocate millions to making the program they can seek work at a smaller firm. OR they can use their educated skills to pivot to a tangential career.

but truck drivers, fast food workers, forklift drivers, etc. Many of them with 20 or so years on the career and 10-20 left before retirement? they will have a far harder time pivoting to a similar pay applicable skills career.

but yes, you're right in saying so. it isnt just the grubby hands that are on the chopping block. in 100 years 90% of society will look at jobs as a burden, while the 10% who have them will look at them as a blessing. "heavy is the head that wears the crown" is most often spoke by the crownless.

People enjoy work or a career because it gives them purpose. Perhaps automation will lead to less hours needed per person per week for a given profession, vs killing jobs. That's my hope at least. Medieval peasants enjoyed much time off, yes lots of awful other circumstances, but copious time off. If humans can retain advances from industrialization and scientific innovation while reclaiming more free time, seems like a win.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll