d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Dow Jones Base Jumping > Taking The Plunge
Prev1614615616617618626Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35.68
Apr 5 2024 05:59pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Apr 5 2024 04:51pm)
hmm reading about this now

interesting. nothing like you're stuck at the office cause mr. robotaxi was ubering around and some rand stole it because of FFA loot

i'd rather spend $ on a shitty beater if i was worried about a monthly loan or lease costs. all glory be to the triune Elon god though, we can now "lower our monthly loan or lease" while we depreciate its value at the same time!

The wording he used is like the exact phrasing he used to sell FSD ever since it was released too. His wording today kind of implies Robotaxi is going to be it's own vehicle instead of allowing FSD enabled vehicles to act as a "Robotaxi" like he's been using as a selling point this entire time... maybe he'll elaborate later but that smells like a lawsuit waiting to happen lol

Edit: Nvm think I read the implications wrong, we'll see in the future how it plays out :P

This post was edited by MrSK on Apr 5 2024 06:00pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 5 2024 07:53pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 4 Apr 2024 13:38)
nice bazi. i love selling CCs. that feeling of buying them back feels so good

thanks man. do you still day trade and do the ORB stuff or just chilling right now from the market? TSLA had an insane ORB in the morning (to the upside). sadly, i got juked out by being a doomer bear: https://i.gyazo.com/47068d806e9ca685259771f42a7460e1.png

made a video to show my chart better:
https://files.catbox.moe/6lo6un.mp4

Awesome recap! Sorry man I meant to reply to you much sooner. I haven't dabbled in much of the ORB stuff but I may look into it to expand playbook. When I was messing with it I didn't have great success so I stopped. I may not have watched enough of Matt's videos but I don't fully recall the rules for when to stop or take profits. It seems like he just had a feel for the stock and would get out.

There is a particular pattern I've used for taking positions for long term holds/swing trades. I was curious if dropped to an intraday chart if I could replicate it. Long story short (no pun intended) I built a spreadsheet tracking it. It has pretty decent results from year start to now. This week only had 2 trades 1 win and 1 break even.

https://i.imgur.com/hUB91iz.png (didn't imbed pic is massive lol)

Other then that dividend portfolio is kicking butt right now and im just trying to avg more into tesla.

Quote (MrSK @ 5 Apr 2024 09:54)
Apparently due to a rumour that the $25k EV was scrapped, which Musk denied about an hour ago.
Honestly anyone dealing with TSLA I applaud you. I'd be on anxiety medication knowing he can tank it at any time

lol yeah sometimes holding the stock is not fun!

Quote (MrSK @ 5 Apr 2024 16:25)
Interesting enough I just got a free month trial of FSD today which is unheard of... apparently he's rolling this out to the masses since others have reported it too. People are mentioning the bounce is because Musk said he would unveiling a Tesla Robotaxi on 8/8 so i'm sure he's scrambling to get some last minute driving data

I'd be curious your thoughts on FSD if you get around to using it and have time. From what I've read it still struggles with turning at stop signs, curbing the tires on sidewalks, and when there is no lead car in front of it to follow, it doesn't seem to perform well. Perhaps be mindful of the curbs so you don't ding your wheels :)

There is so much speculation on what is or isn't happening with Telsa I really hope they give us more concise information this upcoming ER compared to the last 2 reports. Also doesn't help Elon has made enemies of his customer base and MSM so the stock feeling the pain there, hoping it all just 1 great opportunity to buy the dip!
Apr 5 2024 08:54pm
Quote (RatM @ Apr 5 2024 06:53pm)
There is so much speculation on what is or isn't happening with Telsa I really hope they give us more concise information this upcoming ER compared to the last 2 reports. Also doesn't help Elon has made enemies of his customer base and MSM so the stock feeling the pain there, hoping it all just 1 great opportunity to buy the dip!

I was very tempted to test out the summon feature today, but sadly it was raining, I have a vision only model and I read up to find out Tesla takes 0 liability if something happens using it as it’s still a beta. Hopefully I can try it a bit tomorrow if it’s clear :)

This post was edited by MrSK on Apr 5 2024 08:55pm
Gold: 445.97
Apr 5 2024 09:06pm
Quote (RatM @ Apr 5 2024 06:53pm)
Awesome recap! Sorry man I meant to reply to you much sooner. I haven't dabbled in much of the ORB stuff but I may look into it to expand playbook. When I was messing with it I didn't have great success so I stopped. I may not have watched enough of Matt's videos but I don't fully recall the rules for when to stop or take profits. It seems like he just had a feel for the stock and would get out.

There is a particular pattern I've used for taking positions for long term holds/swing trades. I was curious if dropped to an intraday chart if I could replicate it. Long story short (no pun intended) I built a spreadsheet tracking it. It has pretty decent results from year start to now. This week only had 2 trades 1 win and 1 break even.

https://i.imgur.com/hUB91iz.png (didn't imbed pic is massive lol)

Other then that dividend portfolio is kicking butt right now and im just trying to avg more into tesla.

should be able to, looks like you're using RSI levels and the EMA? i freaking love the 5 minute chart. i found even with pure RSI trading it's decent. sometimes i'll not even look at the chart and pretend the RSI is the actual chart (not recommend ofc, but when you get bored like me, it happens). go long when RSI <= 25, or short when RSI >= 75-80. i aim for small scalps using that method, as that RSI could indicate that stock is either mooning or tanking. and we all know the cheap can always get cheaper haha. there's also a shit ton of algos that pop off around those levels for juicy bounces up/down

that's awesome you are getting decent results with your swing trading. i'd say that's your bread and butter then!

and yeah, for the matt diamond ORBs, he's usually out at 10-20% profit (percentage change on the option contracts). same for his stop loss. he uses a mental stop loss though, which can be hard because people do a lot of holding and hoping. i think the hardest part of day trading is not entering, but knowing when to get out. i still struggle with that

you should do more of his ORB stuff, but just stick with 1x contract like me. a $1.20 tsla put/call is my bread and butter. doesn't emotionally effect me and has potential to scalp $50-75

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Apr 5 2024 09:10pm
Retired Moderator
Apr 5 2024 11:20pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 5 Apr 2024 20:06)
should be able to, looks like you're using RSI levels and the EMA? i freaking love the 5 minute chart. i found even with pure RSI trading it's decent. sometimes i'll not even look at the chart and pretend the RSI is the actual chart (not recommend ofc, but when you get bored like me, it happens). go long when RSI <= 25, or short when RSI >= 75-80. i aim for small scalps using that method, as that RSI could indicate that stock is either mooning or tanking. and we all know the cheap can always get cheaper haha. there's also a shit ton of algos that pop off around those levels for juicy bounces up/down

that's awesome you are getting decent results with your swing trading. i'd say that's your bread and butter then!

and yeah, for the matt diamond ORBs, he's usually out at 10-20% profit (percentage change on the option contracts). same for his stop loss. he uses a mental stop loss though, which can be hard because people do a lot of holding and hoping. i think the hardest part of day trading is not entering, but knowing when to get out. i still struggle with that

you should do more of his ORB stuff, but just stick with 1x contract like me. a $1.20 tsla put/call is my bread and butter. doesn't emotionally effect me and has potential to scalp $50-75

yep EMA are the dotted lines and SMA is the solid green. RSI is pretty dang solid, no matter what time frame seems like the stock will pause at the extreme levels even momentarily.

I'm down to explore the ORB set up more, just would like to find a way to quantify my risk and profit targets and have that pre-set when I enter a trade.

Quote (MrSK @ 5 Apr 2024 19:54)
I was very tempted to test out the summon feature today, but sadly it was raining, I have a vision only model and I read up to find out Tesla takes 0 liability if something happens using it as it’s still a beta. Hopefully I can try it a bit tomorrow if it’s clear :)

Oh yeah hopefully the weather clears up for you to test it out!
Apr 6 2024 01:14am
Quote (RatM @ Apr 5 2024 10:20pm)
yep EMA are the dotted lines and SMA is the solid green. RSI is pretty dang solid, no matter what time frame seems like the stock will pause at the extreme levels even momentarily.

I'm down to explore the ORB set up more, just would like to find a way to quantify my risk and profit targets and have that pre-set when I enter a trade.

You can give webull's group order feature a try. Has a take profit and stop loss trigger all packaged into one "trade". Active trade pro might have that too. Try a stop loss of a dollar or so below and a profit target of 0.30 cents or whatnot. Of course fiddle around what works for you, but just an idea

Sadly, with the volitility on market open can be insane it might be better to have a mental stop loss. As you know those percentage swings when matt does his trades are crazy

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Apr 6 2024 01:15am
Retired Moderator
Apr 6 2024 11:11am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 6 Apr 2024 00:14)
You can give webull's group order feature a try. Has a take profit and stop loss trigger all packaged into one "trade". Active trade pro might have that too. Try a stop loss of a dollar or so below and a profit target of 0.30 cents or whatnot. Of course fiddle around what works for you, but just an idea

Sadly, with the volitility on market open can be insane it might be better to have a mental stop loss. As you know those percentage swings when matt does his trades are crazy

Yeah might have to market in/market out. Recently switched to TDA/Schwab for day trading since I use TOS for charting. Just way more simpler to have everything in 1 interface for me.
Apr 6 2024 02:29pm
Quote (RatM @ Apr 6 2024 10:11am)
Yeah might have to market in/market out. Recently switched to TDA/Schwab for day trading since I use TOS for charting. Just way more simpler to have everything in 1 interface for me.

Nice! I know TOS's charting is one of the best.

I use Webull's app on my phone for order execution. I found the mobile UI is incredible vs the desktop one. The group orders on there are much easier to setup and faster than the desktop app too. Sometimes I'll even use https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy so I can trade on desktop but via the mobile interface.. LOL

Definitely not as ideal as a good option page layout on ToS or Lightspeed, but some reason I love webull's mobile app. It's smooth as butter. Probably losing a bit of $ on executions but meh

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Apr 6 2024 02:30pm
Gold: 4,946.71
Apr 6 2024 07:11pm
8/8 announcement likely nothing

Latest FSD is far away from complete version

Won’t do much to help this down trend imho. Will need to wait for a successful quarter showing reacceleration which I have doubts will even be this year

I’m a buyer 160 and below still
Apr 6 2024 10:43pm
Quote (RatM @ Apr 5 2024 10:20pm)

So I tested it out on the drive to the Hills to watch the SpaceX launch tonight. Put it on default settings FYI. This is in a 2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Stop signs definitely are a weak point. It doesn't roll up all the way to the line(about 10-15 feet), stops for 3-5 seconds and then basically floors it at 75-90% acceleration. Sadly didn't have any other drivers to see if it went in the proper order or not.

I also noticed it LOVED to speed. It was going 59 in a 50, accelerated fast after lights turned green but it atleast kept a decent if there were cars in front. It hesitated when switching lanes because a car was ~2 lengths behind me but it went for it after about 8 seconds.

Right turns were pretty bad. If the light turns yellow it doesn't do a rolling turn even if you're right at the intersection. It also had the issue similar to the stop sign where it stays 10-15 feet behind the line, so it couldn't see if it was safe to go until the light turned green. Would definitely be an issue in my area since we drive aggressively lol. It also got a little too close to the curb despite having room to make a wide turn. It's a neat toy but in it's current state definitely not worth the money or liability if an issue happens. Not sure 4 months of data can make that much of a difference in time for the unveil on 8/8

This post was edited by MrSK on Apr 6 2024 10:43pm
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev1614615616617618626Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll