d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Start A Vault Space System Designed For Messages
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Sep 7 2020 04:30pm
TLDR? Vote yes and tell the community why!

Hey. So uh I want more space ><. Its just what I am used to. After writing up this poll I noticed something else cool and interesting though. So lets start with that :santa: Having a vault space for messages means we could secure content on our d2jsp account by an extra layer of security. Not that would really matter to many people of d2jsp.org but heck.. I would certainly find it useful that someone couldn't just come by and check my private pm when I was afk. It happens to people right? Someway or another?

Anyway back to the Vault Space..... Wowwwwwwzers. I will start with a friendly story of how my childhood relates to this today. I hope it relates to you to cause deng I like good stuff and I think this is one of them.

I used to go through some 1000 Text messages by the time school started. By 4th period? Yeah maybe 3-4k. I would type in my pocket and only took a flash to see what was up. Was ezpk. To be honest I was using one of those Apple Computers and Racing the Smartest International Culture student of our grade level in typing speed well before cell phones. I was even writing cursive in kindergarten. so.. All that now relates to the mass amount of messages and content that can be contained in one message. Some of these messages are so rich in detail and content that it would almost be foolish to lose them for good. Some of it is also pretty ugly and I may always want to keep it tied to d2jsp.org ready and available to check over for myself. In the end I just don't want to see stuff from 2 years ago mixed in with all the rest of the fun. I don't want it to take up much needed space I need every day and I want to know its secured and safe on d2jsp.org from everyone else.

So again I am asking for Vault Space designed around storing messages in a discreet and respectable manner. This just seems like something that would create d2jsp.org a safer environment for the variety of users who use this forum across the world. It would also mean a matter of trade and extra incentives to have and use forum gold and not just donate to the site. IE Each level of user could have basic to highest level of Vault space that would go in accordance with their overall registration status on d2jsp.org

I bet a lot of people could use this feature and extra space all day and make good use of everything. I also find it fascinating on how messages could be secured by forum gold password in the event someone is logged in and afk. It would also start a way to log access history and usage by a relative and or or auto service in the event something has gone wrong or does not add up. Again I don't see all of d2jsp.org users needing something like but some of those who are very involved probably have some memories they want to keep storied away and that is it. Please vote yes to maybe make jsp better than it was yesterday. This place is a social network in itself right? So lets have the room to do so and at the same time we can drain the swap and spend the $.

Cheers!

Vote Yes and send a hug emoji or something cool if you agree with something here today. Chime in if you see this helping out other ways. Heck you can even tell me this was a complete fail!

Bless you all for taking a read or voting the best answer for you . Good day!

This post was edited by treezin on Sep 7 2020 04:32pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 7 2020 05:49pm
It's an interesting idea, but why not just archive your messages? If you absolutely need them to be stored discretely, simply disguise the name of the folder with something you will remember but is not easily identified.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=72
Archive Messages
This feature allows you to locally archive specific Private Messages from your various Private Message folders.
1. While in your PM box, you can find the "Archive Messages" feature in the bottom hand section of the window. Clicking it will take you to your Archive Messages page.
2. To archive a Private Messages folder, select the folder you wish to archive from the "Folder:" drop down menu. Then select which file format you wish to archive your messages in from the "Output Format:" drop down menu (.txt .csv .html .xml).
3. Once you have the correct drop down menus selected, click the "Do Archive" button. This will prompt a download through your browser so you can download and save the archived files.
4. You have now successfully archived the Private Messages folder you selected locally on your device.

Regarding the security aspect of your suggestion, you really shouldn't be leaving your jsp open on a computer where your account could be used by someone else and end up compromised. This is literally computers 101. :lol:

Just my 2 cents :blush:
Dec 1 2020 10:40am
Bump
Jan 30 2021 05:17pm
Quote (Phyerox @ 7 Sep 2020 15:49)
It's an interesting idea, but why not just archive your messages? If you absolutely need them to be stored discretely, simply disguise the name of the folder with something you will remember but is not easily identified.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=72

Regarding the security aspect of your suggestion, you really shouldn't be leaving your jsp open on a computer where your account could be used by someone else and end up compromised. This is literally computers 101. :lol:

Just my 2 cents :blush:

Sometimes I don't want to store some information from d2jsp.org on anything besides d2jsp.org. This could be especially useful for people using d2jsp.org from different devices. Some folks also have a nostalgic like experience with private messages on d2jsp.org and simple keep it saved. Adding a vault like system to messages could give users the chance to buy into more user account additions that could do this for them. It could be activated per an account and with a forum gold purchase. IE 5,000 forum gold opens up 5 vaulted messages for eternity. The password to this vault could be the forum gold password.

I used to use passwords but then one day I got tired of typing it in everytime I wanted to use my computer. I also use other systems around the house that automatically turn things on and more when I am nearby. Automation and user friendly systems have made things go faster and with room for more fun. I think having a system in which users can readily store and access private messages without impairing the current msg limit cap have would be something people would appreciate.
Feb 4 2021 02:11am
Bump
Feb 5 2021 03:53am
Bump
Gold: 333.33
Feb 5 2021 10:30am
Archive it

Not useful
Feb 5 2021 01:37pm
Quote (ALBINO_RHINO @ 5 Feb 2021 08:30)
Archive it

Not useful

I think it could be useful for people who need to store a pm such as a service or loan agreement and for a period of time.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Feb 5 2021 01:37pm
Feb 6 2021 02:05pm
Bump
Feb 13 2021 09:36am
Bump
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll