d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Pvp Gonna Be Different If They Fix Bugs
Prev13456717Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 701.02
Mar 8 2021 10:02am
Quote (jlzm @ Mar 8 2021 10:54am)
The bug is using an armor that you can't wear without the armor giving you the str...

It is a bug, it glitches your chars look to others making you look naked

Why is this even an argument lmao

Definitely lol

Thats not how people str bug naked though. He understands that part.

What hes talking about is some bullshit only noobs would do cuz you’re gonna die and not be able to pick up your gear after without putting on that one ring and thats a good way to lose your body. Especially if you pvp.
Gold: 3,500.00
Mar 8 2021 10:03am
Quote (MCS @ Mar 8 2021 11:01am)
Why do you think that's a bug? You had the strength to equip it so it's equipped and giving you it's bonuses one of which is strength allowing you to remove other strength. I see no reason this is a bug it's totally logical that the gear you're wearing would continue providing it's benefits as long as you meet the requirements which you do.

No that's str bug from charms giving you the str to equip shit.

Has always just been considered a bug,

I dont understand how not being able to wear something unless you're already wearing it was something intended..

Edit: and sorry if I confused with the charms been like 7 years since I've played lol.. regardless doesn't seem like you're supposed to be able to use it without already using it therfore classifying it as a bug, not necessarily a bug but a glitch in the way shit works, whatever you want to call it, its a work around

This post was edited by jlzm on Mar 8 2021 10:05am
Gold: 805.00
Mar 8 2021 10:07am
They already tried making some changes that ended up breaking wsg at one point and whirlwind another. 2018 zons n whirlwind where unplayable at points. I think they have already learned their lesson. I'd find it hard to believe this tinkering had nothing to do with attempting a remaster.

If chars could still wsg to break fhr locks but frw n charge desync where fixed i think things would be fine

Edit: strength bug seems more about frw glitching nigma/boots and not increasing life.....who are these crazy people who remove their strength ring and go duel...cant pick up gear lol

This post was edited by Platypus on Mar 8 2021 10:12am
Gold: 701.02
Mar 8 2021 10:10am
Quote (Platypus @ Mar 8 2021 11:07am)
They already tried making some changes that ended up breaking wsg at one point and whirlwind another. 2018 zons n whirlwind where unplayable at points. I think they have already learned their lesson. I'd find it hard to believe this tinkering had nothing to do with attempting a remaster.

If chars could still wsg to break fhr locks but frw n charge desync where fixed i think things would be fine

I wouldnt mind too much if those sneaky hdins didnt just pop out of no where
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 8 2021 10:11am
Its different teams, but when they did "fix" WSG a few years ago, I went and posted it directly to the blizz classic team, and they responded and went and 'unfixed' it a couple days later. We had a very brief span where assassins were indeed unstoppable and there was simply nothing you could do against namelock mindblast on most chars- you'd just rubber band constantly as you appear to jiggle out of a lock, but on serverside you were simply permastunned in one place and your only movement came from knockback. When they did 'unfix' it, they left it in its current state where its ever so slightly more fluid and more powerful than it was before the 'fix'.

Now, that was classic games team, and this remake is being handled by VV. But the classic games team was pants on head retarded to begin with while VV appears to be the developer equivalent of manna from heaven, at least so far. Given their explicit stated intention not to fuck with game mechanics, and WSG being already an issue once and them probably being aware of it, I'd hope this means they're not going to fuck with it again.

Other stuff like missile collision on stacked chars couldn't be changed without a very deep dive into how the D2 engine handles collision detection on its tile grid, and they'd be nuts to waste time trying to mess with that. Desync likewise seems unlikely they'd do anything major, but it would actually be nice if they could input the correct parameters for whirlwind and charge into the dead reckoning formula since its just changing one number to another that they failed to update in 1.09->1.10, but wsg sync and str glitch would still exist. And its not like they can terribly easily fix str glitch since charms aren't broadcast to other players at all, you'd have to send a new flag for player items on whether other players actually have them equipped.

C/T and the screen size itself will be big changes. Comparing screenshots in other threads there's like a 25% larger horizontal screen size, not sure about vertical, it might be slightly larger. So that will have a HUGE impact in PvP. Longer range teleports held down, longer range to get namelocks, longer range to aim guided/bone spirit aoes, etc.
Gold: 2,292.01
Mar 8 2021 10:12am
Quote (jlzm @ Mar 8 2021 08:03am)
Has always just been considered a bug,

I dont understand how not being able to wear something unless you're already wearing it was something intended..

I've never considered it a bug so your personal opinion about what it's always been considered is irrelevant. The other dude claimed blizzard called it a bug I'm still waiting for that source though, sounds made up.

Not everything unintended is a bug. Standing on people's heads in counterstrike wasn't intended but isn't a bug, wave dashing in melee wasn't intended but isn't a bug, denying in dota wasn't intended but isn't a bug.
Gold: 3,500.00
Mar 8 2021 10:27am
Quote (MCS @ Mar 8 2021 11:12am)
I've never considered it a bug so your personal opinion about what it's always been considered is irrelevant. The other dude claimed blizzard called it a bug I'm still waiting for that source though, sounds made up.

Not everything unintended is a bug. Standing on people's heads in counterstrike wasn't intended but isn't a bug, wave dashing in melee wasn't intended but isn't a bug, denying in dota wasn't intended but isn't a bug.

Ok but started over you trying to correct someone,

Did he ask what is was called? Nah

Does everyone know exactly what he was referring to? Yes

Unless you're some kind of insect sympathist I don't get why you're so butt hurt over what it is being called..
Gold: 50,282.69
Mar 8 2021 10:28am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Mar 8 2021 04:36pm)
Yes I was. That's why it is called "strength bug"

For some reason you aren't understanding how this works

1) You can't wear Enigma
2) You put on a ring that has +str, now you can equip Enigma
3) Take off ring put back on SOJ, Enigma stays equip instead of deactivating

This was declared a bug years ago by Blizzard. If they were to fix this, you would need to add the base strength required to wear the Enigma for it to stay active and not unequip itself when the ring is removed.
This means you have to add more base strength to wear good gear = less points going to vita.

In some cases on certain build structures which equipped items with +STR bonus in a chain to be able to wear what they had, this would greatly diminish their health pool.

And INB4 "it's not a bug" because everything about it was buggy. If you STR bugged too much, your body could pop when trying to pick it up off the ground in pvp,
throwing items on the ground for other people to grab. It was certainly buggy. I have seen gear straight poof and vanish due to STR bug body popping before.

Seems like the issue is understood, but you just call it differently
I am not sure if I would consider it a bug, its just a weird mechanism to me

What is usually refered as str bug, comes from charms
In original d2 charms were not added, and it caused problems in the code when they added it in d2 lod
If items that you would only be able to wear with charms, because of the requirement, it will not be visible for others.... and if the given item gives frw, that will cause desynchronisation with the server too when the character is moving, similar to charge skill

Anyway, i hope neither is removed from d2r, they will probably not touch this kind of stuff
Gold: 2,292.01
Mar 8 2021 10:31am
Quote (jlzm @ Mar 8 2021 08:27am)
Ok but started over you trying to correct someone,

Did he ask what is was called? Nah

Does everyone know exactly what he was referring to? Yes

Unless you're some kind of insect sympathist I don't get why you're so butt hurt over what it is being called..

I thought this man genuinely didn't know what strength bug was because he thought it being fixed would mean he'd have to spend more points in strength. This topic is specific to pvp and what he's describing isn't something anyone does in pvp, people just don't do it because you can pop yourself so the only logical conclusion I can reach is he's talking about strength bug but doesn't know how it works.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2021 10:31am
if they do fix bugs and some things are different.. then the weak will stay weak and the strong will adept to the changes..

its D2.. not baby back bitch game.

D2 man game.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev13456717Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll