d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Precision - A Challenge Wt > No Respec Charge/foh Hybrid Paladin
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 854.00
Jan 24 2020 12:27am
Did a few quick trav runs since they weren't too tough. Nothing really useful, the dmg on my current wep is hard to pass up right now with charge and speed isn't super relevant.

Meph. This was the first pretty challenging fight - as you might gather from the fact that I had to kill him all the way back by entrance to durance 3.
I tried to go toe-toe with him at first but the lightning dmg was too scary. Basically I had to bait out each spell, charge in, run back out/dodge next spell, charge back.
So it was slow going and required a lot of mana pots. Fortunately my resists are ok even without my shield (tri res all 40+, 75 w/ shield) so wasn't super dangerous

Forgot to grab a screen at izzy. He was not dangerous but did take a lot of charges.

Pretty soon after getting in river of flame... nice drop!

Jan 24 2020 12:33am
Another decent drop right away in river! Surely this means my forge will be solid right?

Lol.

Ring upgrade though! Use this + the other AR rare, swap to nagel for MF.

Didn't take a screen of FOH yet. Right now only using FOH + vigor on switch (again, lots of prereqs to get to convict so I can't wast too many points yet).
Plan right now is to shop a + convict scepter, as just having like +3 convict w/ skills will be hugely beneficial and not require me to spend a bunch of points on prereqs just yet.

Jan 24 2020 12:41am

Thought this would be my 2nd S/E. Got put in a bone prison and lightning breath'd. However, still had healing and rejuv pots so was actually able to resume and break out without going too crazy low.

He actually wasn't too terrible, the mana leech sucked for sure. I had to return to town twice for pots (mostly mana) but other than that it was just a matter of repeated charges.
FOH is still not powerful enough to be that helpful in this situation, mostly using for thinning out some undead or zapping a few in a big crowd to make sure it's safe before charging in.

Meh drops. Only upgrade/keep was belt.

Jan 24 2020 12:48am
Slight improvement, won't last long.

Cool drop screen. Especially if this was higher difficulty.

This is basically what all my charms look like right now. Have quite a few +cold/light/or fire in the 5-8 range with minor mods. It helps to keep the res respectable w/o shield.

Gold: 144.33
Jan 24 2020 12:49am
Change the resolution to 800x600.
Jan 24 2020 12:56am
Literally 1 set of stairs in bloody foothills later. So 3 GCs within a screen's length of each other, +SC, +set, +rune. Lol.
Out of all of it only thing I kept was the SC. Still cool though.

Went back to see how hard/slow it would be to kill act bosses again, in case I need to try some re-gearing.
I wasn't in danger against diablo at any point but he def took way too long to be worth it. Chaos itself wasn't bad though.
Nothing from the drops. Wish scepter was + convict, still haven't shopped one yet.
Have been checking constantly, lots of +fanat, +salv, +redemption (all the OTHER lvl 30 auras) but no convict.
Just adding +FOH for now and a bit of holy shock, so I'm only a few prereqs away from convict now and may start moving that direction at some point.

Mephy was actually much easier and definitely runnable. My durance map is really good too. Prolly won't rerun much for now cause I'm still cruising but if I start to struggle can definitely come back.

Jan 24 2020 01:02am

I'm ashamed to admit was still using the 5% ctc amp spear w/o basically any other mod on merc. So this isn't great but it's kinda an upgrade. Will get him something better (and with leach) soon.

Not useful for me but always thought this was a neat low lvl armor.

Also, never grabbed a screen (and forgot where I picked it up) but swapped for hsarus belt for cold res for act 5 and life.

Jan 24 2020 01:08am
Went back to kill shenk and eldritch and rerun them a few times. And this dropped :D

Helm upgrade.

All grey with a big spear.

Jan 24 2020 01:12am

Yes plz.

It's actually an upgrade, my fire worse than my CR right now. So swapped from hsarus to this.

Dats allota resist.
Other thing you'll notice is mana jumped from 110 to 239 - I just shopped a new wand with more (like +100 mana).
Still looking for my convict scepter, still failing.

Jan 24 2020 01:17am

An upgrade w/ the belt. The IAS and life leach don't do a lot for me TBH, but the + def and +str are nice

Cool but not an upgrade unfortunately.

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll