d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Wall Mounted Pcs
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 345.69
Apr 6 2021 07:49pm
ok right my bad, who cares if it looks like shit as long as the components dont fail

everyone that can hold a 12v black and decker should just go ahead and screw their pc to their wall because they can find the stud
Gold: 24,401.00
Apr 6 2021 08:25pm
the real question here is why.
I like to rearrange my furniture from time to time and move my pcs around from room to room. seems to me you would need a long term commitment for a wall mounting.
dust build up would be worse and a bigger risk of fire also if a fire were to break out from your computer now your house will prolly be more at risk of burning down as well. plus setting this up would take twice as long and twice as much work prolly would need a person to help you. so unless your insanely bored with your life or a tech guru with it displayed in my office for a conversation starter showcase I wouldn't.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 7 2021 09:24am
Quote (Bruin @ Apr 6 2021 07:49pm)
ok right my bad, who cares if it looks like shit as long as the components dont fail

everyone that can hold a 12v black and decker should just go ahead and screw their pc to their wall because they can find the stud

It's up to the OP to make things look okay. Most baboons can fish a wire 4 feet. I mean Jesus every telecom company uses summer students to go fish wall jacks all summer long. Its not rocket science and if you can assemble a computer or Lego you can fish a line. And regardless of that it does not matter, your statement of "a very bad idea" makes it sound like his computer is going to self-destruct if its mounted to the wall. That is what I am saying is stupid. If you're going to call something "a very bad idea" to provide evidence that supports it not just well cables might look bad if you do a bad job...

Quote (UsEr_SeLeCtEd @ Apr 6 2021 08:25pm)
I like to rearrange my furniture from time to time and move my pcs around from room to room. seems to me you would need a long term commitment for a wall mounting.
dust build up would be worse and a bigger risk of fire also if a fire were to break out from your computer now your house will prolly be more at risk of burning down as well. plus setting this up would take twice as long and twice as much work prolly would need a person to help you. so unless your insanely bored with your life or a tech guru with it displayed in my office for a conversation starter showcase I wouldn't.

I think theres a sense of pride in doing something yourself and doing something unique. Why build furniture when I could buy an equivalent and have more than enough disposable income to do so. Money isn't a factor and I could buy something equivalent, but the process of building something or doing something is enjoyable.

Why do half the things humans do in life, enjoyment. To each their own kind of thing.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 7 2021 09:29am
Gold: 84.10
Apr 7 2021 10:07am
Quote (UsEr_SeLeCtEd @ Apr 6 2021 09:25pm)

why would it be long term commitment?
you cant mount a tv/speakers somewhere else? you cant change out parts because its wall mounted?

please tell me how your house is at risk of burning down also

:wallbash:
Apr 7 2021 10:13am
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Apr 7 2021 09:07am)
why would it be long term commitment?
you cant mount a tv/speakers somewhere else? you cant change out parts because its wall mounted?

please tell me how your house is at risk of burning down also

:wallbash:

You can’t move ur pc around as much number 1 I never said u can’t change ur components...

An electric fire not contained in a metal case where the components are mostly designed for. I’m just guessing plus wouldnt people try to wire things through the wall add more electrical fire risk>?

This post was edited by UsEr_SeLeCtEd on Apr 7 2021 10:19am
Gold: 84.10
Apr 7 2021 10:27am
Quote (UsEr_SeLeCtEd @ Apr 7 2021 11:13am)
You can’t move ur pc around as much number 1 I never said u can’t change ur components...

An electric fire not contained in a metal case where the components are mostly designed for. I’m just guessing plus wouldnt people try to wire things through the wall add more electrical fire risk>?

isnt your electricity wired through the wall?
and why would you have a fire? does your computer randomly catch fire? no matter where your computer is if it randomly catches fire your whole house is at risk anyways

arent 1500w microwaves and oven mounted on walls fuck even electric heaters are mounted on walls
Apr 7 2021 03:48pm
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Apr 7 2021 10:27am)
isnt your electricity wired through the wall?
and why would you have a fire? does your computer randomly catch fire? no matter where your computer is if it randomly catches fire your whole house is at risk anyways

arent 1500w microwaves and oven mounted on walls fuck even electric heaters are mounted on walls

It's a well known fact that walls are both explosive and will automatically create a birds nest of cables. David Suzuki did a documentary on it.
Apr 7 2021 04:34pm
i'd love to see someone flex their engineering skills and show us their wall mounted pc then.
Gold: 345.69
Apr 7 2021 04:40pm
post those wall mount pics then boys

lets see you do it
Apr 7 2021 04:50pm
As yes the toddler response of "wElL U dO it"

No one said we are using mounted PC's or have a desire to. We simply dismissed that PC's don't explode when they're on the wall and you two took personal offence.

2021 just a bunch of sensitive pussies.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 7 2021 04:55pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll