d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Precision - A Challenge Wt > No Respec Charge/foh Hybrid Paladin
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 854.00
Jan 13 2020 12:20am
Long time D2 player/fan, I play occasionally when I have time but even when I go a while without playing I always love to come look through WTs every now and then.

Have had a bit more time to play so I decided to make my own, first in a very long time! With a few twists. One of the interesting challenges about the earlier days was building characters without the plan to respec - basically trying to make a build work as you go and still have the skill points and stats for your final build. I also have always been a fan of non-traditional PVM builds (especially when not playing for time/MF on realms etc).

So with all that said, I introduce Precision. The goal of this WT will be to make a Charge/FOH hybrid without any respec along the way, with the final goal of killing hell baal. Is it possible? TBH I have no idea, let's find out!

RULES
- Hardcore, P8 for all except countess runs
- NO respec
- Charge/FOH as primary skills
- Vanilla LOD, no extended stash and no ladder runewords (oof, no insight for FOH/Charge...)
- S/E IS allowed (this WT will be hard enough)
- Reruns of everything allowed, though still P8

GOALS
- Kill hell Baal without breaking any of the rules, other than that do whatever it takes!
- Eth treachery, reaper's toll? (Gonna need a very strong merc)

STRATEGY
- Advice/tips more than welcome! (other than this WT is impossible/way too slow kill speed/terrible idea/etc)
- Will plan to build primarily as charger at least through most of normal, with a decent amount of points into might for myself, my merc, and my switch throw wep
- Will likely have throw wep on switch until I get FOH, so I can do some range thinning out if needed
- Undecided on what will be absolutely maxed in final set up, and willing to hear ideas. Charge can be pretty effective dmg wise even without max'd lvl and synergies, so I may end up planning on max FOH, max holy shock, high convict (though will be able to charge light immunes).
- Will be planning to build/need very tanky merc, planning to hunt for reaper's toll and make eth treach, though would appreciate you guys' advice on mid game set up and aura choice (will use blessed aim early)
- Stay away from mobs/thin them out a bit with FOH, slam my face into the champ/reviver with charge.

Here we go!
Jan 13 2020 12:26am
Other questions as I get going.

Primarily using a 2H wep, where should my CBF come from later on?

Den was easy per usual.

Only keepable find

Thought raven would be really challenging.
Jan 13 2020 12:29am

She was not. :)

Always nice to have a companion. Can't wait to get a merc!

Why not, can use on switch for throw wep for a little while
Jan 13 2020 12:36am
It's Norm A1 but man I have a fetish for eth/repair rares, they don't even have to be good. Will use this for a bit for the style. :P

Too bad it's not a necro WT:

Shield upgrade on way to cain:

Jan 13 2020 12:44am
Countess down. Again, easier than I though she would be, turns out charge does a lot of damage (and uses a lot of mana - oh well)

So one of the very challenging things about this no-respec build is going to be determining stat points.
I will need to add strength and dext to some extent as I go to be able to use items, as well as some vitality so I don't get 1-shotted by a skele archer, but will want to save a fair amount as well since I don't know exactly what I will be using.
So you'll permanently see unspent stat points over there on the side.

First unique, in the catacombs on way to Andy.

Jan 13 2020 12:50am
Neat but not useful for me. Never grabbed a screen but was just using a 2x ruby'd two-handed sword at this point

[/url]

Action shot of the killing charge on Andy. She also wasn't challenging, just had to pot a fair amount for mana, but that's going to be my life this WT with Charge/FOH and no insight.

She dropped my first unique ring:

Jan 13 2020 12:55am

Will use for the AR for now.

She also dropped this which I'll def use for a bit. Besides eth/repair yellow's, 2o's yellows also really get me going, even when they are insignificant norm drops :D

Here's how we look heading into A2. Should be able to whack+mana pot my way through things for a while still.
Gold: 1,000.69
Jan 13 2020 12:58am
Advice: Click on health/mana globe to show its current value!
Good luck with your WT! Hard rules..

This post was edited by UCALL on Jan 13 2020 12:58am
Jan 13 2020 01:05am

Raddy wasn't bad at all. Had to stand back and throw javs to get some skeles out of the way while merc killed some as well.

There is just nothing more satisfying than the thump-thump-thump- WHACK of charge followed by a monster's death cries.

Nor was the worm. Can get a little slow in straight/tight places (e.g. tunnels, arcane) because I can't charge back and forth side to side across the screen to kill different monsters. But oh well. Easy to walk behind merc, charge up, walk behind, etc.

Also dropped armor upgrade/2o's yellow which, as we know, I get lathered up over

Jan 13 2020 01:05am
Quote (UCALL @ Jan 12 2020 11:58pm)
Advice: Click on health/mana globe to show its current value!
Good luck with your WT! Hard rules..

Thank you! Will do now and it will show up when the screens catch up to where I am. Sorry I didn't think to do that earlier!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll