d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Tenant Uprising
Prev13456710Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,571.00
Aug 11 2020 10:10am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Aug 11 2020 12:04pm)
Funny, your politicians must've missed that memo. Better send them the newsletter.

Republicans: We have to reform SS or the system will run dry in 2035

Democrats: Spend more now balancing spending now doesn't matter our kids can worry about that
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 11 2020 10:13am
Quote (excellence @ Aug 11 2020 10:51am)
yeah residential real estate intended for homeowners (and not large corporations buying buildings and leasing them out) is and will continue to see growth. as cities remain stagnant due to covid-19 (and even with a vaccine it will take years, if ever, to get back aspects of city life that make it so enticing) it really is a better long-term option to pay for a place and fix it up.

then again a lot of these millenials will buy several houses, use their own funds to fix them up, and then rent them to others. and the usual suspects here will call them slumlord landlords :rofl:

and this is isn't a trend that is unique to millenials. the average age millenial is probably close to 30 now, thats give-or-take the time people have started families and decided to shift out of the city life and into a house they own.

in a few years ill be buying a cheap rental property or two. all part of the master plan. then ill be a slumlord too lol.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 11 2020 10:56am)
Who's talking point is that lol?

That's just me giving a macro econ explanation of what's happening and what might happen.

Dude our labor force participation rate is dropping like a rock. Are wages are stagnant. Our currency value is being killed. You have half of the country that thinks we deserve free housing, free healthcare, free fill in the blank which will only further rape productivity because a higher % of our gdp would have to go towards servicing the debt. We've maintained our econ prowess because we develop so much innovation. Higher taxes that need to fund your wish lists kills that. Higher taxes means a greater % of your revenue going to taxes squeezing margins, ultimately squeezing investment. If only some of you were literate on the mechanics of macro econ we'd be infinitely better off. But here i'm talking to someone that thinks government is the reason innovation happens and only if more companies were owned by gov't then it would happen at a similar rate :rofl: .

I'm talking a wholesome look at all of the socialized programs & current demands not just healthcare, where did i single out single payer or is that what you're latching on to hop on my dick? I parrot things from my formal education on the mechanics of money.

perhaps you're just too daft to understand how conversation works in humans. u said the GOP wants to fix institutions like healthcare too, and that the dems will make us venezuala lite. the dems want single payer. so by social elementary level math you dont want single payer AND think single payer makes us venezuala lite.

but im sure you have a healthcare plan to make healthcare bankruptcy not a leading cause of homelessness. since you know, u care about people and aren't just a heartless parrot. :rofl:

its funny that u wrote that whole mess of a post in the first place as if anyone in this sub doesnt fit into 2 categories: 1.) knows void is a selfish uncaring person, 2.) is uncaring themselves and agrees with your selfish wants.

dems ideas are flawed generally, but at least they dont lie to themselves about being caring of others just so they can fluff their bank accounts, theyre hypocrites too just not when it comes to treating down and out people poorly.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 11 2020 10:14am
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 11 2020 10:17am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 11 2020 10:13am)
in a few years ill be buying a cheap rental property or two. all part of the master plan. then ill be a slumlord too lol.

perhaps you're just too daft to understand how conversation works in humans. u said the GOP wants to fix institutions like healthcare, and that the dems will make us venezuala lite. the dems want single payer. so by social elementary level math you dont want single payer AND think single payer makes us venezuala lite.

but im sure you have a healthcare plan to make healthcare bankruptcy not a leading cause of homelessness. since you know, u care about people and aren't just a heartless parrot. :rofl:

its funny that u wrote that whole mess of a post in the first place as if anyone in this sub doesnt fit into 2 categories: 1.) knows void is a selfish uncaring person, 2.) is uncaring themselves and agrees with your selfish wants.

dems ideas are flawed generally, but at least they dont lie to themselves about being caring of others just so they can fluff their bank accounts, theyre hypocrites too just not when it comes to treating down and out people poorly.

I would also like to do that. Or alternatively, own a home and several cabins as short term rentals in a place that has both winter and summer attractions. Ski hill for skiing and mountain biking as well as a lake for summer. - Something like this https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-For-Sale/BC/Kootenay-Rockies/Central-Kootenay/3240-HIGHWAY/88165945.html
Aug 11 2020 10:21am
Quote (SBD @ Aug 11 2020 11:17am)
I would also like to do that. Or alternatively, own a home and several cabins as short term rentals in a place that has both winter and summer attractions. Ski hill for skiing and mountain biking as well as a lake for summer. - Something like this https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-For-Sale/BC/Kootenay-Rockies/Central-Kootenay/3240-HIGHWAY/88165945.html

i want to buy a late 1800s home in town so i can metal detect the yard for rare coins, have a go at historical renovation, then rent it for cash or just flip it. i can handle anything but electrical, so as long as i dodge that i can handle it.
Aug 11 2020 10:23am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 11 2020 12:13pm)

perhaps you're just too daft to understand how conversation works in humans. u said the GOP wants to fix institutions like healthcare too, and that the dems will make us venezuala lite. the dems want single payer. so by social elementary level math you dont want single payer AND think single payer makes us venezuala lite.

Some people look at the world with a lens beyond immediate needs. Some people understand that sacrifices and the principle of scarcity have always been around and funny money to go on Beverly hills shopping lists doesn't make that issue go away, it actually amplifies it in the long term.

A lot of the stuff i'm talking about in the short run wouldn't benefit me much so not sure why you think it's just about being selfish. I don't make a ton of money nor do i have a ton of wealth. Like i said the trends that are happening now are definitely of putting the current wants on the back of future generations, doesn't really matter if you agree or disagree with that fact.
Aug 11 2020 10:29am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 11 2020 11:23am)
Some people look at the world with a lens beyond immediate needs. Some people understand that sacrifices and the principle of scarcity have always been around and funny money to go on Beverly hills shopping lists doesn't make that issue go away, it actually amplifies it in the long term.

A lot of the stuff i'm talking about in the short run wouldn't benefit me much so not sure why you think it's just about being selfish. I don't make a ton of money nor do i have a ton of wealth. Like i said the trends that are happening now are definitely of putting the current wants on the back of future generations, doesn't really matter if you agree or disagree with that fact.

for the first time in human history we have an excess of global food, more than enough resources for all, ample land to live on still, etc. and yet we have idiot talking about scarcity because they've been fooled by 1900s econ books to think small slices of the pie are fine as long as their slice is just a bit bigger than their neighbors.

why pretend to care in one post if you're going to call human beings sacrifices in the next?

free college is a joke, every thing else you oppose tho just makes u a selfish person. if u had even a semi working plan to make the world a better place it would be different, but you're just a status quo nay-saying upjumped immigrant with a new kid so you are in the first time parent selfish stage. let me be clear, we have a marginal overlap on political opinions but i dont think you're a good person.
Aug 11 2020 10:37am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 11 2020 12:29pm)
for the first time in human history we have an excess of global food, more than enough resources for all, ample land to live on still, etc. and yet we have idiot talking about scarcity because they've been fooled by 1900s econ books to think small slices of the pie are fine as long as their slice is just a bit bigger than their neighbors.

why pretend to care in one post if you're going to call human beings sacrifices in the next?

free college is a joke, every thing else you oppose tho just makes u a selfish person. if u had even a semi working plan to make the world a better place it would be different, but you're just a status quo nay-saying upjumped immigrant with a new kid so you are in the first time parent selfish stage. let me be clear, we have a marginal overlap on political opinions but i dont think you're a good person.

:rofl: As if i give a fuck that some random fence sitter too scared to be ideological so he changes his views with popular culture thinks i'm a bad person.

I come from scarcity and have experienced it most of my life. So have many others that have lived outside this continent or the western world in general. We want to preserve the recipe of what allowed this system to get here and moving continually left is not it. Most of you don't get it and don't fight for individualism because you've never experienced what a shit world it is to come from some of these leftists not real communism places.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 11 2020 10:43am
Gold: 260.11
Aug 11 2020 10:37am
Snipa is fucking savage this morning
Aug 11 2020 10:49am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 11 2020 11:37am)
:rofl: As if i give a fuck that some random fence sitter too scared to be ideological so he changes his views with popular culture thinks i'm a bad person.

I come from scarcity and have experienced it most of my life. So have many others that have lived outside this continent or the western world in general. We want to preserve the recipe of what allowed this system to get here and moving continually left is not it. Most of you don't get it and don't fight for individualism because you've never experienced what a shit world it is to come from some of these leftists not real communism places.

i have fairly strong stances on almost all issues, they're just not consistently on one side.

at least you've come to terms with the fact that your parent's battles are dictating your entire world view despite being in an entirely different system, era, and location than they faced. but sure, continue to see boogeymen under every bed. maybe Saint Peter will be sympathetic because u have 2nd generation communism caused PTSD.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 11 2020 10:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 11 2020 10:21am)
i want to buy a late 1800s home in town so i can metal detect the yard for rare coins, have a go at historical renovation, then rent it for cash or just flip it. i can handle anything but electrical, so as long as i dodge that i can handle it.

The home my parents bought was built in the 1770s. 60K purchase. The Acadians were deported and they buried all their belongings. We found all kinds of old real silverware, coins, and other belongings in our yard when we dug up an area for the garage and greenhouse foundations.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456710Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll