d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Guide For Brand New Players > I Don't Know What To Do.
Prev1131415161726Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,482.94
Jul 23 2022 11:40am
Can someone tell me the order of how good items are like white, magical, rare, angelic, mystical, etc? Or where can I find information on that and like what types of modifiers can spawn at what levels and what the modifiers do?
Gold: 158,936.10
Warn: 30%
Jul 24 2022 10:07pm
Quote (robzombie333 @ Jul 23 2022 02:40pm)
Can someone tell me the order of how good items are like white, magical, rare, angelic, mystical, etc? Or where can I find information on that and like what types of modifiers can spawn at what levels and what the modifiers do?

courtesy of

Modifier explanations can be found here:
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/?g=4

good luck :)
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2022 08:27am
thank you for this
Jul 27 2022 01:06pm
Sorry to bother with question but as a new player to softcore with the ladder likely resetting within a month would it make more sense for me to keep playing my starter character past level 71 and just try to magic find for items to store for next ladder?
Gold: 7,177.65
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2022 01:25pm
Quote (robzombie333 @ Jul 27 2022 03:06pm)
Sorry to bother with question but as a new player to softcore with the ladder likely resetting within a month would it make more sense for me to keep playing my starter character past level 71 and just try to magic find for items to store for next ladder?

Hey Robzombie333, welcome to LS :D

Ultimately, it is up to you, but to keep it "short".... here are your options I would suggest:
1. Kill monsters, MQ, unlock new classes, repeat. (I wouldn't worry too much about a reset, we could be days/weeks/months before someone resets the ladder)
This option really opens you up to learning the entirety of the game. You can choose to play new classes if you have the gear OR you can climb your favorite available class over & over to MQ and build-up your sets in preparation for next ladder.

2. Another option would be death-farming for items. This is (probably) the most profitable way to play LS currently. For example, a guildy and all-around great guy, does this. If you want to take a peek, here's his character: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=857310&p=502299

Essentially what you do is park your character around level 58-64 and kill monsters over and over, picking up items to sell, and before your next level-up you let the monsters kill you in order to reset your experience bar. Regenerate your life and repeat.
The penalty for dying in LS causes you to lose both experience and proficiency. So, the trade-off to parking yourself at a high-level is increasing your odds of finding higher tier items to sell, versus, never gaining proficiency on that character.
*Side note: You don't lose any skilling proficiency (fishing/transmuting/glyphing/cooking/suff'ing) on death, just proficiency for your weapons and charms.

Hope that helps. Happy slashing~

This post was edited by JonWon on Jul 27 2022 01:37pm
Jul 27 2022 01:30pm
Quote (JonWon @ Jul 27 2022 03:25pm)

Ultimately, it is up to you, but to keep it "short".... here are your options I would suggest:
1. Kill monsters, MQ, unlock new classes, repeat. (I wouldn't worry too much about a reset, we could be days/weeks/months before someone resets the ladder)
This options really opens you up to learning the entirety of the game. You can choose to play the new classes that you unlock if you have the gear OR you can climb your favorite available class over & over to MQ and build-up your sets in preparation for next ladder.

2. Another option would be death-farming for items. This is (probably) the most profitable way to play LS currently. For example, a guildy of ours ^Jowly does this if you want to take a peek, here's his character: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=857310&p=502299
Essentially what you do is park your character around level 58-64 and kill monsters over and over, picking up items to sell, and before your next level-up you let the monsters kill you in order to reset your experience bar. Regenerate your life and repeat.
The penalty for dying in LS causes you to lose both experience and proficiency. So, the trade-off to parking yourself at a high-level is increasing your odds of finding higher tier items to sell, versus, never gaining proficiency on that character.
*Side note: You don't lose any skilling proficiency (fishing/transmuting/glyphing/cooking/suff'ing) on death, just proficiency for your weapons and charms.

Thank you this is exactly what I wanted to hear. I played this probably back in 2008 or so when it first came out and its changed a lot since then. I had no idea you lost proficiency on death so that is good to know and something to consider.
Gold: 7,177.65
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2022 01:34pm
Quote (robzombie333 @ Jul 27 2022 03:30pm)
Thank you this is exactly what I wanted to hear. I played this probably back in 2008 or so when it first came out and its changed a lot since then. I had no idea you lost proficiency on death so that is good to know and something to consider.

You're welcome. Keep in mind, you can always have 2 characters too!
I personally like to have a secondary character parked to death farm with (which I don't care to build any proficiency on), and a main character which I enjoy climbing and MQ'ing on. The benefit being that I always have a high-level character who I can farm with during great events or when I have tons of wellables items to use up.

This post was edited by JonWon on Jul 27 2022 01:34pm
Gold: 8,723.98
Jul 28 2022 12:51am
Quote (JonWon @ 28 Jul 2022 07:25)

This option really opens you up to learning the entirety of the game. You can choose to play new classes if you have the gear OR you can climb your favorite available class over & over to MQ and build-up your sets in preparation for next ladder.

2. Another option would be death-farming for items. This is (probably) the most profitable way to play LS currently. For example, a guildy and all-around great guy, ^Jowly does this. If you want to take a peek, here's his character: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=857310&p=502299

This is the best advice given that I have seen for a Softcore starter character, and me being me... get to level 69 and then Death farm. I am superstitious here... 65 ensures that you find level 55 items (white) from normal mobs, and being level 69 vs EPs... you have more Drop% of items that are going to be level 55. Again.. I am superstitious.
Gold: 55,929.33
Jul 28 2022 02:44am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 28 2022 08:51am)
This is the best advice given that I have seen for a Softcore starter character, and me being me... get to level 69 and then Death farm. I am superstitious here... 65 ensures that you find level 55 items (white) from normal mobs, and being level 69 vs EPs... you have more Drop% of items that are going to be level 55. Again.. I am superstitious.

Coming from a guy who hasn’t had a softcore farmer in over 20 years….but his logic makes sense. Personally I prefer lvl. 55-60 since the maps are a little smaller and the Umonsters a little easier. Sadly I keep forgetting to die sometimes and end up lvling
Gold: 9,521.43
Jul 31 2022 05:01pm
up
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1131415161726Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll