d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Current Robotization And Trend Acceleration
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,784.00
Apr 18 2021 06:54am
Taco Bell opens "Digital-Only" location in Times Square, almost fully operated by bots. Everything indicate this trend will accelerate massively in the upcoming years. Personally this scare the shit out of me, I am an avid readers on new technology and am pretty up to date on the subject, the speed at which a bunch of companies are going is ballistic, mind blowing and scary. While some people tend to see this as progress which it is even if it pose some moral or ethic problem at some point. I think this crisis is an insane incentive and should be an eye opener for some. Cash notes were dangerous because virus, more and more barriers between humans will ultimately lead to massive centralization.

Will you be able to put bread on the table if your job gets robotized? A few months ago Google had a major outage, some people we're unable to adjust their home temperature because smart home, some people got locked up in their own home because smart home. This morning apparently the new Ford mustang mach-e is unable to start because it suffers a small 12v problem, what do you do in a situation like that? It's a bit more technical than popping the hood and getting a good ol hammer and start swinging the starter. On a typical day, a person may communicate with their colleagues via Slack, attend videoconferences on Zoom, order takeout food via DoorDash, and in the evening watch a movie on Netflix - all of them run their businesses on Amazon Web Services. Aren't you scared of so much centralization? The power grid failure in Texas, the thing turned to a 3rd world country in a few days, how long do you think your local groceries last if transportation methods gets interrupted? I assure you the supply chain is very fragile, we see it with semi conductors and commodities right now.

The last year have been the biggest wealth transfer of history, the money have absolutely no velocity, the newly printed money mostly goes to the asset owners club (real estate owners, stocks, big tech enterprises) the speed at which robotization is taking place is mind blowing and I believe one should pay attention to that.
The few latest decades have educated most of us to be consumers, dopamine addicts and virtue signaling individuals.

Everything is in place for a recipe for disaster, are you robotisable?

This post was edited by TheHitman on Apr 18 2021 07:08am
Apr 18 2021 06:54am

Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2021 07:18am
Calling
Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2021 07:54am
I'm more concerned about foreigners purchasing real estate and renting it back to Americans. The greatest wealth difference in the next 30 years is going to be between those who own and those who rent.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 18 2021 07:57am
Quote (TheHitman @ Apr 18 2021 08:54am)
Will you be able to put bread on the table if your job gets robotized?

As long as they robotize the job of prostitutes very soon, it won't be a problem. Jobless people are only a minor, temporary self-solving problem ... UNLESS they start pumping out jobless kids.

All we really need to do is craft a world where people only have kids if they can afford it.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Apr 18 2021 07:58am
Gold: 7,271.48
Apr 18 2021 08:01am
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 18 2021 07:57am)
As long as they robotize the job of prostitutes very soon, it won't be a problem. Jobless people are only a minor, temporary self-solving problem ... UNLESS they start pumping out jobless kids.

All we really need to do is craft a world where people only have kids if they can afford it.

That’s not a remotely realistic goal.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 18 2021 08:16am
Quote (remco6 @ Apr 18 2021 10:01am)
That’s not a remotely realistic goal.

maybe not 100%. But the more we can automatic the job of prostitutes, the more dudes will be dumping their load in a fembot. And that will normalize non-procreative sex as the cultural standard. This would make a lot of progress toward my goal.
Apr 18 2021 08:24am
Quote (S3th @ Apr 18 2021 09:54am)
I'm more concerned about foreigners purchasing real estate and renting it back to Americans. The greatest wealth difference in the next 30 years is going to be between those who own and those who rent.

Over the decades it's always been harder to qualify for loans even if interest rates have generally been going down, it's not going to stop. I believe it will more be a game of who will still be able to be an owner considering most of the new owners will heritage from their parents. With the current path of printing frenzy, the taxes on everything will make it more and more difficult to stay an owner if the wages don't come up and they won't.

Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 18 2021 10:16am)
maybe not 100%. But the more we can automatic the job of prostitutes, the more dudes will be dumping their load in a fembot. And that will normalize non-procreative sex as the cultural standard. This would make a lot of progress toward my goal.

Hahaha that's an interesting point of view, I like it.
Gold: 413.69
Apr 18 2021 03:00pm
The robot future depends on who owns the robots.

If its a particular individual who owns a small team of robots on a secluded farm where the robots harvest food, build and repair the home and other things for that individual, its a paradise.

If its a government owning robots to discipline guard and monitor particular individuals then its hell.
Gold: 4,400.67
Apr 18 2021 03:06pm
stop being stupid
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll