d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Guide For Brand New Players > I Don't Know What To Do.
Prev14567826Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,717.93
Mar 14 2020 09:59am
page 3? not on my watch!
Gold: 22,717.93
Apr 1 2020 04:42pm
Should really be in the guides section so i can find this easier :P
Gold: 0.00
Apr 13 2020 09:48am
Very informative!
Gold: 94.15
Apr 13 2020 11:46am
Ty for your service
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Apr 22 2020 10:32pm
Simplified and expanded version 2.0 coming soon within a month including suggestions given. A better pedagocial method may be used with better fonts and easier reading hehe :D . :hug: Welcome all new slashers. :hail:
Gold: 3,837.85
Apr 22 2020 11:10pm
Not to shabby.

Now tell me this. How can you call this a Guide (KEYWORD) when you tell ("TELL" being keyword) people not to choose a character class and tell them what to put into stats and abilities?

For starters... I love guardians, and to be honest with the price of the items, their gear (even if restricted) is a hell of a lot cheaper than what is the norm... also... they do NOT need to rely on EE armor, they can actually do well with STAT armor which is cheaper because of the restrictions. In retrospect, the Guardian can play better solo than other builds if you can work around their restrictions... only thing that is expensive for a guardian... the EE heal charm.

Note: it is a nice guide, thought out to the limitation of being in the same category as the rest of the sheep. I only disagree with the limits you put on the builds and the people who read your guide, maybe they want to check out what can or not be available for a feeder class.
Apr 22 2020 11:56pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 23 2020 02:10am)
Not to shabby.

Now tell me this. How can you call this a Guide (KEYWORD) when you tell ("TELL" being keyword) people not to choose a character class and tell them what to put into stats and abilities?

For starters... I love guardians, and to be honest with the price of the items, their gear (even if restricted) is a hell of a lot cheaper than what is the norm... also... they do NOT need to rely on EE armor, they can actually do well with STAT armor which is cheaper because of the restrictions. In retrospect, the Guardian can play better solo than other builds if you can work around their restrictions... only thing that is expensive for a guardian... the EE heal charm.

Note: it is a nice guide, thought out to the limitation of being in the same category as the rest of the sheep. I only disagree with the limits you put on the builds and the people who read your guide, maybe they want to check out what can or not be available for a feeder class.

Before you come in here randomly trying to defy logic for the sake of arguing as always I'm gonna stop you.

A guide shows you the way and if you're lucky you might be able to make a few choices for yourself. A guide tells you where to walk. If you don't want to, feel free to experience less than optimal conditions. As ladder slasher is a gear restrictive game in which if you don't have the proper setup and gear you simply can't reach masterquest, I am simply stating the most efficient way to get there,solo, on a budget. If you disagree go put the time into making your own guide.

In case you forgot. Guardians and barbarians can use almost all of the same gear and barbarians are way less restrictive with WAY more damage and armor choices. Guardians are not solo friendly or noob friendly. Guardians were designed for group play not solo. They have dismal damage. If anyone knows something about guardian besides you it's, DATIS and it's me :D . Feel free to contact him on avabur and talk to him on teamspeak about his opinion.

I also provided 1 fg options for noobs. I don't think it gets any cheaper than that :) . Another thing is that by adding how to use heal charms into a brand new beginner's guide and focusing on that in the build just makes things more complicated than they need to be. Nothing here is supposed to be expensive, it's a brand new beginner's guide.
Obviously a new player can choose whatever they want but after spending many hours trying to get to masterquest on guardian they'll realize they should have followed this guide. If someone wants to check out something for themselves then they will LMAO. This isn't the law, it's a guide.
This isn't poe where there are millions of build possibilities. If you play the game then you are the sheep. If you don't like the guide then why don't you go put the time in to make your own guardian guide for new players instead of cricizing mine :D ?
Gold: 1.93
Apr 23 2020 12:03am
Nice guide dan, very informative and well laid out. :thumbsup:
Gold: 3,837.85
Apr 23 2020 08:14pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Apr 23 2020 05:56pm)
Before you come in here randomly trying to defy logic for the sake of arguing as always I'm gonna stop you.

EDITED: read your post, just removed to reduced size of post.

Read properly, I did not criticize your guide... I even said it was "Not too shabby" / "It is a nice guide..." I just pointed out some things that I disagree with.

Made two guides actually, but they are more informative even if old in comparison to yours:

Basic Hardcore/softcore Melee | Tank Guide
Hardcore Heavy Weapon Solo Builds

Agree that choices are those of the individual. Totally disagree with Datis and his Guardian Build since it is only built for group play in mind, I should know, I have had MANY discussions with him in game (LS). You I have not had a discussion with because you can not think beyond Damage output over surviving.

Defense wise, Guardian stats (Vitality + Intelligence) is the best out of all Feeder classes, that is why I use Heavy Weapons (1.8 sec) with Stat armor ... don't even use a Stat main charm from level 25 to 65... I use 1xx ee level 25 Focus heal all the way... then I switch to lvl 55 Wild heal 5x ee / 30 str. Can your barbarian / fighter do the same and still climb at the same speed from 65-71 without using Regen Gear or a ton of shrines?

Also been playing around with intelligence stats on a Guardian based on the % enhanced effect Heal type charm being used to add more into either Strength / Dexterity. Same goes with Vitality, but I know that when I start getting to level 85, I need those extra hitpoints.

End Note again... your guide is decent, simple layout and easy to read.
Apr 26 2020 02:05am
fair enough woot!
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev14567826Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll