d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Tulsi Dropped > Thoughts
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 23 2020 11:36pm
Quote (Testiclese @ 24 Mar 2020 04:42)
I know you're talking about Trump and Biden, but which one is which in this example?

good question. game show host is the only one that doesn't apply to both of them i guess, so that is trump.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 24 2020 05:44pm
^thundercock

Quote (fender @ 23 Mar 2020 20:53)
1. biden is everything BUT straight on his iraq vote. his justifications and excuses are not just constantly 'evolving', but also completely contradicted by facts, for which there is plenty of evidence. some examples: he now claims that he was 'mislead' by bush, and didn't actually believe saddam to have WMDs, but that is a LIE. in 2002, he passionately promoted the war on the floor of the senate, suggesting that saddam has WMDs: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CREC-2002-10-10/html/CREC-2002-10-10-pt1-PgS10233-7.htm

biden also claimed multiple times that he opposed the war even before it began, which is also a demonstrable LIE. from a speech nine months INTO the war:

“Nine months ago, I voted with my colleagues to give the president of the United States of America the authority to use force, and I would vote that way again today. It was the right vote then and it would be a correct vote today
[...]
Contrary to what some in my party might think, Iraq was a problem that had to be dealt with sooner, rather than later. So I commend the president.”

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/20030731.pdf

2. biden has repeatedly advocated cuts to social security, and proudly touted his record on that. the record is clear, and the LIAR on this is undeniably biden:

"When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time."

politifact trying to spin that as 'misleading' by sanders, just because biden didn't use literally every opportunity to advocate for cutting social security, is a very dishonest attempt to muddy the waters and distract from the core criticism, which is that biden has a very questionable record when it comes to social programs, and repeatedly supported cutting them.

3. well, then it should be easy for you to provide some examples of that. i'm waiting. remember the kind of LIES and outrageous fabrications we're talking about: being arrested trying to visit nelson mandela, claiming to having played a crucial part in a popular agreement, when multiple people demonstrably involved, rejected that claim... i severly doubt you will find anything even close to that on sanders, otherwise it would have made national headlines for weeks.

4. those are NOT super pacs, you're just uncritically repeating biden's LIE. they are progressive nonprofits. also, remember the context of this exchange, which was sanders' argument about special interest influence on politics. how could any halfway reasonable person suggest those groups are similar to big oil / big pharma / the military industrial complex / insurance industry / wall street... that all have significant investments in biden's campaign, but not in sanders'? that's misleading and dishonest af.

5. refer to #2 when it comes to the substantial lies on policy, and i'm still waiting for debate moderators on MSM to platform that kind of fact checking on the national stage, when people are actually watching.

also, please address biden's lies about the bankruptcy bill. i noticed how you ignored that part.
the only 'substantial' thing you have to support your false equivalence between biden's and sanders' lying is a politifact spin that does not even refute bernie's core criticism of biden's record at all, just uses semantics to give it a 'misleading' rating.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll