d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > New George Floyd Riots
Prev1242526272842Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 21 2021 11:29pm
Officials in Columbus, Ohio are briefing the news media on developments in the fatal police shooting of 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6s7HtK9aV8

includes both 911 calls and 3 different bodycams

This post was edited by Kayeto on Apr 21 2021 11:31pm
Gold: 57.00
Apr 21 2021 11:41pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 22 Apr 2021 01:29)
Officials in Columbus, Ohio are briefing the news media on developments in the fatal police shooting of 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6s7HtK9aV8

includes both 911 calls and 3 different bodycams

a damned if you do/damned if you dont scenario. cops should have just the fight happen and claimed they were self-defunding for the day as per public request
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 22 2021 01:00am
When I watch that video, here's what it makes me think: It's amazing that we live in a society where...

-a person can hit a few buttons on a small device, say that they are in trouble

-a trained professional will show up 12 minutes later to deal with the person that is trying to hurt you

-and they will record the whole thing from multiple angles so that there can be clear evidence about what happened

Obviously it doesn't happen just like this every time. But can happen so routinely that citizens have come to expect it. Humanity has peaked. The only way to go up from here is to hand control of these functions over to robots to make them more efficient and reliable.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Apr 22 2021 01:02am
Gold: 5.00
Apr 22 2021 06:17am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 22 2021 12:41am)
a damned if you do/damned if you dont scenario. cops should have just the fight happen and claimed they were self-defunding for the day as per public request

RIP, looked like the wrong tool was applied TBH. I guess this was a foster environment, but still no strong parental figure to hold down the fort until cops arrived. The adults acted like children. Looks like the pink ladies purse dog is okay though.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Apr 22 2021 06:18am
Gold: 11,571.00
Apr 22 2021 07:22am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Apr 22 2021 08:17am)
RIP, looked like the wrong tool was applied TBH. I guess this was a foster environment, but still no strong parental figure to hold down the fort until cops arrived. The adults acted like children. Looks like the pink ladies purse dog is okay though.

She had a knife, that’s a deadly weapon. Cops are trained to match force.

Real issue plaguing the black community is rampant black on black crime. My city of 350k has already 73 shootings since the beginning of the year vast majority of them black on black.

Thousands of blacks die from this, far higher than any other race. But these are tough conversations. People love to externalize and blame someone or something else rather than introspect. Cops are just the easy targets to take out anger on.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Apr 22 2021 07:23am
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 22 2021 07:31am
BREAKING NEWS:

the mother was shouting "Ma-Khia, Ma-Khia, no no no, dont take my baby"

and the cops thought the young woman was a car thief, and had no choice but to shoot her.

for real tho when the risk is a stabbing, officers should use leg shots not center mass. gun wielding psycho or knife wielding psycho feet from them? ok. put 3 in their chest. but 10-20 feet of distance with a knife in their hand? Tazer then leg shots. if she stabs herself boo hoo.
Gold: 11,571.00
Apr 22 2021 07:36am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 22 2021 09:31am)
BREAKING NEWS:

and the cops thought the young woman was a car thief, and had no choice but to shoot her.

for real tho when the risk is a stabbing, officers should use leg shots not center mass. gun wielding psycho or knife wielding psycho feet from them? ok. put 3 in their chest. but 10-20 feet of distance with a knife in their hand? Tazer then leg shots. if she stabs herself boo hoo.

Higher probability of missing and not incapacitating perp vs body mass. Cop misses, perp continues stabbing and ends up killing the victim. It could be a realistic outcome.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 22 2021 07:44am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 22 2021 08:36am)
Higher probability of missing and not incapacitating perp vs body mass. Cop misses, perp continues stabbing and ends up killing the victim. It could be a realistic outcome.

a knife stab is easier to treat in the aftermath than 4 shots in center mass. in any case the second an actual stabbing happens im fine with center mass. i just wonder why the cops first on hte scene didn't start liberally using a tazer. or pepper spray. it was a tightly packed group of girls in a cat fight gone sour. soak em and watch em wriggle. when my cats get at each other i use the squirt bottle not a swift kick against the wall. just reads to me like the cops went a bit ham for the context.

that's not to say that i think this legally is a case where we're going to see a cop Chauvin'd for 3 charges related to the death. neighbor witness already said the girl was going wild with a knife, the 9-11 call is sufficient evidence that showing up with lethal force is legally justified, and CPR was administered for 6 minutes before paramedics arrived. the absence of negligence like Chauvin had mixed with presence of a deadly weapon puts this into the "lens of the officer in real time" SCOTUS ruling wherein he's justified not only to fear for himself but the girl that the deceased was lunging at with a knife.

but still, even risking a stabbing, i'd have pepper sprayed the whole pack or tazed her ass.
Gold: 24.06
Apr 22 2021 07:44am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 22 2021 07:31am)
BREAKING NEWS:

Did you watch the video? She had the knife ready to stab the other lady against the car in the upper torso.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 22 2021 07:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 22 2021 09:31am)
BREAKING NEWS:

Aim for center mass, shoot twice, if you're going to shoot somebody. Don't be some semi-desperado trying to make someone dance with bullets.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242526272842Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll