d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Twitter Fact Checks Donald Trump > Where Do You Stand?
Prev14567820Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
May 27 2020 08:15am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 27 2020 10:13am)
i want twitter to be a wild west that spirals into such a shithole of censorship that users realize its not a worthwhile platform to use. people see fact checking as the slippery slope, yet call for govt regulation which is a far more steep grade. its bringing an m60 to a knife fight.

i hope in the next few years that it gets so bad there's a mass exodus, Jack loses billions, communities of smaller platforms arise, etc. or better yet a model like reddit, where its all under one roof but pockets of insulated communities. places for leftist shit posting, right shit posting, and middle grounds for battle of ideas. run by unpaid moderators who are subject to criticism from their own community and pockets are allowed to rise, stagnate, or die as the users choose through their free will of expressing ideas.

Twitter is a blight on the human race, u dont cure blight by plucking affected plants, you burn the forrest down.

This wont happen. Twitter sues its competitors and buys them out. Its happened several times already.

Twitter needs a spear through the gut from the supreme court. Some epic monopoly shit where you make three sub companies.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on May 27 2020 08:15am
Gold: 10,655.00
May 27 2020 08:16am

Gold: 2,489.69
May 27 2020 08:17am
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 27 2020 09:15am)
This wont happen. Twitter sues its competitors and buys them out. Its happened several times already.

they can only sue companies similar enough to them that i'd want them burned down too. reddit is a far better model, not that it's without faults too.

the truth is twitter is nicotine, people know they want to quit it, they know there are less appealing options, but its always "tomorrow".
Gold: 285.00
May 27 2020 08:18am
Quote (Ghot @ May 27 2020 10:16am)

GOP making excuses in advance, Sad!

Quote (thesnipa @ May 27 2020 10:17am)
they can only sue companies similar enough to them that i'd want them burned down too. reddit is a far better model, not that it's without faults too.

the truth is twitter is nicotine, people know they want to quit it, they know there are less appealing options, but its always "tomorrow".

D2jsp is all the social media i do.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 27 2020 08:21am
Gold: 119,903.34
May 27 2020 08:20am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 27 2020 10:13am)
i want twitter to be a wild west that spirals into such a shithole of censorship that users realize its not a worthwhile platform to use. people see fact checking as the slippery slope, yet call for govt regulation which is a far more steep grade. its bringing an m60 to a knife fight.

i hope in the next few years that it gets so bad there's a mass exodus, Jack loses billions, communities of smaller platforms arise, etc. or better yet a model like reddit, where its all under one roof but pockets of insulated communities. places for leftist shit posting, right shit posting, and middle grounds for battle of ideas. run by unpaid moderators who are subject to criticism from their own community and pockets are allowed to rise, stagnate, or die as the users choose through their free will of expressing ideas.

Twitter is a blight on the human race, u dont cure blight by plucking affected plants, you burn the forrest down.

The masses are all going to flock to specific things. It's no different than metas in video games to be honest. And when you have these giant tech companies with essentially infinite money , they will buy up the competition that comes because why are you going to say no to hundreds of millions.
Gold: 6,376.70
May 27 2020 08:21am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 27 2020 07:13am)

4chan was the cure to Reddit was the cure to Twitter was the cure to Facebook was the cure to Myspace.

No matter which way you go with it, the moment they start censoring speech, they're no longer a platform, and are now a publisher, and should be regulated like one.

I'm not pushing for them to be regulated even. I'm pushing for them to be fined right into bankruptcy if they cannot hold to the standard that grants them immunity from responsibility for what goes on on their platform. :)
Gold: 285.00
May 27 2020 08:22am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 27 2020 10:21am)
4chan was the cure to Reddit was the cure to Twitter was the cure to Facebook was the cure to Myspace.

No matter which way you go with it, the moment they start censoring speech, they're no longer a platform, and are now a publisher, and should be regulated like one.

I'm not pushing for them to be regulated even. I'm pushing for them to be fined right into bankruptcy if they cannot hold to the standard that grants them immunity from responsibility for what goes on on their platform. :)

They just added a feature to their service. think of it as a widget. It can be explained as a function like having the time of the post for example. Or a location. Or this stupid replied to notification njaguar added.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 27 2020 08:23am
Gold: 260.11
May 27 2020 08:23am
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 27 2020 08:07am)
Explain it to me like i'm 5 years old how someone can fact check a future event, one that hasn't happened yet and deem it false.

This has to be the dumbest argument I've seen you make, and thats a hard one to beat
Gold: 6,376.70
Quote (Skinned @ May 27 2020 07:22am)
They just added a feature to their service. think of it as a widget. It can be explained as a function like having the time of the post for example. Or a location. Or this stupid replied to notification njaguar added.

Having twitter's opinion added to every post that they don't like is not a "feature".
Gold: 2,489.69
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ May 27 2020 09:20am)
The masses are all going to flock to specific things. It's no different than metas in video games to be honest. And when you have these giant tech companies with essentially infinite money , they will buy up the competition that comes because why are you going to say no to hundreds of millions.

i know im beating a dead horse here with reddit but its far more future proof and imo already too big for twitter to bother buying, mainly because its adjacent and not a competitor. forum style peer regulated communication is far better than social media with AI and biased regulation. let Grandma post her gardening pics in /r/gardening and her terrible facebook memes in /r/conservative, insulate ideas where people either agree or at worst are seeking out disagreement. when we mash ideas together based on nothing but common people we all know or schools we attend or w/e its a mess. i dont need or want to know my childhood friend's mom's opinions on Obama. no one does.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567820Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll