d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Trump Legacy And Pros/cons
Prev11516171819Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 11 2021 12:06pm
Quote (Duckling @ Jan 11 2021 12:02pm)
Anyone bashing trump for his handling of COVID is literally being intellectually dishonest. Anything mandated nationally would’ve been called authoritarian and a bait for republicans to stymie freedoms. It’s quite pathetic that half the country is more concerned about our leader than the serious enemy that unleashed it upon the world. But again, that half is delusional

u know he could have just like, ummm idk, not called it a hoax on national briefs literally dozens of days in a row.

would he have gotten roasted no matter what he did? of course. does that mean he in a literal sense did nothing wrong? lol
Gold: 0.00
Jan 11 2021 12:08pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 11 2021 01:06pm)
u know he could have just like, ummm idk, not called it a hoax on national briefs literally dozens of days in a row.

would he have gotten roasted no matter what he did? of course. does that mean he in a literal sense did nothing wrong? lol

It is a hoax when flu diagnoses are down. For someone as sophisticated as you, if you don’t see how’s it’s been an orchestrated and calculated attempt to effect him and remove him from office, not enough critical thought and nuance used then
Jan 11 2021 12:12pm
Quote (Duckling @ Jan 11 2021 12:08pm)
It is a hoax when flu diagnoses are down. For someone as sophisticated as you, if you don’t see how’s it’s been an orchestrated and calculated attempt to effect him and remove him from office, not enough critical thought and nuance used then

its funny that you reference nuance when that's exactly what was needed, and seriously lacked, from Trump's rhetoric.

he never did a good job of explaining why it was a hoax, he just trusted that his anti-media message was strong enough to carry him through. lazily referenced flu death numbers, and didnt bother to explain.

yes i know the media is always against trump, yes i know they've been unfair to him, and yes they have overblown some information around Covid. no that doesnt change what i said at all.
Gold: 14.88
Jan 11 2021 01:08pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 11 2021 10:06am)

To his defense, we all called everything else a hoax in the past. Swine flu, SARS, ebola. The press hypes this shit up annually, cried wolf too many times. There's a pandemic panic ever year on CNN.
Jan 11 2021 01:32pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Jan 11 2021 01:08pm)
To his defense, we all called everything else a hoax in the past. Swine flu, SARS, ebola. The press hypes this shit up annually, cried wolf too many times. There's a pandemic panic ever year on CNN.

the moral of the story is that when the boy cried wolf too many times a wolf eventually showed up and no one came to help him. so i agree?
Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 11 2021 01:42pm
Quote (Duckling @ 11 Jan 2021 19:02)
Anyone bashing trump for his handling of COVID is literally being intellectually dishonest. Anything mandated nationally would’ve been called authoritarian and a bait for republicans to stymie freedoms. It’s quite pathetic that half the country is more concerned about our leader than the serious enemy that unleashed it upon the world. But again, that half is delusional

If Trump had held a press conference with Fauci, a generally revered and trusted expert, lays out the science and urges everyone to wear masks, followed by Trump stepping on the stage and urging Americans to heed this advice, there is just no way that liberals or the MSM could have spun this as Trump being a dangerous authoritarian who's trying to take freedoms away. Turning masks into a partisan issue is the most harmful thing Trump did throughout his entire presidency, yes, I consider it more harmful than egging on the Q crowd to storm the Capitol.

Just to make this clear: even if Trump had done the right thing in this sense, the US would still have failed horribly at dealing with covid, just like Europe is failing horribly. But even within the category of "epic failure", there are different tiers, and Trump's ignorance and selfishness on this issue elevated America's failure by several tiers.
Gold: 57.00
Jan 11 2021 02:29pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 11 Jan 2021 14:42)
If Trump had held a press conference with Fauci, a generally revered and trusted expert, lays out the science and urges everyone to wear masks, followed by Trump stepping on the stage and urging Americans to heed this advice, there is just no way that liberals or the MSM could have spun this as Trump being a dangerous authoritarian who's trying to take freedoms away. Turning masks into a partisan issue is the most harmful thing Trump did throughout his entire presidency, yes, I consider it more harmful than egging on the Q crowd to storm the Capitol.

Just to make this clear: even if Trump had done the right thing in this sense, the US would still have failed horribly at dealing with covid, just like Europe is failing horribly. But even within the category of "epic failure", there are different tiers, and Trump's ignorance and selfishness on this issue elevated America's failure by several tiers.

yup. “Listen to fauci’s team cuz theyre experts on this not me. and oh buy my trump 2020 mask on my website to own the libs i mean to protect us from covid. in fact buy one ill send you one free cuz fauci said so” and he could have played golf all year and won with ease. he didnt and that was his own undoing.

e: if that did happen media would still criticize him for “politicizing” masks, many lefties wouldnt wear masks in protest, and trump’s supporters would be calling everyone not in a a mask a commie

This post was edited by excellence on Jan 11 2021 02:31pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Jan 11 2021 02:33pm
Quote (excellence @ Jan 11 2021 12:29pm)
yup. “Listen to fauci’s team cuz theyre experts on this not me. and oh buy my trump 2020 mask on my website to own the libs i mean to protect us from covid” and he could have played golf all year and won with ease. he didnt and that was his own undoing.

I would have laughed at all the liberals CRYING at MAGA masks. Cuomo would have mandated transparent masks in nursing homes and all of the old people would have suffocated.
Gold: 57.00
Jan 11 2021 02:39pm
Quote (thundercock @ 11 Jan 2021 15:33)
I would have laughed at all the liberals CRYING at MAGA masks. Cuomo would have mandated transparent masks in nursing homes and all of the old people would have suffocated.

a true missed opportunity. certainly from a public health standpoint but also from a ‘4d chess, troll the lefties’ angle too.

how the tycoon of branding failed to put his name on a product everyones buying anyways will be one of life’s great mysteries.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 11 2021 04:48pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 11 Jan 2021 16:44)
fender shocked that calling someone mentally challenged in a mocking way is considered worse than "trash". peak victim mentality. o well, i warned him years ago that using insults with the phrase "tard" or "special" is not going to age well, its considered a slur these days, as it should be.

first of all, you once again forgot to pretend you have me blocked - or did you get a 'new device' again, lol?

secondly, i think it's fair that someone would feel offended by it - my 'shock', if you want to call it that, is that the post wasn't even reported, and someone with moderating powers just decided to police it days after i made it. i also find it hilarious that other serious slurs apparently go completely unpunished. the selective outrage is what fascinates me, thanks for being a fine example of that, little buddy.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11516171819Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll