d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Coronavirus And The Inevitable > End Of The Season
Prev1131132133134135157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,013.00
May 13 2020 05:51pm
Quote (dragoneth @ May 13 2020 03:36pm)
where did i say that?

Was implied. Asymptomatic people are a huge part of this puzzle. Hence why it makes plenty sense to get tested even if showing little to no symptoms.
Gold: 17,801.00
May 13 2020 07:46pm
Western Canada in particular is starting to show progress.

Besides Calgary you are seeing fairly low numbers compared to Eastern Provinces/Cities.

I am not sure why they are experiencing higher numbers, perhaps someone could explain it to me a bit better. I know large production facilities ramped up the numbers but that still does not explain the gap fully.

I gave it some thought and I will finally visit my Grandma outside on a backyard patio. It has been almost three months....

May have beers with 1-2 friends outside at a distance. I think that is reasonable.

Weather is supposed to be meh this long weekend... Maybe it is a blessing. I don't want hoards of people gathering at the beaches anyways.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on May 13 2020 07:47pm
Gold: 2,647.74
May 13 2020 08:09pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 13 2020 06:46pm)

Besides Calgary you are seeing fairly low numbers compared to Eastern Provinces/Cities.

I am not sure why they are experiencing higher numbers, perhaps someone could explain it to me a bit better. I know large production facilities ramped up the numbers but that still does not explain the gap fully.

I gave it some thought and I will finally visit my Grandma outside on a backyard patio. It has been almost three months....

May have beers with 1-2 friends outside at a distance. I think that is reasonable.

Weather is supposed to be meh this long weekend... Maybe it is a blessing. I don't want hoards of people gathering at the beaches anyways.

east got fucked because Quebec had an early spring break, the worst time possible to travel out of the country. once travelers came back they brought back coronavirus from all over the place.

and some luck too. considering BC has a large Chinese population and had tons of American tourists up until the border closed it's a miracle Victoria/Vancouver didn't experience a big outbreak.
Gold: 17,801.00
May 13 2020 08:25pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ May 13 2020 07:09pm)
east got fucked because Quebec had an early spring break, the worst time possible to travel out of the country. once travelers came back they brought back coronavirus from all over the place.

and some luck too. considering BC has a large Chinese population and had tons of American tourists up until the border closed it's a miracle Victoria/Vancouver didn't experience a big outbreak.

With YVR being an international hub I would agree it is a miracle. I can't imagine how many came to the airport from international locations and used the skytrain. That alone could have sent the numbers through the roof.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on May 13 2020 08:25pm
Gold: 10,995.01
May 13 2020 09:04pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 13 2020 09:46pm)

we have a lot of travel related cases and close contact cases from the travelers we also have a bunch of long term care homes with breakouts
ontario has pretty high amount of cases on record but we have a 75% recovery rate as well
the death rate might seem high at 8% but when you factor in the long term care homes and fact that 43% of cases are aged 60+(about 10k cases) that doesnt seem so bad imo older people are more likely to die to it as unfortunate as it is its the truth

i dont think ontario is doing great but i think they are doing much better then people in other provinces think tbh people see 21k cases and there like omg thats so many but we have 75% of those already recovered
to me quebec seems to be the worst hit the got the most cases most deaths and lowest recovery rate idk wtf is going on over there but they better step their game up
Gold: 2,647.74
May 13 2020 10:48pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 13 2020 07:25pm)
With YVR being an international hub I would agree it is a miracle. I can't imagine how many came to the airport from international locations and used the skytrain. That alone could have sent the numbers through the roof.

then all the crowded Costcos during the Great Toilet Paper Panic. maybe one joint a day keeps the flu away
Gold: 8,732.50
May 14 2020 01:21am
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 13 May 2020 21:48)
then all the crowded Costcos during the Great Toilet Paper Panic. maybe one joint a day keeps the flu away

Maybe the BC buds are the unofficial vaccine
Gold: 10,995.01
May 14 2020 09:19am
Quote (Secksii @ May 14 2020 03:21am)
Maybe the BC buds are the unofficial vaccine

never know cannabis extracts have done some magical things

also for the gamers out there apparently GTA 5 is free on the epic game store until the 21st
make sure you got HD space though games pretty big :D
it was leaked early though might not be on at this very moment but later on it should be i assume if not yet
i dont have epic games launcher so i cant check but yeah just a heads up

This post was edited by dragoneth on May 14 2020 09:25am
Gold: 4,600.00
May 14 2020 09:54am
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 13 2020 07:46pm)

The meat plants do explain the explosions though, 1000+ from the Cargill plant, and I think close to that from Brooks. It’s just luck really. Montreal has more traffic from France and is getting hammered, but Van has more from China, so it doesn’t make much sense outside of dumb luck.

This post was edited by StayPositive on May 14 2020 09:55am
Gold: 255.11
May 14 2020 10:09am
Golf baby wooo
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1131132133134135157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll