d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Re-draft: 15th Overall Pick
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 345.69
May 21 2020 10:04pm
Quote (Queefy @ 21 May 2020 19:10)
accurate

217. breadman

^_^
Gold: 4.00
May 22 2020 02:53am
Quote (Bruin @ 21 May 2020 23:21)
i'm still voting breadman

1 team wins per year

drafting based on what might happen in 5-10 is not smart and teams using that mentality would more likely to lose out on any chance to win

right now marchand and kane are two of the biggest scorers and role players in the league, they're either cup winner/final regulars and yet no one sees worth in that

they got more votes for top 5 than they did after... makes no sense really

eichel goes early and hes not even close to being that caliber of player, players like mcdavid and drai have elevated their team whereas buffalo still blows

not to mention he has 1g in his last five during march play lol hes a scrub

This is not fantasy hockey where you pick based on pts. In real life franchise 1C > any winger.
Gold: 8,732.50
May 22 2020 03:13am
Quote (Rocko @ 22 May 2020 01:53)
This is not fantasy hockey where you pick based on pts. In real life franchise 1C > any winger.

Nah bruins is right,

Here's a irl proof example, McDavid and drais failed to make the playoffs last season despite both putting up 100pts+ and being franchise centers huehuehue

Team doesn't need 6 franchise centers in the top 10 pick, with no other Gm competing for your picks either loool

Gold: 0.90
May 22 2020 06:18am
Quote (Twax @ 21 May 2020 16:50)
Couple of players you can add next : Point, Svechninov, Laine, Connor, Tkachuk, Heiskanen

Yes, Brady should be top 5

This post was edited by Meatstick on May 22 2020 06:19am
May 22 2020 07:06am
While everyone else takes young promising unproven players, I’ll take some vets who are literally the top players in the game rn and win

Remember it’s 31 teams 1 cup, the mean number of times a team can expect to win is 1 in 31 years, 32 after Seattle joins

There’s plenty of teams that would chase even 1 cup win right now

Playoff scoring is not saturated with under 25s

Of course young skilled guys are worth a lot, Ive never said I doubt that. Pasta is a god, but RoR still had a better playoff than he did last year and won the cup

Quote (Rocko @ 22 May 2020 02:53)

I never disputed that, however not every team gets the mcdavids and ahos

Sometimes you just have to ‘settle’ for a Patrice Bergeron or a Ryan OReilly or maybe a Backstrom or maybe a Couture, later in the draft, how terrible

Not following the herd on this one
Gold: 17,801.00
May 22 2020 08:03am
Quote (Secksii @ May 22 2020 02:13am)
Nah bruins is right,

Here's a irl proof example, McDavid and drais failed to make the playoffs last season despite both putting up 100pts+ and being franchise centers huehuehue

Team doesn't need 6 franchise centers in the top 10 pick, with no other Gm competing for your picks either loool

That is another variable I did not even give thought to with these picks.

I was picking the best player at the overall selection, not trying to build a team that was in sync positionally.

If you are building a team with the picks and it was a fantasy draft style (like building an nhl20 team via draft for example) you are not going to just keep picking centers.

You are right. After the group of true elite centers are gone there is going to be a glut of pretty good/high end centers available but there will be far less wingers of high calibre available so that would give them more value.

May 22 2020 01:08pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 22 May 2020 08:03)
That is another variable I did not even give thought to with these picks.

I was picking the best player at the overall selection, not trying to build a team that was in sync positionally.

If you are building a team with the picks and it was a fantasy draft style (like building an nhl20 team via draft for example) you are not going to just keep picking centers.

You are right. After the group of true elite centers are gone there is going to be a glut of pretty good/high end centers available but there will be far less wingers of high calibre available so that would give them more value.

Yep, what's wrong with taking a god winger?

Kane has been #2 scoring in the NHL for the last 5 years, yet he'll get voted out by lesser players

Guy can drastically affect the game and has proven to be a playoff finisher

What down side is there? He's old? Ok tell that to his +24 pts above his next team mate and +38 pts over his 3rd highest scoring team mate [btw the hawks roster is flaming dogshit]

Marchand is a 100pt scorer, top 4 in scoring in the last 5 years [+104 rating which is the 2nd highest in the league after Hedman], absolute headache to play against and god mode PK, god mode PP, vast majority of NHLers asked if they'd want him on their team they say absolutely yes, his own team mates drool over his skill, but yea Eichel is a better choice cuz hes a young center :wallbash:

This post was edited by Bruin on May 22 2020 01:11pm
Gold: 17,801.00
May 22 2020 05:49pm
Quote (Bruin @ May 22 2020 12:08pm)
Yep, what's wrong with taking a god winger?

Kane has been #2 scoring in the NHL for the last 5 years, yet he'll get voted out by lesser players

Guy can drastically affect the game and has proven to be a playoff finisher

What down side is there? He's old? Ok tell that to his +24 pts above his next team mate and +38 pts over his 3rd highest scoring team mate [btw the hawks roster is flaming dogshit]

Marchand is a 100pt scorer, top 4 in scoring in the last 5 years [+104 rating which is the 2nd highest in the league after Hedman], absolute headache to play against and god mode PK, god mode PP, vast majority of NHLers asked if they'd want him on their team they say absolutely yes, his own team mates drool over his skill, but yea Eichel is a better choice cuz hes a young center :wallbash:

If Marchand and Kane showed the skill they had while being Eichels age they would blow him out of the water.

Age is just something you can not ignore. With the game constantly getting younger/faster you are seeing players peek at younger ages and begin to peter off (usually) in early 30's or even 29/30. There are exceptions but as a generalization you are going to have a player with significantly diminished ability

from say age 31 to 35. In a four year span odds are you will not have close to the same player anymore. With the guys in their early 20's you have a player who is great at the moment, and will (most likely) be as good, or even better in 4-5 years.

If you are building a team to win now at all costs of course you want guys like Marchand and Kane. They are proven winners and are still elite players at this point in time. It all depends on what you are going for.

For me I just picked best player within a 5-6 year time frame and did not pick positionally.
May 22 2020 08:59pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 22 May 2020 17:49)
If Marchand and Kane showed the skill they had while being Eichels age they would blow him out of the water.

Age is just something you can not ignore. With the game constantly getting younger/faster you are seeing players peek at younger ages and begin to peter off (usually) in early 30's or even 29/30. There are exceptions but as a generalization you are going to have a player with significantly diminished ability

from say age 31 to 35. In a four year span odds are you will not have close to the same player anymore. With the guys in their early 20's you have a player who is great at the moment, and will (most likely) be as good, or even better in 4-5 years.

If you are building a team to win now at all costs of course you want guys like Marchand and Kane. They are proven winners and are still elite players at this point in time. It all depends on what you are going for.

For me I just picked best player within a 5-6 year time frame and did not pick positionally.

Fair enough.

scary to bank on 5-6 yrs from now though

a lot can happen
Gold: 8,732.50
May 22 2020 10:04pm
Quote (Bruin @ 22 May 2020 19:59)
Fair enough.

scary to bank on 5-6 yrs from now though

a lot can happen

u get 5 cups, he gets a chance at 1 in 6 yrs huehue

This post was edited by Secksii on May 22 2020 10:04pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List