d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Boys Season 2
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 2 2020 03:33pm
So.. Is Noir dead? They seemed to put him in a position to die, Maeve was the only one who knew where he was in a building that was evacuated... Plus if he lives it will be an issue for Maeve.
Gold: 8,355.04
Oct 2 2020 04:13pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 2 2020 05:33pm)
So.. Is Noir dead? They seemed to put him in a position to die, Maeve was the only one who knew where he was in a building that was evacuated... Plus if he lives it will be an issue for Maeve.

I was curious about this also. maeve was with the rest of the seven after so it's safe to assume that they didn't know
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 2 2020 04:40pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Oct 2 2020 06:13pm)
I was curious about this also. maeve was with the rest of the seven after so it's safe to assume that they didn't know

Hopefully we get an explanation on how Maeve could somehow smooth things over with Vought after that. Even if Noir had died, there would still be cameras showing what happened.

And there's almost no way he is dead ... killing him off in such a subtle way seems unlikely. If the camera cuts away before we clearly see a lifeless body, then it usually means they aren't dead.
Banned
Gold: 0.14
Oct 2 2020 05:49pm
I think the next episode is the last one. They might show who’s poppin heads.
Oct 3 2020 02:44am
Stormfront dies next week. Here's my reasoning:

1) Ep6 showed us that a supe can be hurt by their own power (acid guy on his own face). Ep7 reminded us of that again with Lamplighter, ensuring we know. Ep6 told us that Starlight's power is fueled by electricity she draws from her surroundings. Stormfront generates a massive amount of electricity. The pieces fit together perfectly.It also provides callbacks to previous dialogue.

-When Starlight told Butcher that she needs electricity nearby, Butcher said "kind of a shitty power then ain't it". When Butcher sees her reflect back at Stormfront, he will eat his words. The increases her credibility with him and continues the progression of their relationship.
-When Starlight was in Stormfront's trailer, Stormfront said "You will be very useful". Ironically, her Stormfront will be the victim of that usefulness
-Ep7 Stormront says that Ryan will "still have a mom" if he leaves Becca. Her death will make this untrue, leaving the situation with Ryan just as complicated as before.

2) If Stormfront were to stay alive, it would kinda pigeon hole the show into going further down the rabbit hole of that Nazi subplot. That angle is so compelling, it would overshadow what the show is really about (The Boys)

This post was edited by Kayeto on Oct 3 2020 02:49am
Oct 3 2020 05:57pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 3 Oct 2020 02:44)
Stormfront dies next week. Here's my reasoning:

1) Ep6 showed us that a supe can be hurt by their own power (acid guy on his own face). Ep7 reminded us of that again with Lamplighter, ensuring we know. Ep6 told us that Starlight's power is fueled by electricity she draws from her surroundings. Stormfront generates a massive amount of electricity. The pieces fit together perfectly.It also provides callbacks to previous dialogue.

-When Starlight told Butcher that she needs electricity nearby, Butcher said "kind of a shitty power then ain't it". When Butcher sees her reflect back at Stormfront, he will eat his words. The increases her credibility with him and continues the progression of their relationship.
-When Starlight was in Stormfront's trailer, Stormfront said "You will be very useful". Ironically, her Stormfront will be the victim of that usefulness
-Ep7 Stormront says that Ryan will "still have a mom" if he leaves Becca. Her death will make this untrue, leaving the situation with Ryan just as complicated as before.

2) If Stormfront were to stay alive, it would kinda pigeon hole the show into going further down the rabbit hole of that Nazi subplot. That angle is so compelling, it would overshadow what the show is really about (The Boys)

Star definitely seems like a really good candidate to help take out storm, but I'm not sure it will happen so soon, would feel like all the set up figuring out she is Liberty would kind of be wasted if she died without any of that being used in any way
Oct 4 2020 05:35pm
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "a pure villain with no angle to empathize with whatsoever" and 10 being a total saint, where would you rank Homelander given the information the show has presented us thus far?

I've read impressions that seem to paint him as a clear villain with no redeemable qualities. But to me, he seems to be quite close to the middle. I think that the decisions he makes are very consistent with how he was brought up. He's mainly a product of his environment, just like anyone else in the world. I empathize with him a lot.
Gold: 8,355.04
Oct 4 2020 06:12pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 4 2020 07:35pm)
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "a pure villain with no angle to empathize with whatsoever" and 10 being a total saint, where would you rank Homelander given the information the show has presented us thus far?

I've read impressions that seem to paint him as a clear villain with no redeemable qualities. But to me, he seems to be quite close to the middle. I think that the decisions he makes are very consistent with how he was brought up. He's mainly a product of his environment, just like anyone else in the world. I empathize with him a lot.

I’d say a 3 or 4
Oct 4 2020 08:34pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 4 Oct 2020 17:35)

Idk I'd probably say 2-3. I agree that he is a product of his up bringing. But he is also really narcissistic and also he basically has absolute power. He is so far detached from the average person it's basically impossible to reflect empathy from him. Yes it's sad he was brought up so poorly, but he had already been molded, I don't see any redeeming values in him and tbh I think it will be pretty garbage writing if they do give him a redemption arc, as they're had basically been zero indications of internal conflict in regards to how he treats people.
Gold: 23.00
Oct 4 2020 08:43pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 4 2020 07:35pm)

Around 2-3.

Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll