d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > States Re-opening Rip
Prev12345647Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,479.31
May 6 2020 09:20am
Quote (SaF7 @ May 6 2020 11:07am)
đź‘Ť

What I’m saying is that your solution is not a solution, but people are touting it like it’s simply the only thing that makes sense. But it’s not, it’s just as terrible an idea as any other. There are holes in every idea. There is no way forward without some cost, either with some lives now, or at the cost of small businesses/economy/some people’s livelihood, which could lead to loss of life and certainly loss of quality of life later.

The “very small minority”, as you put it, would cease to be a small minority if we fully reopen the economy to that demographic now.

“Herd immunity” may or may not even be a thing, given that Coronaviruses are notorious for mutating quickly and producing multiple strains. There is no guarantee that if you contract COVID-19 now you will be “immune” to a similarly dangerous or even more dangerous strain of it later. That coupled with what I already mentioned about the mortality rate being a shortsighted way of viewing the fallout from this pandemic.

Our best hope of combatting the virus is to limit the spread as much as possible, prevent a massive strain on our healthcare system, and hope for a vaccine as soon as possible, which is the idea behind the nationwide stay at home orders. Obviously this has a negative impact on the economy, but like I said there is no way forward without some cost. Our country’s leaders have to weigh which cost will be less. I would hate to be in their shoes right now.

This post was edited by WrathOfGod1337 on May 6 2020 09:22am
Gold: 3,100.00
May 6 2020 11:14am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ May 6 2020 07:20am)
What I’m saying is that your solution is not a solution, but people are touting it like it’s simply the only thing that makes sense. But it’s not, it’s just as terrible an idea as any other. There are holes in every idea. There is no way forward without some cost, either with some lives now, or at the cost of small businesses/economy/some people’s livelihood, which could lead to loss of life and certainly loss of quality of life later.

The “very small minority”, as you put it, would cease to be a small minority if we fully reopen the economy to that demographic now.

“Herd immunity” may or may not even be a thing, given that Coronaviruses are notorious for mutating quickly and producing multiple strains. There is no guarantee that if you contract COVID-19 now you will be “immune” to a similarly dangerous or even more dangerous strain of it later. That coupled with what I already mentioned about the mortality rate being a shortsighted way of viewing the fallout from this pandemic.

Our best hope of combatting the virus is to limit the spread as much as possible, prevent a massive strain on our healthcare system, and hope for a vaccine as soon as possible, which is the idea behind the nationwide stay at home orders. Obviously this has a negative impact on the economy, but like I said there is no way forward without some cost. Our country’s leaders have to weigh which cost will be less. I would hate to be in their shoes right now.

Considering most americans live paycheck to paycheck and they lack even 1000$ saved in their savings.
How long will it be before basic needs of food and water are going unmet? I Answer.
My Uncle and I are paying all the bills(rent/mortgage/electricity/water/sewer/garbage) for our family members in may.
There is ZERO chance we have the ability to do that next month.

All this lockdown is doing is highlighting the differences between rich and poor people.
The powers that be needed time as to not overwhelm the health care system. Fine I agree with that.
But they've been given that time and it's now time to open up.
Be it next week, next month or next year. Covid19 and it's mutated strains will kill people.
There is no way to stop it. We could be on lockdown with the army waving guns around at people who venture outside. And still people would die due to lack of food and water.

They've had a month+ to get ready for whats coming. Make no mistake it's STILL coming. Nothing will stop it.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on May 6 2020 11:28am
Gold: 2,107.00
May 6 2020 11:20am
Quote (wheniwassevenishotacheetah @ May 5 2020 05:48pm)
Are you sure that it's the reports that are stupid, and not your interpretation of them? The increase is important to note, as from it we can infer irresponsible haste in reopening.

That said, bring on those cheap old people houses.

Yes it’s the reports.

Effects from reopening won’t be known for another week and a half to two weeks

Number reported today are from cases two weeks ago.

Gold: 375.50
May 6 2020 11:21am
Quote (HydroPK @ May 5 2020 02:13pm)
huge spikes in Georgia, and Texas i know

Fl open yesterday and baaaang we broke record covid deaths. 113 in 1 day but here we are acting as if its better than a month ago :bonk:

Won't be long till we're all quarantined again. For even longer

Same in wisconsin as ppl protesting to open
Gold: 0.00
May 6 2020 01:06pm
In this surf fishing group on FB they posted an article talking about how some things still won't be allowed, etc.

So naturally, the old dudes start saying shit and crying.

Well, i posted this GIF and got the absolute best response ever LOL.

But hold up, they aren't even skinny jeans. They're just tapered at the bottom. Fucking old people :rofl:
Gold: 79,366.46
May 6 2020 01:23pm
Quote (Sixers @ May 6 2020 03:06pm)
In this surf fishing group on FB they posted an article talking about how some things still won't be allowed, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/cfHAIzL.png

But hold up, they aren't even skinny jeans. They're just tapered at the bottom. Fucking old people :rofl:

That was actually pretty good. I bet this upset individual is the type to go around calling people snowflakes too, oblivious to the irony.
Gold: 15.80
May 6 2020 01:34pm
Quote (Sixers @ May 6 2020 12:06pm)

https://i.imgur.com/cfHAIzL.png

Lmaooo
May 6 2020 01:39pm
Quote (Terps @ May 6 2020 03:23pm)
That was actually pretty good. I bet this upset individual is the type to go around calling people snowflakes too, oblivious to the irony.

Think of a white 52 year old Trump supporter from West Virginia, that's the description this guy fits.
May 6 2020 02:38pm
Quote (Sixers @ May 6 2020 02:39pm)
Think of a white 52 year old Trump supporter from West Virginia, that's the description this guy fits.

lmao
Gold: 22,821.00
May 6 2020 03:06pm
Quote (Sixers @ May 6 2020 12:39pm)

Sherrif want me to hold him down?
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12345647Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll