d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Valkyrie Guide
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Feb 28 2021 04:12am
Equipment Examples - Weapons:
(Please keep in mind that these screenshots were taken on a private server which allows you to inspect Valkyrie's Equipment, and stats may be slightly different from Vanilla Diablo2, as private mods tend to add some different things to game. "Melee attack deal splash damage" is a mod that doesn't appear in Vanilla. In this particular mod, Valkyrie was made following the Shadow Master's Mechanics (Assassin's lvl 30 summon) so she could use Power Strike instead normal attacks she uses in Vanilla)

Weapon 1:
Example of a weapon you could ideally get. ctc amp, +1 skills, ias and ED. stats are low in this screenshot, but you can see the potential stat roll in green.

Weapon 2:
Another version of a very useful weapon which in this scenario rolled +1 barbarian skills, sadly. All the other stats are super useful. ias, fools mod, and life leech.

Weapon 3:
Example of a "Blue Weapon" that rolls with Cold Damage bonus.

This post was edited by SylvesterStallone on Feb 28 2021 04:12am
Feb 28 2021 04:24am
Equipment Examples - Armory:
(Please keep in mind that these screenshots were taken on a private server which allows you to inspect Valkyrie's Equipment, and stats may be slightly different from Vanilla Diablo2, as private mods tend to add some different things to game)

Circlet:
+2 Amazon roll is not giving Valkyrie any bonuses as her scaling comes from hard points YOU HAVE in Decoy, Critical Strike, Dodge, Avoid and Evade. Valkyrie doesn't use any of the active skills Amazon uses, which makes +2 roll useless in Vanilla Diablo 2.
+life roll is great since it's BO-able with Barbarian's Bo or Call To Arms, so she ends up even tankier.
Getting this type of circlet paired with a Red Armor with +life bonus would make this Valkyrie an ultimate tank.

Armor 1:
Typical example of a Red Armor roll that gives tankier stats with +xx To Life making a significant difference in Valkyrie's overall Health pool.

Armor 2:
Example of a Blue Armor with a ctc Nova. It can spawn with a ctc Frost Nova too, which is extremely useful with a Blue Weapon that has cold damage

Boots 1:
Trires boots with a MF add are a beast roll, and MF counts same way it counts with your Mercenary Hireling.

Boots 2:
FRW applies to your Valkyrie, even though I can't see how useful it is as she's flying through the map on the first place. But these spawned with ctc Charged Bolt and Dual Res + dex. Remember that all the Dexterity bonus adds to Valkyrie's Attack Rating and Defense, same as it would on any character.

These are just few random examples of items that can roll on Valkyrie. These are completely random, and they cannot be seen without 3rd party programs, so best you can do is keep rolling following the color chart of armor/weapon, and hope for the best :D

This post was edited by SylvesterStallone on Feb 28 2021 04:24am
Gold: 50,282.69
Feb 28 2021 06:43am
Where did you get all this info :O
Mar 25 2021 11:53am
Bump
Gold: 482.00
Mar 26 2021 01:45pm
Dude you are awesome...
Gold: 0.00
Mar 26 2021 04:27pm
I love Valkyrie.

I made a pure passivezon once, and I think Valkyrie was level 53. I equipped a Faith and had a Might merc and basically anything (except physical immunes) were chopped down pretty quickly... Used it for fun MFing in various areas. Merc would die occasionally but the Valk healed itself if anything.

Tried it out against a friends level 50+ Grizzly. Valk used to win maybe 2 out of 10 duels if the druid casted Heart of Wolverine, or 4-5 out of 10 without.

Basically the Grizzly is more consistent, but I think the Valk has the potential to be better if she spawns with the right gear. Wish there was a way to see this, and also to have the Valk stay with you from game to game.

Anyone know if ethereal items can spawn on her? Wondering if she has potential to have 1000 dmg war pike...
Gold: 5.85
Mar 27 2021 03:29pm
Nice guide
Apr 19 2021 12:05pm
Bump
Gold: 8,882.63
Apr 19 2021 12:20pm
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Feb 22 2021 09:54am)
When a warrior has proven her devotion to Athulua through her brave deeds and exceptional skill in battle, the Goddess shows her favor by granting a spiritual emissary to aid the Amazon. These emissaries of Athulua are called Valkyrie, and they are the spirits of the greatest heroes from the Amazon people. The power to summon a Valkyrie is the greatest honor that an Amazon warrior can receive. It is believed this gift is a sign that your place beside the Goddess is assured when you pass from this world-perhaps even as a

Valkyrie spawns with the following equipment dependent on level:

Slvl 1 : Full plate mail and Spear (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 2 : adds Heavy gloves (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 4 : adds Heavy Boots (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 5 : adds Heavy Belt (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 7 : upgrades Full Plate Mail to Chaos Armor (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 8 : upgrades Spear to Lance (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 10: upgrades Heavy Gloves to War Gauntlets (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 11: upgrades Heavy Boots to War Boots (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 12: upgrades Heavy Belt to War Belt (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 13: adds Amulet (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 14: adds Circlet (mod1 = 4)
Slvl 16: replaces Chaos Armor with Sacred Armor (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 17: replaces Lance with War Pike (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 19: upgrades War Gauntlets to Crusader Gauntlets (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 21: upgrades War Boots to Mirrored Boots (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 23: upgrades War Belt to Colussus Girdle (mod1 = 6)
Slvl 25: changes mod1 for amulet from 4 to 6
Slvl 27: upgrades Circlet to Tiara (mod1 = 6)

(Mod1 = 4) Is a Magic item
(Mod1 = 6) is a Rare item.

The Valkyrie gains different pieces of Rare and Magic equipment based on her skill level. The items come with random bonuses, so every time you cast the Valkyrie the bonuses on her items will be randomly chosen. These exact item stats cannot be seen except with a third party program which I won't mention in here.

Important breakpoints for the damage output on Valkyrie are slvl-8 (when she gains her Lance) and slvl-17 (upgrade the Lance to a War Pike).
Important breakpoints for the tankiness on Valkyrie are slvl-7 (when she gains her Chaos Armor) and slvl-16 (upgrade the Chaos Armor to a Sacred Armor).

You missed out slvl27 in the 2 Paragraphs below.

It is a personal thing of mine that I always go for slvl 27 for a Valk with my Amazon builds since the Valk can equip elite items.

But great guide, nicely done.
Gold: 33.50
Apr 19 2021 12:43pm
Amazing, thanks for sharing. Is there a way to see Iron Golem and what all actually works and how much?
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll