d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev145678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 107.77
Feb 1 2020 05:28pm
Gold: 4,946.71
Feb 1 2020 06:00pm
Numbers aren’t that impressive, in terms of deaths

Yeah it’s contagious, it’s coronavirus, it’s always contagious

CNBC article talking about person to person spread...ok it’s literally always been respiratory droplets/person to person

This is fear mongering
Gold: 285.00
Feb 1 2020 06:40pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 1 2020 07:00pm)
Numbers aren’t that impressive, in terms of deaths

Yeah it’s contagious, it’s coronavirus, it’s always contagious

CNBC article talking about person to person spread...ok it’s literally always been respiratory droplets/person to person

This is fear mongering

At work earlier a nurse was talking about how she wasn't going to take her baby outside for awhile. I was like yeah, if you do he will probably get sars. Sometimes you gotta just lean in.
Gold: 50,060.76
Feb 1 2020 11:56pm
Phillipines just announced first death outside China...
Gold: 4.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 2 2020 12:04am
Quote (pwb3 @ Feb 2 2020 12:56am)
Phillipines just announced first death outside China...

these niggas above dont think it is serious
Gold: 50,060.76
Feb 2 2020 12:11am
Quote (FirstClassFunk @ Feb 1 2020 10:04pm)
these niggas above dont think it is serious

Yeah and I used to think the same. I usually ignore news because they love to play on our fears because it gets them more hits and hits = money for them.

However, there were a few red flags for me:

1) China is known for lying and covering things up. They don't want their country's economy to crash (which did happen anyway, but they were trying to prevent it, hence the delay of the news)
2) China built a hospital very, very rapidly just for this virus. YIKES! That's a very big red flag for me.
3) People can have this virus without feeling symptoms for up to two weeks. That means it's spreading invisibly. We cannot see what the true scale is now, but it's definitely in the hundred of thousands by now, if not millions.
Gold: 260.11
Feb 2 2020 12:13am
Quote (pwb3 @ Feb 2 2020 12:11am)
Yeah and I used to think the same. I usually ignore news because they love to play on our fears because it gets them more hits and hits = money for them.

However, there were a few red flags for me:

1) China is known for lying and covering things up. They don't want their country's economy to crash (which did happen anyway, but they were trying to prevent it, hence the delay of the news)
2) China built a hospital very, very rapidly just for this virus. YIKES! That's a very big red flag for me.
3) People can have this virus without feeling symptoms for up to two weeks. That means it's spreading invisibly. We cannot see what the true scale is now, but it's definitely in the hundred of thousands by now, if not millions.

Number 2 is fairly typical. China's building quality is notoriously shitty and things go up very quickly (and often fall down just as quickly).
Gold: 17,384.69
Feb 2 2020 02:26am
Contaminated amount curb starts to be exponential, imagine impact on economy if whole china has its activity stopped.
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 2 2020 06:54am
Quote (Skinned @ 2 Feb 2020 01:40)
At work earlier a nurse was talking about how she wasn't going to take her baby outside for awhile. I was like yeah, if you do he will probably get sars. Sometimes you gotta just lean in.

This. About time for mankind to cull the weak.
Gold: 285.00
Feb 2 2020 08:18am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 2 2020 07:54am)
This. About time for mankind to cull the weak.

My favorite philosopher Nietzsche said man is a bridge. The only bridge between animal and overman. In order to achieve this purpose we will have to re approach our values and reject the slave values that have dominated our culture and embraced a master values that lead to further evolution. The slave values are the values of Christianity which emphasize pity humbleness forgiveness and weakness. He says we built a political system around these things that keeps weak humans alive. Over time this weakens the human race significantly and stalls evolution, Which is driven by the development of necessary traits needed to survive. Nietzsche argues that if we artificially keep week people alive the human race was stopped developing traits that make them strong. In order to do this we must embrace master of morality with an emphasis on strength and beauty and pride.

If you historically traced the beginning of the prominence of slave morality it coincides with the rise of Christianity. Nietzsche theorizes that the early christians took the values of their masters (The Romans) which were bad for them and created the concept of evil to describe them, which hadn't existed in ancient Greek or Indian cultures (Nietzsche was a philologist). Resentimentation of morality is what he calls the inversion of morals where strength and pride go from not good to bad, but good to evil. Now they are not just different like the Greeks believed, even bad... The Greeks believed an enemy could be your foil and a great enemy was necessary to have a great character... Christians framed what was different from then or bad to them as evil that must be killed and destroyed. I was never one for divine command theory morality myself.

Nietzsche said the barbarians never committed suicide, and questions why modern Europeans are so afflicted by it.

Sigmund Freud was probably the most famous nietzschean, more famous than Nietzsche himself.... He continued a lot of his work and it was Sigmund that said that all neuroses and psychoses are a product of the social contract And man having to live calculatedly instead of naturally. He wondered why barbarians didn't kill themselves but modern man did to.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 2 2020 08:21am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev145678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll