d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Suggestion: Purchasable Training Gear From The Mp
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,683.52
Sep 25 2020 05:37am
Quote (Bigheaded @ Sep 25 2020 06:54am)
put it up then? level 35+ stuff in particular is generally difficult to get hold of, even with 30-70 ee it's pretty useful. I often search for items like that and give it to new players.
Level 0-25 i generally have my own stockpile: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=193561&p=527077 https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=193561&p=29618

If anything i'd like to see a simple item store which allows you to buy any tier of item with 40ee for like 5 fg, these items can't be traded/muted etc.
voted yes with changes

All usable items I find that I grab rot because I’m. Not putting them up on market and paying a fee for them to expire .

Gold: 1,202.66
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2020 07:10am
Quote (CARTRACK @ Sep 25 2020 01:39am)
I still disagree even after reading all the above comments. I dunno maybe I’m old school. I remember starting out with 0 fg and only playing LS. I worked my way up the old school way: beg, borrow, barter, find shit sell shit but more shit sell previously used shit. 1 year later (or however long I’ve been here) and it’s still pretty much the same strategy.

I think the game was generous enough to give you a stick to start out with. You want hand me downs or freebies then beg the regulars and hopefully one of us is nice enough to give you something. =)

And I bet you're a lot more proud too.. cause you earned what you got from nothing.. just like any other 'good' game I've ever played.
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 25 2020 07:37am
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 25 2020 04:37am)
All usable items I find that I grab rot because I’m. Not putting them up on market and paying a fee for them to expire .

This.

Quote (kaspir @ Sep 25 2020 06:10am)
And I bet you're a lot more proud too.. cause you earned what you got from nothing.. just like any other 'good' game I've ever played.

With the minor correction of "earned what you got from effort" this too.
Gold: 7,177.65
Trader: Trusted
Sep 25 2020 07:43am
Surprised to see so many No votes here. I don't see how this affects any of you existing players.
The point is giving a new player a basic means of starting the game and learning the basics of the game, with hopes of retaining them in a way they want to purchase their own gear once they have a few climbs/experience under their belt.

How frustrating must it be for a new player with no idea what they are doing to start with a fucking t1 weapon be told to "work your way up" solo when the majority of players won't group climb with you and generally advice is to go " buy whatever useless items on the MP that are available" when they have no clue of price point/weapon route to go with/equipment tiers/or how stats affect items.
That is asking a lot from a beginning player initially logging in. Then they start passing MQs and have to find a whole new set of items to continue :rolleyes:

Lets give them an opportunity to learn the game through *playing* AND grinding, rather than posting for help in the forums and being overwhelmed with guides.

If the issue is the amount of gear that's in the starter pack, that is an easy tweak.

Gold: 7,305.79
Sep 25 2020 07:50am
If any new new player needs advice, they should listen to . Guy started with 0fg and now has a bunch.

I was on the fence but voted no for a few reasons. Its a gear based game, gear should be difficult to acquire imo because its one of the few things to do in this game as theres very little content. This like any other game its either invest the $$(fg) or time. Easier now than its been to make fg off mutables and whites thanks to muting change. Also I think more gear would be available if players werent taxed so hard through the marketplace. In wow for example. 5% fee is fine, but if the item expires, the item is returned and no fee charged. Wish LS would adopt this so players could actually use the MP without throwing fg away and more market options would be available for all players.

This post was edited by Pick on Sep 25 2020 07:54am
Gold: 1,950.35
Sep 25 2020 07:51am
I like the idea. Cap the EE, make the items account bound, and assign durability.
Gold: 1,202.66
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2020 07:53am
You were always better with words Dom!
Gold: 638.99
Sep 25 2020 07:56am
Quote (kaspir @ Sep 24 2020 10:57pm)
Can't Shouldn't add more to a game that consistently disconnects it's players regardless how good the game is.. the 1006's are really starting to work my nerves, among some other bugs that constantly make my game experience torture.

Either way, I still voted no for so many reasons. You put some work/thought into this however. GL.

e/ imagine being a new player, have never seen this game before.. you like it for the few hours, until.. 1006.. 1006.. 1006.. would you stick around?

1006 really happens to you that many times?

I think I’ve maybe experience only maybe 8-10 times, except for 1 climb about 2-3 weeks ago and literally happened to be from 63 to mq literally every level and was taking everything for me to not smash something :rofl;
Gold: 7,177.65
Trader: Trusted
Sep 25 2020 07:56am
Quote (Pick @ Sep 25 2020 09:50am)
If any new new player needs advice, they should listen to ^cartrack . Guy started with 0fg and now has a bunch.

I was on the fence but voted no for a few reasons. Its a gear based game, gear should be difficult to acquire imo because its one of the few things to do in this gamw as theres very little content. I think more gear would be available if players werent taxed so hard through the marketplace. In wow for example. 5% fee is fine, but if the item expires, the item is returned and no fee charged. Wish LS would adopt this.

Good gear should be, and will always be difficult to acquire. Are we worried there will be too many new players running around with account-bound 100ee 55training swords?

More gear definitely would be available with that MP change, I think that is a great suggestion but that's not this suggestion. Both additions to the game would be fantastic.

This post was edited by JonWon on Sep 25 2020 07:58am
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 25 2020 08:02am
Quote (JonWon @ Sep 25 2020 06:56am)
Good gear should be, and will always be difficult to acquire. Are we worried there will be too many new players running around with account-bound 100ee 55training swords?

More gear definitely would be available with that MP change, I think that is a great suggestion but that's not this suggestion. Both would be fantastic.

"Training Swords" should have no EE, and should not be wellable. I'd have been thrilled had I had a simple white 55 sword on bufcore. Wouldn't have ripped my 25.

I can almost get behind a suggestion of training gear. But not at hundreds of fg, and not with a ton of stats or ee. We don't want to start new players out with gear it may take them months to acquire. Better to let them start with a t1 white than give them a false sense of awesomeness.

If it's going to be hundreds of fg, simply taking the Market back to what it started as (items stay up full season) will allow starter sets that are as good or better, permanent, and cheaper. If it's going to have a bunch of the most important mod in the game and the most important support stat in the game? Uh... Unrealistic expectations.

I'm all for making things available for purchase. That, to me, requires a market change, not a new "training gear" mechanic.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll