d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Final Fantasy Series > My Fft : Wotl Playthrough
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 42,615.69
Trader: Trusted
Apr 14 2020 08:57pm
##################################THERE ARE SPOILERS POSTED BELOW. IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS PLEASE DO NOT SCROLL DOWN########################################################

I've played the original for PSX, and WOTL for PSP. Redownloaded it for my PC, so I'm now playing the game again. However, I've played and beaten the game over 10 times, so I wanted to take a different approach to see if I could make it more challenging.

For this Playthrough I'll be playing it Fire Emblem Style meaning that these are the follow contingencies I must adhere to.

Specific Gameplay Rules
- No Phoenix Downs, White Mage Revives, or any other skills/items that enable angel.
- Once a unit disappears into a crystal/chest that unit is gone forever.
- In order to change classes, that unit must master their current class (starting with Squire/Chemist).

Achievements
- Complete Chapter 1 with all chars level 15 ✔️
- Complete Chapter 1 with 2 classes Mastered on at least 2 characters ✔️
- Complete Chapter 2 with all chars Level 35
- Complete Chapter 2 with 3 classes Mastered on my Main 5 characters
- Recruit Mustadio
- Recruit Agrias
- Recruit Balthier
- Recruit Beowulf
- Recruit Cloud
- Recruit Construct 8
- Recruit Reis (Dragon/Human form)
- Recruit Byblos and complete all levels of Midlight's Deep
- Have 2 Units Become Dark Knights
- Have Ramza master all Classes

Known Party Members
MrMoo The Black Mage
BlindZf The Dragoon
SirJime The Dragoon
Icecool The Samurai
Shitwynd The Black Mage

Final Blows
MasterMoo - 77 // First to 50 Kills // Downed Gafgarrion (1st time) //
BlindZf - 52 // Downed Wiegraf // Down Gafgarrion (2nd time)
SirJime - 69 // Slain Argath
Icecool - 65
Shitwind - 41
PatrickStar - 1
Baconman - 1

Falls
Icecool - 3
Shitwind - 4
MasterMoo - 2
BlindZf - 2

Deaths

Random Battles Successfully Completed

Let's get to it, I'll try to keep it short and to the point. I'll be keep stats on final blows per character. Disregard the names, they're mostly staff members :lol: but if you'd like me to recruit you, feel free to post or PM and I will get as many of you as I can (assuming I have the funds) until I run out of room, or a unit dies and needs a replacement.

Already completed the opening battle, and the battle at Gariland since they're all the same. Looks like I accidentally saved Argath too when I started the other night. Nothing exciting happened!

Current Map

I was going to do 1 or 2 random battles before going to Eagrose Castle, but I must have moved from Gariland to Mandalia plains 10 times and it never happened.

Know your trash, place!

Literally no one cares m8

Skipped the rest of the Castle Guarding banter, and here we are. Going to attempt to do another few Mandalia Plain Random encounters before moving ahead in the story.

MAP

First Random Encounter. Only 3 monsters. 600 Gil was the Reward. Was ofc incredibly Easy.

Second Random Encounter (2 chocobos, 1 red Panther, and 2x Goblins). Had our first fall here, but was able to complete the level w/o the unit disappearing. 1k Gil tho was nais

3rd Random encounter was 2x red Panthers, 1x Chocobo, and a Goblin. No falls, was pretty easy since the AI will come to you. It's easy to leave your units in groups and surround them as best you can. Also, having a chemist helps ^_^

Rather than taking individual screenshots and putting everything together to avoid clutter, I'll post the skills learned below.

Ramza/Thief -- Current Class Tree

MasterMoo/Black Mage -- Current Class Tree

Shitwynd/Black Mage -- Current Class Tree

Icecool/Monk -- Current Class Tree

SirJime/Archer -- Current Class Tree

Current Party Layout

This post was edited by Holy-Martyr on May 15 2020 06:33pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3.02
Apr 14 2020 09:27pm
Trying so hard to be like me, you name your party leader after me!
Gold: 3,618.00
Apr 14 2020 09:29pm
glhf

ily
Gold: 56.30
Apr 19 2020 10:49pm
Tracking this :) gl!! Great game!
Apr 20 2020 02:39pm
Quote (bodierox @ 19 Apr 2020 23:49)
Tracking this :) gl!! Great game!

Couldnt edit :/
How you get this on PC? Is it on Steam or something?
Apr 20 2020 02:41pm
Quote (bodierox @ Apr 20 2020 03:39pm)
Couldnt edit :/
How you get this on PC? Is it on Steam or something?

I have the Android port and i just play it through Bluestacks.
Apr 20 2020 02:49pm
Quote (Holy-Martyr @ 20 Apr 2020 15:41)
I have the Android port and i just play it through Bluestacks.

nice, I will have to look into that :)
Apr 21 2020 10:21am
Further updates. Added a new chemist.

EzPz, onto Dorter.

Breezed through The Siege Wield/Dorter pretty easily. With Argath/Delita being meat shields it was pretty easy to take heat off of the rest of my party.

Current Map

BlindZF and MasterMoo are both Master Squires. Unfortunately They're not level 8 :( . Can't change classes!

This post was edited by Holy-Martyr on Apr 21 2020 10:55am
Apr 21 2020 04:15pm
Had a lot of issues with the Sand Desert. My game kept crashing 2-3 turns into it. Had to replay the fight 4 times before I finally was able to finish it without issues.

It's moments like these I wish I had a Black Mage.

Ezpz lemon Squeezy

A super pivotal event imo. They Kidnapped the Marquis for ransom against Wiegraf's orders. He's not a happy man, therefore he kills Gustav and in exchange for his freedom he allows you to return the Marquis back to Eagrose castle.

Apr 23 2020 10:44am
After the Desert, current Map.

I forgot to take Screenies of the Theive's Den and the first battle with Wiegraf's sister. Which ultimately leads to the kidnapping of Delita's sister, Tietra.

Bigotry is not tolerated in this party!

I was streaming for some M8s so I forgot to take screenshots during the 2nd battle. Was ezpz. Party is coming together well, but ofc I have to play it smart. Wiegraf will be the hardest challenge. Current map.

will most likely level to 14-15 before progressing to Wiegraf. Need MasterMoo to learn tier 2 magic.
Go Back To Final Fantasy Series Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll