d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Biden's Cabinet/staff Picks
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Nov 23 2020 05:00pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 23 Nov 2020 17:40)
Omg what a shitshow that would have been. Her and Biden would have butted heads all the time. Yellen should be a solid pick.

I gotta say that Mnuchin was the best member of Trump's cabinet. Competent and efficient, did his job without creating controversies or stirring shit up.

LOL! I dont see anything in Kerry's cv that makes him qualified for this position. .

Kerry exemplifies the worst in American society . He is a compromised tool and a racist who has done nothing but marry up and fail in the military. for this he got rewarded with multiple swamp demon positions. Nothing about merit at all. Its nice to be a pale pasty privileged lefty in America

Quote (thundercock @ 23 Nov 2020 17:26)
The nice thing is that she has "no ties to Wall Street" so progressives think they got a win :rofl:

The only person who will be upset is Ilhan Omar because she really wanted a relative of bin Laden to be in charge.

I need to research Mayorkas more but everyone else seems very solid. I think the real tough pick is going to be AG. There's A LOT of work that needs to be done and some of the decisions they'll have to make will be career ending.

that really is a stupid group. the former head of the fed has no Wall Street ties lmao

good call on AG forgot to highlight that. for me SoS, AG, Treasury Secretary and Head of fed are most important. AG might be #1 tbh. JFK had his brother has AG. Obama got Holder who was willing to be held in contempt to protect his boss. Slick Willie had Reno the absolute ruthless head of justice; she got Waco raided without a second thought and kicked poor Elian Gonzalez out in no time flat (what a time that was when (R)s wanted illegal immigrants to stay)
Gold: 475.46
Nov 23 2020 05:05pm
Quote (Djunior @ Nov 23 2020 09:19am)
Correction. Hunter Biden is a corrupt crackhead with ties to Ukrainian oligarchs and linked to wild sex parties with underaged girls involved. Model citizen huh. Now compare that to Trumps kids

Prove this nonsense.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 23 2020 05:28pm
Quote (thundercock @ Nov 23 2020 04:26pm)

I need to research Mayorkas more but everyone else seems very solid. I think the real tough pick is going to be AG. There's A LOT of work that needs to be done and some of the decisions they'll have to make will be career ending.

I've heard reports that Merrick Garland is being considered for AG.
Gold: 2,617.52
Nov 23 2020 05:48pm
Blinken is a globalist. Wants to reinstate Iran deal and fund global terrorism *facepalm*

Quote (said_aouita @ Nov 23 2020 11:05am)
Hunter Biden smokes meth. So have I. * While the Trump boys enjoy killing exotic animals.

Some people believe the person who does drugs is more of a piece of shit.

https://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/RbrNVPkprCulJ_8JCRmZQCcUTxg=/800x802/top/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/ER7SEQH3XC6F7NHGOZLLGPYRAA.jpg

*While living in Phoenix. Tweekers are strong in the valley.

Boom headshot

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Nov 23 2020 05:48pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Nov 23 2020 05:49pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Nov 23 2020 03:48pm)
Blinken is a globalist. Wants to reinstate Iran deal and fund global terrorism *facepalm*

Good. Kenyans making our clothes instead of white trash Americans is a good thing.
Gold: 2,617.52
Nov 23 2020 06:03pm
Quote (thundercock @ Nov 23 2020 06:49pm)
Good. Kenyans making our clothes instead of white trash Americans is a good thing.

Its a fair debate to have.

I think Black people like getting paid 22/hr more than 18/hr though. Illegal imms and globalism destroys wages period.
Gold: 4,400.67
Nov 23 2020 06:04pm
Quote (IceMage @ 23 Nov 2020 23:59)
Is that the main takeaway? I think what's most notable is all of these people have the relevant experience. They aren't flashy names... I've never even heard of Mayorkas, Haines, and Thomas-Greenfield before.

A lot of administrations try to select political talent... Nikki Haley, Mike Pompeo, etc. So far, Biden looks to be trying to find the best people.

Careful, you might gag from sucking Biden's dick too hard. :rolleyes:

To me, it looks like Biden is trying to circle the wagons preemptively and make sure that there's no backstabbing or disloyalty in his administration. For all the talk about how Biden "will be a transitional president, and he knows it", I would have expected him to promote at least some political talent. He seems more concerned with making things as smooth as possible for himself than with leading his party into the future.

Or perhaps this is actually a deliberate, long-term strategy of his: run a smooth, efficient, technocratic, center-left administration and hope that it is popular enough with the middle of the electorate to 1. take the wind out of the sails of the party's insurgent far-left fringe, 2. take the wind out of the sails of the outraged, trumpy right-wing segment of the population and 3. consolidate the gains his party made in upscale suburbs. Such an approach is certain to catch a lot of flak from both the left and the right... but if this gambit works out, he isnt wiped out in the 2022 midterms and him or Kamala win reelection in 2024, then both the Bernie wing and the Trumpists would be defeated for good. I dont think such a strategy will succeed, but it might be worth a try.

Or this is overinterpreting things, and he's really just looking for a tight, loyal circle of confidants. Who knows. *shrug*

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Nov 23 2020 06:05pm
Gold: 260.11
Nov 23 2020 06:08pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Nov 23 2020 06:04pm)
Careful, you might gag from sucking Biden's dick too hard. :rolleyes:

To me, it looks like Biden is trying to circle the wagons preemptively and make sure that there's no backstabbing or disloyalty in his administration. For all the talk about how Biden "will be a transitional president, and he knows it", I would have expected him to promote at least some political talent. He seems more concerned with making things as smooth as possible for himself than with leading his party into the future.

Or perhaps this is actually a deliberate, long-term strategy of his: run a smooth, efficient, technocratic, center-left administration and hope that it is popular enough with the middle of the electorate to 1. take the wind out of the sails of the party's insurgent far-left fringe, 2. take the wind out of the sails of the outraged, trumpy right-wing segment of the population and 3. consolidate the gains his party made in upscale suburbs. Such an approach is certain to catch a lot of flak from both the left and the right... but if this gambit works out, he isnt wiped out in the 2022 midterms and him or Kamala win reelection in 2024, then both the Bernie wing and the Trumpists would be defeated for good. I dont think such a strategy will succeed, but it might be worth a try.

Or this is overinterpreting things, and he's really just looking for a tight, loyal circle of confidants. Who knows. *shrug*

You're still in Trump mode. Biden isn't looking for "loyalty", that's not a normal presidential thing. He's looking for people who are competent enough to do their jobs.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2020 06:09pm
Biden going to jail, that's why you sheep keep making new threads. You lost the narrative.
Gold: 4,400.67
Nov 23 2020 06:12pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 24 Nov 2020 00:28)
I've heard reports that Merrick Garland is being considered for AG.

That would be a really strong signal about "righting a historical wrong".

It would, however, shift the DC Circuit to the left.
Also, would Garland actually be interested in giving up his liftime appointment as chief justice of the 2nd most powerful court in the nation for a 4 year stint in politics?

Quote (EndlessSky @ 24 Nov 2020 00:48)

Almost the entire Democratic party is globalist these days. I'm not too worried about Blinken tbh. At the end of the day, the SoS is just a glorified ambassador - the big calls on foreign policy are made by the president himself.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll