d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Kamala Harris 2021 Thread
Prev12345619Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Aug 11 2020 04:42pm

redditors express their opinions, some have good points

>we are protesting police misconduct and brutality
>lol nominate crooked cop on the ticket
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 11 2020 04:48pm
PHONY KAMALA won't last.

SAD!!!

Quote (IceMage @ Aug 11 2020 05:38pm)
Is the political strategy really to peal off some black voters? We all know whitey doesn't care about the darkies getting locked up, lol.

I think Kamala is going to scare away black men especially. Totally ingenuine compared to Obama.
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 11 2020 04:54pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 11 2020 06:48pm)
PHONY KAMALA won't last.

SAD!!!

I think Kamala is going to scare away black men especially. Totally ingenuine compared to Obama.

Kamala is gonna have the sex with Biden, and after the expected result, she will be president. That's assuming Biden wins, which he won't.

Kamala: Hey Joe. Come over here and sniff me, big boy.

Biden: Ooh, ooh, thump.

This post was edited by Ghot on Aug 11 2020 04:57pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 11 2020 04:54pm
Quote (thundercock @ 12 Aug 2020 00:29)
That's a very weak attack ad. There is some resemblance to Hillary I suppose but not really. Hillary is significantly more talented than Harris.

I dont think Hillary was that much more talented. She was able to run a functioning campaign, unlike Harris, but other than that, I dont see a ton of differences.

Quote (IceMage @ 12 Aug 2020 00:31)
Kamala is a phony, not the lifelong pro-choice Democrat who became a pro-life Republican one election cycle before he ran.

I do think the phony/leftist attack line is much smarter than the criminal justice stuff.

The phony/leftist line of attack is aimed at white swing voters, the criminal justice stuff is aimed at blacks to depress their turnout.

Quote (IceMage @ 12 Aug 2020 00:33)
I don't care what pundits say, Hillary was an impressive candidate. She was weak because of the media environment and voters opinions, not because of any significant flaws. She would've been a solid president.

"Not having any significant flaws" is not enough to qualify as "impressive" when we're talking about a presidential race.

Quote (thundercock @ 12 Aug 2020 00:40)
I mean, elections are popularity contests. Yes, Hillary is extremely talented and would have been a very effective administrator. However, people simply HATE her. I don't think anyone really HATES Kamala. Kamala is actually pretty shit on policy and hasn't impresses me in anyway. However, people don't care about policy so if you combine Biden's strength of empathy with Harris's perceived "passion," you've got a pretty solid ticket.

I have to completely disagree with you here. The problem with Hillary was never that people doubted that she would run an effective administration. Her problem was that a crucial amount of voters feared that she would effectively implement all the policies they hate, while the other half (her own base) was not particularly thrilled by her platform either.

Regarding Kamala: she doesnt have as much of a track record as Hillary, but I think the more people will learn about her, the more her favorables will gravitate toward the absymal Hillary levels.

I also fundamentally disagree with the notion that people dont care about policy. They might not care about minutiae, but the general ideology/vision/policy direction a candidate stands for is super important. Trump would have been olbiterated in 2016 if his base hadnt been digging both his personality and his platform.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 11 2020 04:55pm
Quote (excellence @ Aug 11 2020 06:42pm)
https://media.thedonald.win/post/WVfNZaei.png

redditors express their opinions, some have good points

>we are protesting police misconduct and brutality
>lol nominate crooked cop on the ticket

"jesus christ, its like they want to lose"
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 11 2020 05:02pm
https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1293288826656391168

“In 2011 and again in 2013, Trump donated a total of $6,000 to Harris’ campaign for California attorney general. His daughter, Ivanka, also gave Harris $2,000 in 2014.”

Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 11 2020 05:04pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 11 2020 03:54pm)
I dont think Hillary was that much more talented. She was able to run a functioning campaign, unlike Harris, but other than that, I dont see a ton of differences.

I have to completely disagree with you here. The problem with Hillary was never that people doubted that she would run an effective administration. Her problem was that a crucial amount of voters feared that she would effectively implement all the policies they hate, while the other half (her own base) was not particularly thrilled by her platform either.

Regarding Kamala: she doesnt have as much of a track record as Hillary, but I think the more people will learn about her, the more her favorables will gravitate toward the absymal Hillary levels.

I also fundamentally disagree with the notion that people dont care about policy. They might not care about minutiae, but the general ideology/vision/policy direction a candidate stands for is super important. Trump would have been olbiterated in 2016 if his base hadnt been digging both his personality and his platform.

Oh Hillary is WAY more talented. If she hadn't married Bill, she easily would have ended up on an appellate court or SCOTUS. Hillary went to Yale for her JD. Harris went to fucking Hastings. They aren't even in the same universe. Hillary also REALLY digs into the minutia of things whereas Harris couldn't decide wtf she stood for because she doesn't know the first thing about policy.

I don't think it's possible for Harris to get to Hillary's favorability levels. Hillary was under the microscope for so much longer. Kamala entered national politics in 2016. 4 years vs. 24 years is pretty significant.

Regarding policy, I think there are certainly wedge issues that people care about (guns, abortion, etc.) but no one gives a shit about economic policy, foreign policy, etc. If you can't explain an issue or vision in a single sentence, it's no good.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 11 2020 05:18pm

Those brilliant minds over at The Federalist...
Gold: 22,189.49
Aug 11 2020 05:24pm
Quote (thundercock @ Aug 11 2020 06:04pm)
Oh Hillary is WAY more talented. If she hadn't married Bill, she easily would have ended up on an appellate court or SCOTUS. Hillary went to Yale for her JD. Harris went to fucking Hastings. They aren't even in the same universe. Hillary also REALLY digs into the minutia of things whereas Harris couldn't decide wtf she stood for because she doesn't know the first thing about policy.

I don't think it's possible for Harris to get to Hillary's favorability levels. Hillary was under the microscope for so much longer. Kamala entered national politics in 2016. 4 years vs. 24 years is pretty significant.

Regarding policy, I think there are certainly wedge issues that people care about (guns, abortion, etc.) but no one gives a shit about economic policy, foreign policy, etc. If you can't explain an issue or vision in a single sentence, it's no good.

I saw how Hillary really dug into foreign policy. Is that supposed to be a point in her column?
Gold: 11,571.00
Aug 11 2020 05:30pm
She's much more neutral with people disliking her compared to Hillary on a national stage. I don't think she hurts the ticket near anywhere as much Hillary did in 2016. Personally i slightly dislike her from her answers in the primaries but it's nowhere near the dislike i have for Hillary. Between the pay to play, destabilizing Libya, rhetoric on Russia, Ukraine & Syria i was firmly against what Hillary stood for.

In many respects she is a 'safe' candidate. Maybe Biden campaigns calculus was that he has more to lose in centrist votes versus appearing to shift to the left? I think he made the right choice. Appearing to be close to what we're seeing out of Antifa/BLM is not something most of America agrees with, especially not in those battle ground states.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345619Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll