d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Wall Mounted Pcs
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 345.69
Apr 7 2021 05:03pm
right but your pedantic arguments are on point

there is no way to win with someone who believes summer students are good installers
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 7 2021 05:12pm
Quote (Bruin @ Apr 7 2021 05:03pm)
right but your pedantic arguments are on point

there is no way to win with someone who believes summer students are good installers

Right. And using a statement of "a very bad idea" only to have you elaborate as in the "very bad idea" being your cables might not be appealing based on your own personal standards is a solid argument.

Your cable management might not be up to my standards. Its a very bad idea!!!!!

Hell, we can expand on that. If it's harder than an alternative in life just give up and take the easy way out always. You might be challenged and god forbid that.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 7 2021 05:14pm
Apr 7 2021 05:24pm
Quote (SBD @ 7 Apr 2021 17:12)
Right. And using a statement of "a very bad idea" only to have you elaborate as in the "very bad idea" being your cables might not be appealing based on your own personal standards is a solid argument.

I make a living in this industry, as an electrician and installer. The reason I have an great income is because there are so many people that are ACTUALLY incapable of doing things like mounting electronics to walls

as the other gentleman had mentioned microwaves and ovens as well, all of these things are installed by professionals

why?

because other than a few odd handyman types out there who do their own installs (which I make money fixing) for most people it's quite daunting to try without prior experience or help from someone experienced

to assume that a random person on the internet is capable of anything is being completely naive

hanging a PC from your wall, making holes etc. in some weak attempt to impress no one is quite rare, I've been in thousands of homes and haven't seen one yet

I say very bad idea because most people are bad at things, especially putting holes in walls, never mind the likely regret you'll feel after a few months when your pc on the wall loses all novelty but you're still left with dangling cords and holes you need to repair

but I assume you're at a point in life where you would just be moving out and letting your landlord/parents take your deposit
Gold: 24,401.00
Apr 7 2021 05:27pm
I gave perfectly legit reason why I wouldn’t do it but I guess if it’s done properly and artful it can be really cool looking but wow the time and. Planning it would take for that seems like a lot.

Even if I had an awesome lit up wall mounted rig I sure as hell wouldn’t leave it on when I’m not at home. Still looks like a potential fire hazard
Apr 7 2021 05:31pm
Quote (Bruin @ Apr 7 2021 05:24pm)
I make a living in this industry, as an electrician and installer. The reason I have an great income is because there are so many people that are ACTUALLY incapable of doing things like mounting electronics to walls

as the other gentleman had mentioned microwaves and ovens as well, all of these things are installed by professionals

why?

because other than a few odd handyman types out there who do their own installs (which I make money fixing) for most people it's quite daunting to try without prior experience or help from someone experienced

to assume that a random person on the internet is capable of anything is being completely naive

hanging a PC from your wall, making holes etc. in some weak attempt to impress no one is quite rare, I've been in thousands of homes and haven't seen one yet

I say very bad idea because most people are bad at things, especially putting holes in walls, never mind the likely regret you'll feel after a few months when your pc on the wall loses all novelty but you're still left with dangling cords and holes you need to repair

but I assume you're at a point in life where you would just be moving out and letting your landlord/parents take your deposit

Again your argument is something might be hard so don't try. That's such a weak argument. If everyone adopted your take on things we would all just be fat degenerates because doing nothing is just easier.

Dont try to fix your quad or sled yourself, don't try to build and mount shelves, you know what don't try to do anything ever around your home or out in the yard. It might be hard.

Why even build a computer to begin with, what do you know about building computers. It might be hard or you might short circuit a part during building so just don't. Go buy a prebuilt.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 7 2021 05:42pm
Apr 7 2021 05:42pm
that is not my argument, your comprehension and critical thinking skills are very limited
Apr 7 2021 05:44pm
Quote (Bruin @ Apr 7 2021 05:42pm)
that is not my argument, your comprehension and critical thinking skills are very limited

It is your argument. Your entire argument is people are bad at things and thus there's no point in trying to do anything or improve on anything because in your words "people are bad at things".

Hell with self improvement or trying to do anything.

If the guy elaborated to say he lives in a rental unit I'd say well you might wanna check with your landlord but he didn't do I'll assume it's his own home and he's free to learn to do something.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 7 2021 05:47pm
Gold: 0.93
Apr 7 2021 05:56pm
sure, if you have a fixed head :rofl:

This post was edited by IFAPTOBAALRUNS on Apr 7 2021 05:56pm
Apr 7 2021 06:14pm
Quote (SBD @ 7 Apr 2021 17:44)
It is your argument. Your entire argument is people are bad at things and thus there's no point in trying to do anything or improve on anything because in your words "people are bad at things".

Hell with self improvement or trying to do anything.

If the guy elaborated to say he lives in a rental unit I'd say well you might wanna check with your landlord but he didn't do I'll assume it's his own home and he's free to learn to do something.

I said in general its a very bad idea, in general, because most people are very bad at this type of shit, this is true

I also said it can be done well

but you want to be pedantic like I said

my original post was meant to be a quick response to an OP with 1 post on the forum, not to hand out a full essay on the pros and cons

I understand this sub forum is full of debatelords but cmon
Gold: 84.10
Apr 7 2021 11:07pm
Obviously wall mounted cases are very niche very small number of cases that can do it without mods
So they can buy of of them for starters
And if they are a modder than obviously they know what the fuck they are doing
If person wants to wall mount a PC that's their choice
But saying it's tougher than a tv lol

https://whatintech.com/wall-mount-pc-case/
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll