d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Coronavirus And The Inevitable > End Of The Season
Prev1129130131132133157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
May 11 2020 10:48am
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ 11 May 2020 08:42)
All you fuckers living in fear.

I’ve been deemed essential and have had to work through this pandemic. If you’re too fucking scared to leave your house stay inside. Life goes on. You all want to bankrupt this nation it’s mind blowing.

i've been working full time too, but it doesn't mean people should be retarded and go out to parks and shit because the "weather" is nice when they are "too scared" to go to work and applied for EI/CERB.
I could easily be part of the problem, be careless/selfish, go out and enjoy the weather with friends & shit while i have the highest chance of exposure among others since i've been working 5 times a week like normal vs people who stayed home the past weeks. The bolded part is the problem though, people are too scared to leave the house to work blahblahblah, but not scared to go chill with family and friends, which is the fucked and hilarious part.

You do realize they're thinking of lifting it because they feel they can handle the next wave right? It's not because it's magically safe all of sudden or things died down. Germany is a perfect example, they were one of the countries with S.korea/Taiwan that were well prepared and didn't get severely fucked through this pandemic while its neighbours like Italy, France, Spain & other euro countries were getting destroyed. Germany pre-maturely opened shit up because of their early success, and thought they could handle it but now they're regretting it.

Most small, local businesses are barely holding on if not closed down already, including dentists etc.
What do you think will happen if Canada has to shut everything down again for the second time? or worst case, can't handle to expected wave?
I agree with you on being worried about bankrupting this nation

This post was edited by Secksii on May 11 2020 10:54am
Gold: 698.00
May 11 2020 11:41am
Of course I know that’s why they’re reopening. Alberta has 80 ppl in hospitals with only 15-20’on ventilators. Much much much lower than was first projected. Hospitals are dead and staff have nothing to do since all surgeries have been cancelled. Now they started them back up a week ago but many elective surgeries are on hold still.
Plenty of beds waiting for ppl who arnt showing up.
We need herd immunity, like nearin mentioned there has never been a vaccine for coronavirus. The yearly flu shot is a GUESS on which strain will hit that particular year and most times you get sick anyway.

Wish I can work from home like all others but have to go out and muck around with people daily.
Gold: 4,000.00
May 11 2020 11:55am
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ May 11 2020 09:42am)
All you fuckers living in fear.

I’ve been deemed essential and have had to work through this pandemic. If you’re too fucking scared to leave your house stay inside. Life goes on. You all want to bankrupt this nation it’s mind blowing.

You should go read every single one of your comments here since March
May 11 2020 12:02pm
It's pretty nuts how different the countries take measures for this pandemic,
like America stops testing because it's somehow making Trump look bad? lol
Canada be like "everyone will do their part and we can hope for the best!"
Taiwan/S.Korea be like monitoring people who re-enter the country, and if their phone is stationary for x amount of hours, they go as far as calling the household to ask if the person left the house without their phone & breaking quarantine protocol. LOL
Gold: 698.00
May 11 2020 04:31pm
Quote (StayPositive @ May 11 2020 11:55am)
You should go read every single one of your comments here since March

Your pasty ass probably hasn’t left the house in months now.

But on the real, I hope you and your biz are holding up.

This post was edited by Subzer0isGG on May 11 2020 04:32pm
Gold: 4,000.00
May 11 2020 07:00pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ May 11 2020 04:31pm)
Your pasty ass probably hasn’t left the house in months now.

But on the real, I hope you and your biz are holding up.

I just want my Trudeau beer money to keep flowin in
Gold: 17,801.00
May 11 2020 07:25pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 11 2020 09:48am)
i've been working full time too, but it doesn't mean people should be retarded and go out to parks and shit because the "weather" is nice when they are "too scared" to go to work and applied for EI/CERB.
I could easily be part of the problem, be careless/selfish, go out and enjoy the weather with friends & shit while i have the highest chance of exposure among others since i've been working 5 times a week like normal vs people who stayed home the past weeks. The bolded part is the problem though, people are too scared to leave the house to work blahblahblah, but not scared to go chill with family and friends, which is the fucked and hilarious part.

You do realize they're thinking of lifting it because they feel they can handle the next wave right? It's not because it's magically safe all of sudden or things died down. Germany is a perfect example, they were one of the countries with S.korea/Taiwan that were well prepared and didn't get severely fucked through this pandemic while its neighbours like Italy, France, Spain & other euro countries were getting destroyed. Germany pre-maturely opened shit up because of their early success, and thought they could handle it but now they're regretting it.

Most small, local businesses are barely holding on if not closed down already, including dentists etc.
What do you think will happen if Canada has to shut everything down again for the second time? or worst case, can't handle to expected wave?
I agree with you on being worried about bankrupting this nation

If you are recalled back to work and refuse that is considered voluntary withdrawal from employment. CERB payments stop. If you quit a job out of fear I think you will have to pay back CERB back as well.

They just handed money out without doing a background check because times are so desperate and the money was urgently needed. I am optimistic those who voluntarily quit their jobs or refused to return if recalled will have to pay all or some of the CERB back.

It is a shame there are those abusing the system but at the same so many are struggling and lost their jobs through no fault of their own so I support helping out those in need.

I have been working near full time (36 hours a week) and have closed myself off for the most part. I agree with you. If you are going to work and are the primary errand runner for the household you do hold the greatest risk to spread the virus due to exposure level. That is why I cut out any social activity.

This weekend I am visiting my Grandma outside with a total of four people for a belated mothers day visit. I may go to Chilliwack to have beers with a friend at a secluded creek. I have already decided to not meet up with a small group of friends at a walking trail in Richmond. Too many people are out and I don't think I can properly distance myself.

As I said earlier I have little fear of getting myself sick. I just don't want to get sick, be asymptomatic and spread the virus to those who are vulnerable.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on May 11 2020 07:27pm
Gold: 255.11
May 11 2020 07:25pm
Safe to say i wouldnt survive a 2nd shutdown so you fuckers better follow health recomendation
May 11 2020 07:55pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 11 May 2020 18:25)
If you are recalled back to work and refuse that is considered voluntary withdrawal from employment. CERB payments stop. If you quit a job out of fear I think you will have to pay back CERB back as well.

They just handed money out without doing a background check because times are so desperate and the money was urgently needed. I am optimistic those who voluntarily quit their jobs or refused to return if recalled will have to pay all or some of the CERB back.

It is a shame there are those abusing the system but at the same so many are struggling and lost their jobs through no fault of their own so I support helping out those in need.

I have been working near full time (36 hours a week) and have closed myself off for the most part. I agree with you. If you are going to work and are the primary errand runner for the household you do hold the greatest risk to spread the virus due to exposure level. That is why I cut out any social activity.

This weekend I am visiting my Grandma outside with a total of four people for a belated mothers day visit. I may go to Chilliwack to have beers with a friend at a secluded creek. I have already decided to not meet up with a small group of friends at a walking trail in Richmond. Too many people are out and I don't think I can properly distance myself.

As I said earlier I have little fear of getting myself sick. I just don't want to get sick, be asymptomatic and spread the virus to those who are vulnerable.

Oh yeah for sure, what I meant is that the people who are currently on ei/cerb are out in parks because the weather is so nice rn. They're most likely recalled for the 19th, but until then they should still be social distancing rather than take their entire family out to enjoy the sunshine x 50 other families socializing etc.

I just find it ironic that some of those families struggle financially, yet they don't care enough to social distance. Imagine there's a huge spike of cases, and the government decides not to re open things for the 19th. More businesses will close down, more people will be frustrated, and likely not follow through.

If they abused the cerb/ei, they'll have to pay back eventually but that's not really important at this time. Let's just hope no one at the park was positive for the virus and just massively spreaded it to cause a huge spike before officially opening things again for the long weekend
Gold: 27,914.53
May 11 2020 08:38pm
Keep an eye on your bureaus boys. Fraudsters are applying for cerbs into their own bank accounts or fraud ones and collecting cerb Under unsuspecting peoples sins. i doubt it flags your bureau however if they have your sin they may obv use it for other reasons.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1129130131132133157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll