d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Minn. Police Arrest Cnn's Black Reporter Live
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
May 30 2020 04:12am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 29 May 2020 16:06)
This definitely warranted a whole new thread

you can bump the " You Ain't Black" topic if you feel injustice.
Gold: 1.93
May 30 2020 04:52am
Quote (GLYC123 @ May 30 2020 02:07am)
You kind of inferred it. If race wasn't important why would you mention it? They arrested the white film crew too. But yet you solely say "black reporter". Lol. Im not saying I agree with the arrest either or not. I'm also seeing a very limited time clip of it. Apparently they were pretty quickly released.

Incorrect, the white film crew was not arrested.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 30 2020 05:27am
Degenerate + triiger

https://twitter.com/i/status/1266552367354392580

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 30 2020 05:27am
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2020 12:19pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 30 2020 05:52am)
Incorrect, the white film crew was not arrested.

Yes they were. Did you notice that they are literally the last people left on that street? Something tells me they were told to get the hell out several times, as everybody else left. They are the last people on a chokepoint of two groups of law enforcement officers.

Being a reporter doesn't mean you can defy law enforcement orders.
Much like being a police officer doesn't mean you can defy basic humanity rights to a citizen.

"Police say CNN crew refused to move
State troopers detained Jimenez, producer Bill Kirkos and photojournalist Leonel Mendez shortly after 5 a.m. CT (6 a.m. ET) as Jimenez was reporting live from a street south of downtown, near where a police precinct building was earlier set ablaze."

It later says all 3 were arrested and released.

That's from CNN itself.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on May 30 2020 12:24pm
Gold: 1.93
May 30 2020 01:22pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ May 31 2020 04:19am)
Yes they were. Did you notice that they are literally the last people left on that street? Something tells me they were told to get the hell out several times, as everybody else left. They are the last people on a chokepoint of two groups of law enforcement officers.

Being a reporter doesn't mean you can defy law enforcement orders.
Much like being a police officer doesn't mean you can defy basic humanity rights to a citizen.

"Police say CNN crew refused to move
State troopers detained Jimenez, producer Bill Kirkos and photojournalist Leonel Mendez shortly after 5 a.m. CT (6 a.m. ET) as Jimenez was reporting live from a street south of downtown, near where a police precinct building was earlier set ablaze."

It later says all 3 were arrested and released.

That's from CNN itself.

They spend 15 minutes of the live broadcast asking where to move to and it's all on tape.
Reporters were in every major war in human history and no one needed to arrest them.
Gold: 40,847.70
May 30 2020 02:23pm
Quote (excellence @ May 29 2020 04:22pm)
shut up fender

reported, btw

Good post my friend! Always nice to see you!
May 30 2020 07:39pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 30 2020 02:22pm)
They spend 15 minutes of the live broadcast asking where to move to and it's all on tape.
Reporters were in every major war in human history and no one needed to arrest them.

No, you are literally the final people in a choke point as law enforcement is narrowing together to move out all protestors on a night that LEO's were shot at and their city was in flames. They pushed it completely. .

You can record protests, however, you are not the exception to rules. It's obvious when law enforcement officers tell people to leave that you need to get out. Two groups are coming together of police officers, they're maybe 20 yards apart and you're the last ones left. Use some common sense CNN and stop trying to insinuate rage culture.

The irony in the police defending that CNN building from being destroyed by protestors. The same media that does anything to demonize police and endanger their lives by twisting stories and creating false narratives (Michael Brown, Alton Sterling and more). And yes, I know it's their duty to do that and they need to do that.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on May 30 2020 07:46pm
Gold: 260.11
May 30 2020 07:45pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ May 30 2020 08:39pm)
No, you are literally the final people in a choke point as law enforcement is narrowing together to move out all protestors on a night that LEO's were shot at and their city was in flames. They pushed it completely. .

You can record protests, however, you are not the exception to rules. It's obvious when law enforcement officers tell people to leave that you need to get out. Two groups are coming together of police officers, they're maybe 20 yards apart and you're the last ones left. Use some common sense CNN and stop trying to insinuate rage culture.

The irony in the police defending that CNN building from being destroyed by protestors. The same media that does anything to demonize police and endanger their lives by twisting stories and creating false narratives (Michael Brown, Alton Sterling and more).

It's not ironic at all. The police are there to do a job and that includes keeping the public safe. You don't stop doing your job because you don't like what the people said to you. They have the right to say it and it's your job to protect their right to say it. For you to say what you just did while you piss and moan about conservatives getting censored is just the height of irony.
May 30 2020 07:47pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 30 2020 08:45pm)
It's not ironic at all. The police are there to do a job and that includes keeping the public safe. You don't stop doing your job because you don't like what the people said to you. They have the right to say it and it's your job to protect their right to say it. For you to say what you just did while you piss and moan about conservatives getting censored is just the height of irony.

I'm well aware it's their duty. I never said it wasn't. I said it's ironic that they are doing it, not that they shouldn't. Also, I never said I was complaining "conservatives getting censored".

I'm pissed that they directly put law enforcement in danger through their actions and through false statements and narratives. It's extremely wrong. That's not "censorship". If Law Enforcement wasn't a public service, they would be sued for defamation. And rightfully so.

In fact, in the moment I typed my original comment, I saw your name on this thread and knew you would say something like this. Notice the edit on my list you quoted and timestamp on the same minute. "And yes, I know it's their duty to do that and they need to do that."

This post was edited by GLYC123 on May 30 2020 08:08pm
Gold: 10,655.00
May 31 2020 07:07am
Quote (PowerTripped @ May 29 2020 11:33am)
At the end he says he was trying to get out of the intersection. They had already told them on the broadcast to move. He’s between them and protesters. Then some action takes place after and now he’s in danger cause he didn’t listen to the commands. You’re not going to get that from a cnn clip of the event. On the live broadcast you heard it and they never acknowledged and it wasn’t edited out cause it seemed irrelevant at the time. Passes the 5 second window be cut out. Next thing you know the above happens then he’s ready to listen and move but it’s to late. The reporters comments and actions let you know this as well had you see the start of the broadcast. The same camera also keeps rolling an hour while their detained cause they had no idea where the camera is. And you hear then the discussion between the arresting officer and reporter.

THIS

More typical CNN... only start taping when it looks GOOD for the story CNN is trying to sell. :/

I'm honestly sitting here wondering if I would be upset if rioters burned CNN, Atlanta, to the ground. ^^
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll