d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Suggestion: Purchasable Training Gear From The Mp
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,805.79
Sep 25 2020 08:04am
Quote (JonWon @ Sep 25 2020 09:56am)
Good gear should be, and will always be difficult to acquire. Are we worried there will be too many new players running around with account-bound 100ee 55training swords?

More gear definitely would be available with that MP change, I think that is a great suggestion but that's not this suggestion. Both additions to the game would be fantastic.

I dont think difficulty is what dissuades new players from playing LS. All the new people ive introduced say that the game is just boring. My opinion is that removing the MP fee if items dont sell and more 100ee swords would be available for newer players, and that way players are getting the fg instead of more paul tax which already exists through MP fees and vault fees.

Would rather him remove the 5% fee if items dont sell and actually spend time on more content instead of this which would probably bring more players.

This post was edited by Pick on Sep 25 2020 08:07am
Gold: 1,202.66
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2020 08:08am
Quote (UnknownX @ Sep 25 2020 09:56am)
1006 really happens to you that many times?

I think I’ve maybe experience only maybe 8-10 times, except for 1 climb about 2-3 weeks ago and literally happened to be from 63 to mq literally every level and was taking everything for me to not smash something :rofl;

Shit I only been on a hour today and already got two 1001's.

/e seems to be completely random, I can be doing anything from fighting an EP (scary!) to glyphing, or moving items in MP or vault, etc.. I've seen enough.. losing mad glyphs and maps.. (idc about glyphs, but some ppl do)

anyways, done posting here, unless it's on topic. think ive said too much already off topic.

This post was edited by kaspir on Sep 25 2020 08:10am
Gold: 67,173.07
Sep 25 2020 08:13am
Quote (kaspir @ Sep 25 2020 10:08am)
Shit I only been on a hour today and already got two 1001's.

/e seems to be completely random, I can be doing anything from fighting an EP (scary!) to glyphing, or moving items in MP or vault, etc.. I've seen enough.. losing mad glyphs and maps.. (idc about glyphs, but some ppl do)

anyways, done posting here, unless it's on topic. think ive said too much already off topic.

I think 1001 is on your side though, somebody correct me if I’m wrong

This post was edited by ToughGuy_TJ on Sep 25 2020 08:13am
Gold: 1,202.66
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2020 08:15am
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ Sep 25 2020 10:13am)

O'rly? What about the 1006 then? This shit about.. my-side "it's your browser" is a broken record mate... and I already proved to Paul that one correction he made, was not in fact my browser. Still got the PM to prove. :rofl:

More info: https://lmgtfy.app/?q=cloudflare%201001

e/ You're absolutely right Dom! And yes, some of Paul's configuration 'could' effect it. However, if I was him, I be calling up Cloudflare as a paying customer.. wouldn't you? And maybe he has.. but... yea...

This post was edited by kaspir on Sep 25 2020 08:18am
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 25 2020 08:15am
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ Sep 25 2020 07:13am)

I've gotten 1001 both my side and not my side, so could be either there.

And wtf dude, did you sell another kidney in RLT? 1m fg again? ffs!

Quote (kaspir @ Sep 25 2020 07:15am)
O'rly? What about the 1006 then? This shit about.. my-side "it's your browser" is a broken record mate... and I already proved to Paul that one correction he made, was not in fact my browser. Still got them PM to prove. :rofl:

1006 is very seldom you. That's almost entirely cloudflare. Whether or not Paul's settings would impact it, I don't know. That's not something I know much about. But when it's the worse, you'll experience issues with Discord as well.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Sep 25 2020 08:16am
Gold: 8,414.35
Trader: Trusted
Sep 25 2020 09:50am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 25 2020 10:02am)
"Training Swords" should have no EE, and should not be wellable. I'd have been thrilled had I had a simple white 55 sword on bufcore. Wouldn't have ripped my 25.

I can almost get behind a suggestion of training gear. But not at hundreds of fg, and not with a ton of stats or ee. We don't want to start new players out with gear it may take them months to acquire. Better to let them start with a t1 white than give them a false sense of awesomeness.

If it's going to be hundreds of fg, simply taking the Market back to what it started as (items stay up full season) will allow starter sets that are as good or better, permanent, and cheaper. If it's going to have a bunch of the most important mod in the game and the most important support stat in the game? Uh... Unrealistic expectations.

I'm all for making things available for purchase. That, to me, requires a market change, not a new "training gear" mechanic.

As Arturo mentioned, the weapon would automatically increase in tiers/level as your character levels - so it wouldn't be multiple items; wouldn't be wellable; shrineable or tradeable, and honestly - even if it had no EE it would still be a great starter weapon versus a t1 item which becomes obsolete immediately.

I could get behind a training weapon with no EE if the tier of the item increased for the player. Lets just give them a chance to hack mobs mindlessly to MQ with a single item that has durability.
Whether you have to pay fg for the training weapon or if it is created on character creation is debateable.

Quote (Pick @ Sep 25 2020 10:04am)
I dont think difficulty is what dissuades new players from playing LS. All the new people ive introduced say that the game is just boring. My opinion is that removing the MP fee if items dont sell and more 100ee swords would be available for newer players, and that way players are getting the fg instead of more paul tax which already exists through MP fees and vault fees.

Would rather him remove the 5% fee if items dont sell and actually spend time on more content instead of this which would probably bring more players.

The marketplace change would benefit this too, it would actually work beautifully in tandem - but separate suggestion.

I think the difficulty of the game and its simplicity is the biggest draw, it's great.
The issue lies in the capability of players jumping in right away and joining in on the fun.

Right now this is how I see the game:
Click on Play Ladder Slasher and hack mobs slowly and surely as a new player with a moderately-powerful-enough weapon that increments tier based on character level.
Click on Play Ladder Slasher and hack mobs to lvl 20 then play search the MP in hopes of knowing how to scan the MP/what to look for/and an actual useful item fucking being there for a reasonable price.

-Fail MQ, try again to unlock new class
-Pass MQ, time to buy completely new set of items unless you read 5out-dated guides and purchased the right items from the beginning
-Pass MQ, but don't have the right items to climb so create a 2nd char or reroll back to feeder (bcuz that's "fun" :rolleyes: )

/e: The weapon could be brass knuckles or some shit, that way they don't gain proficiency for swords and it incentivizes them to buy their own equipment as soon as they can

This post was edited by JonWon on Sep 25 2020 09:59am
Gold: 8,577.68
Sep 25 2020 04:33pm
Quote (Arturo @ Sep 25 2020 01:52pm)
Example proposals with example price points:... amount of time with just a quick FG investment.

Second, the %s, price points, weapon/armor types and names are just suggestions and can change.
920 FG (30$ worth of FG): Intermediate training gear set
Gets destroyed after 5 MQs.
Intermediate training sword:
45% of max EE for the level. Level 0: 27EE, level 5: 36 EE, level 10: 45 EE, etc. etc. up to level 55 with 126 EE.
Intermediate training armor
Tank version: Same as the sword in terms of EE.
Damage version: 55% of max stat for the level. Level 0: 8 str, level 5: 11, level 10: 14 etc. up to level 55 with 39 str.
Intermediate training charm:
Same as the damage version of the armor.

Pros:
- A brand new player can immediately jump in a climb with just an FG/$ investment.
- May increase player count and activity
- Creates an FG sink
- It makes it possible for a group of 5 brand new players to group up and complete a climb in a reasonable amount of time
- ??

Cons:
- May devalue starting gear; however, with the training sets not being permanent there is still an incentive to buy starter gear to not have to be constantly paying the training gear fee. The people who are buying the training sets may also not be people who would have spent the time even trying the game out by buying starter gear.
- Gear quality may still not be enough for old players to accept new players since they will still slow the climb down
- ??

e/ Sorry Rick, forgot the your Hell No! poll option :(

I can only say how I would abuse this completely, and to be honest with you, if this was implemented, I would do this on Hardcore for certain and make forum gold selling items to the new players and old... reason is simple... I don't need to worry about gear since I do NOT play for Guild Points, however I do like gaining Prof points, this would be awesome to do... So if the Addition / Conclusion apply to your idea, then I would happily spend 920fg and never complete a master quest. EDIT: well, if I could get to Paladin under 5 MQs, then that would be even better.

Addition: Class Usable items for Feeder to Samurai to Paladin, meaning you can use only use Feeder Rogue / Barb / Fighter / Guardian. What this means is when choosing Guardian, you start with a Longsword and not a sword, Samurai can use it as well as a Paladin.

Conclusion: Opens up a 3rd option other than just Tank or Melee or Cast or Plain Healer ... Dual - Tank/Heal, Tank/Cast, Melee/Heal & Melee/Heal (going to stop here because you have not mentioned if the TRAINEE items you rent for X # of MQs convert to usable equipment from feeder to Paladin... example you start with a Mage (dagger) and choose Dual Cast/Heal, you pass MQ to Sammy (dagger) and then pass to Paladin, does it convert to a Sword or other?)

So... I am going to vote NO.

EDIT2: Damn, I would love to use a level 55, 126% ee Longsword & 126% ee 55 Regular heal or other heal.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 25 2020 04:40pm
Gold: 148,477.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 25 2020 05:25pm
I want to add that I agree 100% that the MP limitations should be looked at and reworked. The fee should be taken first at a higher item price and perhaps having a way to pay for more slots or simply increasing the amount of MP slots available would also be ideal and help the game immensely, in my opinion. However, that is a different suggestion.

Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 25 2020 04:33pm)
I can only say how I would abuse this completely, and to be honest with you, if this was implemented, I would do this on Hardcore for certain and make forum gold selling items to the new players and old... reason is simple... I don't need to worry about gear since I do NOT play for Guild Points, however I do like gaining Prof points, this would be awesome to do... So if the Addition / Conclusion apply to your idea, then I would happily spend 920fg and never complete a master quest. EDIT: well, if I could get to Paladin under 5 MQs, then that would be even better.

Addition: Class Usable items for Feeder to Samurai to Paladin, meaning you can use only use Feeder Rogue / Barb / Fighter / Guardian. What this means is when choosing Guardian, you start with a Longsword and not a sword, Samurai can use it as well as a Paladin.

Conclusion: Opens up a 3rd option other than just Tank or Melee or Cast or Plain Healer ... Dual - Tank/Heal, Tank/Cast, Melee/Heal & Melee/Heal (going to stop here because you have not mentioned if the TRAINEE items you rent for X # of MQs convert to usable equipment from feeder to Paladin... example you start with a Mage (dagger) and choose Dual Cast/Heal, you pass MQ to Sammy (dagger) and then pass to Paladin, does it convert to a Sword or other?)

So... I am going to vote NO.

EDIT2: Damn, I would love to use a level 55, 126% ee Longsword & 126% ee 55 Regular heal or other heal.

You're putting words in my mouth... I specifically mentioned SWORD, not longsword, not spear, not warhammer, etc.. I did say feeder, but I guess it would be more meant for the typical barb/fighter/rogue feeders. If you want to include the guardian then it wouldn't be a big deal, but there's no way he'd get a heavy. Guardians can use clubs, so it would be that. However, to simplify everything then I'd suggest it being a sword and it can also be limited to ONLY be usable on the feeders that can be use swords, the samurai and the paladin meaning it would not be usable on ninja and the armors would also be limited to just those classes without the ability to use them on HH.

I also never mentioned any hybrid that you like to play. If a new player wants to do that then great, but they will have to buy their own gear for that purpose.

The caster set up I mentioned can also be completely limited to just mage and in that way it will restrict its use and prevent its use on unlocked classes.

Lastly, you say you would never MQ on HC? How are you going to continue using the items if you're not killing yourself to 0 xp? If you reroll at 55 the item is still going to be level 55 since it levels with you. If you are planning on just doing that to keep the 55 item and have other items to get there then there's a simple solution to that. Rerolls can also degrade the weapon. So if you MQ or reroll it degrades the item's "durability" by 1.

Quote (JonWon @ Sep 25 2020 09:50am)
As Arturo mentioned, the weapon would automatically increase in tiers/level as your character levels - so it wouldn't be multiple items; wouldn't be wellable; shrineable or tradeable, and honestly - even if it had no EE it would still be a great starter weapon versus a t1 item which becomes obsolete immediately.

I could get behind a training weapon with no EE if the tier of the item increased for the player. Lets just give them a chance to hack mobs mindlessly to MQ with a single item that has durability.
Whether you have to pay fg for the training weapon or if it is created on character creation is debateable.

The marketplace change would benefit this too, it would actually work beautifully in tandem - but separate suggestion.

I think the difficulty of the game and its simplicity is the biggest draw, it's great.
The issue lies in the capability of players jumping in right away and joining in on the fun.

Right now this is how I see the game:
Click on Play Ladder Slasher and hack mobs slowly and surely as a new player with a moderately-powerful-enough weapon that increments tier based on character level.
Click on Play Ladder Slasher and hack mobs to lvl 20 then play search the MP in hopes of knowing how to scan the MP/what to look for/and an actual useful item fucking being there for a reasonable price.

-Fail MQ, try again to unlock new class
-Pass MQ, time to buy completely new set of items unless you read 5out-dated guides and purchased the right items from the beginning
-Pass MQ, but don't have the right items to climb so create a 2nd char or reroll back to feeder (bcuz that's "fun" :rolleyes: )

/e: The weapon could be brass knuckles or some shit, that way they don't gain proficiency for swords and it incentivizes them to buy their own equipment as soon as they can

I basically agree with everything you said and really like that the items could be a completely new types with no ability to gain profs for the added incentive to get your own gear for profs and also to limit it specifically to the feeder classes and samurai and paladin.

I also mentioned its use from feeder to paladin to give them a bit more time to gather gear before having to move on from the training gear, but this could also be changed and be limited to just samurai and feeder or to just the feeders.

This post was edited by Arturo on Sep 25 2020 05:26pm
Gold: 50,100.19
Sep 25 2020 05:45pm
Quote (Arturo @ Sep 25 2020 07:25pm)
I want to add that I agree 100% that the MP limitations should be looked at and reworked. The fee should be taken first at a higher item price and perhaps having a way to pay for more slots or simply increasing the amount of MP slots available would also be ideal and help the game immensely, in my opinion. However, that is a different suggestion.

You're putting words in my mouth... I specifically mentioned SWORD, not longsword, not spear, not warhammer, etc.. I did say feeder, but I guess it would be more meant for the typical barb/fighter/rogue feeders. If you want to include the guardian then it wouldn't be a big deal, but there's no way he'd get a heavy. Guardians can use clubs, so it would be that. However, to simplify everything then I'd suggest it being a sword and it can also be limited to ONLY be usable on the feeders that can be use swords, the samurai and the paladin meaning it would not be usable on ninja and the armors would also be limited to just those classes without the ability to use them on HH.

I also never mentioned any hybrid that you like to play. If a new player wants to do that then great, but they will have to buy their own gear for that purpose.

The caster set up I mentioned can also be completely limited to just mage and in that way it will restrict its use and prevent its use on unlocked classes.

Lastly, you say you would never MQ on HC? How are you going to continue using the items if you're not killing yourself to 0 xp? If you reroll at 55 the item is still going to be level 55 since it levels with you. If you are planning on just doing that to keep the 55 item and have other items to get there then there's a simple solution to that. Rerolls can also degrade the weapon. So if you MQ or reroll it degrades the item's "durability" by 1.

I basically agree with everything you said and really like that the items could be a completely new types with no ability to gain profs for the added incentive to get your own gear for profs and also to limit it specifically to the feeder classes and samurai and paladin.

I also mentioned its use from feeder to paladin to give them a bit more time to gather gear before having to move on from the training gear, but this could also be changed and be limited to just samurai and feeder or to just the feeders.

They should gain profs

Not be slowed
To be used passed 3’doormclases

Even if you go 3/3. You have seen the game and have decided if want to spend or not . GPS are status. They have zero value to a person if you are in a pure ls guild.

So U can’t reaally abuse the mq system with minimum invest in “ls gear “

It would be a great update in my opinion.

I know a lot of people in ee and ua will disagree but this suggestion is 100% for the growth of the game
Gold: 8,577.68
Sep 25 2020 06:17pm
Quote (Arturo @ Sep 26 2020 11:25am)
You're putting words in my mouth... I specifically mentioned SWORD, etc

The heading is "EXAMPLE", basically it does NOT mean that Sword was the only viable weapon that you posted as an example.

Previous to that, I thought you meant that you only get 'usable' items from feeder to paladin' which implies that your example had a chance of using a Guardian because all 3 classes use Longswords & med to heavy armor.

Also, you did NOT mention that re-rolling would keep the item to level 55, I was under the impression that the training items being locked to character that it would roll back to Tier III. With your explanation now, if you passed to samurai, the sword, armor & charm would disappear @ 55 and give you a new set of items? Either way, if I still had 55 training gear and re-rolled instead of MQ'ing, I would re roll and use what I currently use and end up with better 55 gear.

Your idea needs work, I am not dissing the idea, I am fundamentally trying to show you what a person can do with it if it is implemented.

Quote (slushslush @ Sep 26 2020 11:45am)
They should gain profs

Not be slowed
To be used passed 3’doormclases

Even if you go 3/3. You have seen the game and have decided if want to spend or not . GPS are status. They have zero value to a person if you are in a pure ls guild.

So U can’t reaally abuse the mq system with minimum invest in “ls gear “

It would be a great update in my opinion.

I know a lot of people in ee and ua will disagree but this suggestion is 100% for the growth of the game

Like I posted on Page 2 in this thread, if you are wanting to help people starting in this game, then point them to the place where there is help and get a mod to re-activate them;

Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 25 2020 09:34pm)
Read (red) all the posts and replies.

It seems that your idea is to try and help new players out. Now, I would suggest that those people who wants to help out new players with gear, should contact the moderators and ask them to add their name to this link;

LS Starter Gear Community Directory *EDIT: re-activate it to be accessible to all or make a new page that is bumped automatically every month.

Then I would say that people direct new players to that area to post and then they can make arrangements via PMs.

This way, new players will have help in getting starting gear that they can keep using, and if after a few climbs not interested in playing, they can put them up on MP to make some fg back.

Your idea is nice. I could abuse it with ease. Also noticed that your idea is only based on like Barb / Fighter / Rogue feeder classes, or does it alternate the items with the feeder you choose... like myself, I would go Guardian Tank, what changes for the charms? EE or Stat? or can I choose Healer and get better healing gear to use that I currently use @ 55+

Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll