d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Pvp Gonna Be Different If They Fix Bugs
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Mar 8 2021 04:54pm
Quote (Resolve @ Mar 8 2021 04:01pm)
How would you trick the health/stat pool if you actually equip it legit and can pick it up no matter what you do?

Im well aware they're both called str-bug but i though it was clear what i mean here because i quoted the "lower health pools" statement.

Anyway, the str-bug you mean doesnt trick the game at all in terms of stats except for the equip being invisibile to others - the actual strength bug gives you an actual advantage over stats by taking risks of not being able to re-equiping it without a off-gear attribute item

When I said str bugging in general being fixed would make for more demand on str and less points dumped into vita, I was referring to how D2 legacy allows such str stacking in general.

We obviously weren't talking about the visual bug but rather how people refer to the process in general as str bugging.

Other arpgs don't allow things to ever stack like this. This function in D2 legacy was referred to as a bug, whether it was technically a bug or not.

That's all it was.
Mar 8 2021 05:01pm
Quote (SirScrappy @ Mar 8 2021 04:23pm)
He meant you don't trick the stats with so-called "str bug" he mentioned - visiblity of gear. By my definition, it shouldn't be strength bug at all whereas having str item to equip items that keep theirselves on with own bonus stats could hardly be called anything else than a bug.

40 stats can be quite a bit of health/mana.

40 - 60 str on something like a barb is a loss of 40 - 60 vita, which is 160 to 240 health before BO.

In most cases though, we're talking more like 120 str or more on builds that stack on gear to wear enigma str bonus, which then adds to high str to be able to use things like stormshield or CoA.

I don't understand where the confusion is on this topic ^^ This difference in vitality is not small.

If they were to make it so you couldn't stack str gear that allowed you to wear more str gear to be able to wear high str req gear, on most builds we are talking a difference of 300+ health before BO.

Anyone who's ever rolled a glass cannon pvm spec vs. a vitality pvp character should firmly understand the difference in health pool gained when you are str stacking off gear like this and dumping all stats from levels into vita.

This was the difference between having a character with 1200 health, and having a character with 2000+ health. The difference in health gained was not small when we are talking use of BO.

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Mar 8 2021 05:06pm
Gold: 2,292.01
Mar 8 2021 06:09pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 8 2021 02:54pm)
When I said str bugging in general being fixed would make for more demand on str and less points dumped into vita, I was referring to how D2 legacy allows such str stacking in general.

We obviously weren't talking about the visual bug but rather how people refer to the process in general as str bugging.

Other arpgs don't allow things to ever stack like this. This function in D2 legacy was referred to as a bug, whether it was technically a bug or not.

That's all it was.

Just noticed you were once again claiming this is referred to as a bug like it's a fact without providing a single shred of evidence of blizzard calling it a bug. Maybe stop lying? Idk qt
Gold: 700.01
Mar 8 2021 06:23pm
pvp will likely have to be done on the non updated gfx side

the updated gfx seem to have changed some skills visually (assuming to better reflex their hitboxes)
so some skills may be easier to dodge or harder.

even just having HD grass and characters is going to change visual ques and make things slightly different

honestly i think most people are going to just prefer using the HD side even if things are slightly different. and if this brings in new players.. most of them dont know the old ways anways.
adapt and have fun imo

also if anyone is into vlld/lld feel free to join us, link in sig
small community so far, hopefully we grow as we get closer to launch

This post was edited by HuntingTreasure on Mar 8 2021 06:24pm
Gold: 119.84
Mar 8 2021 06:24pm
Should be fun, people will learn work arounds and i'm excited to see what changes
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2021 07:54pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 8 2021 04:01pm)
40 - 60 str on something like a barb is a loss of 40 - 60 vita, which is 160 to 240 health before BO.

In most cases though, we're talking more like 120 str or more on builds that stack on gear to wear enigma str bonus, which then adds to high str to be able to use things like stormshield or CoA.

I don't understand where the confusion is on this topic ^^ This difference in vitality is not small.

If they were to make it so you couldn't stack str gear that allowed you to wear more str gear to be able to wear high str req gear, on most builds we are talking a difference of 300+ health before BO.

Anyone who's ever rolled a glass cannon pvm spec vs. a vitality pvp character should firmly understand the difference in health pool gained when you are str stacking off gear like this and dumping all stats from levels into vita.

This was the difference between having a character with 1200 health, and having a character with 2000+ health. The difference in health gained was not small when we are talking use of BO.

The confusion exists because you talked about using a temp item to equip another item that has str which then provides enough str to keep itself equipped which results in body popping unless you keep inventory space open. You made that sound like it's the str bug which is not how people know str bug or what they're referring to when they speak about it. In this thread you used a ring as an example and then went on to say they might have to pick up gear two to three times which is body popping and exactly what the vast majority of people avoid by placing enough points in str to get that first item that gives str to then equip other gear that does.

So really the actual loss is not that much unless you're using additional items to get your base amount up then removing them and you're using an entire set for that purpose.
Mar 8 2021 08:37pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 8 2021 08:54pm)
The confusion exists because you talked about using a temp item to equip another item that has str which then provides enough str to keep itself equipped which results in body popping unless you keep inventory space open. You made that sound like it's the str bug which is not how people know str bug or what they're referring to when they speak about it. In this thread you used a ring as an example and then went on to say they might have to pick up gear two to three times which is body popping and exactly what the vast majority of people avoid by placing enough points in str to get that first item that gives str to then equip other gear that does.

So really the actual loss is not that much unless you're using additional items to get your base amount up then removing them and you're using an entire set for that purpose.

You and the MCS guy still aren't getting it. I've clarified this several times in this thread now and this will be the last time I say it.

(- No one is arguing with you -) We get what you're saying and you are correct.

What you are not getting is that people use the term str bugging as a reference term for stacking str gear to wear more gear in general, not just the visual side of the bug or body popping.

INB4 looping around to explaining to us what a str bug is. We get it.
Gold: 2,292.01
Mar 8 2021 10:19pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 8 2021 06:37pm)
You and the MCS guy still aren't getting it. I've clarified this several times in this thread now and this will be the last time I say it.

What you are not getting is that people use the term str bugging as a reference term for stacking str gear to wear more gear in general, not just the visual side of the bug or body popping.

I can't force you to stop improperly using terms I can only mock you for it. Still waiting on that link where blizzard calls it a bug tho.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2021 11:01pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 8 2021 07:37pm)

No one calls str stacking on gear str bug. That's just a common mechanic in many games be it str or skills or whatever. A piece of gear gives you access to something which allows you to then wear another piece of gear that had a req not met before you put that first piece on.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 8 2021 11:07pm
Quote (HuntingTreasure @ Mar 8 2021 06:23pm)
pvp will likely have to be done on the non updated gfx side

the updated gfx seem to have changed some skills visually (assuming to better reflex their hitboxes)
so some skills may be easier to dodge or harder.

even just having HD grass and characters is going to change visual ques and make things slightly different

honestly i think most people are going to just prefer using the HD side even if things are slightly different. and if this brings in new players.. most of them dont know the old ways anways.
adapt and have fun imo

also if anyone is into vlld/lld feel free to join us, link in sig
small community so far, hopefully we grow as we get closer to launch

If the non-HD side has the smaller vision range of vanilla D2 but the HD side has the increased vision range, nobody in their right mind would play the inferior version, doesn't matter how much the visual cues and discrete animations have changed if you can teleport 25% farther / namelock from off their screen
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll