d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Retail Wow Vs Classic > Activity
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 3 2019 04:48pm
Quote (pluch002 @ 3 Dec 2019 23:12)
Classic is way better, pvp was great, pve was actually challenging, i.e taking months to clear a raid, not while raid done as soon as release as we saw with lich king. So much about vanilla was better.

raids took months to clear because everyone was terrible at the game, vanilla raids literally have 0 mechanics and were done within days of people hitting 60 in classic in green gear
pvp in classic equals being gangbanged by 3 rogues at flight points or spamming aoe spells in 52345235 vs 45234234 fights at raid entrances, the levels of skill required are out of this world... jk
oh god why are you all delusional :D

This post was edited by Cpt_Ghost on Dec 3 2019 04:48pm
Gold: 168.09
Dec 3 2019 09:42pm
Quote (Cpt_Ghost @ Dec 3 2019 05:48pm)
raids took months to clear because everyone was terrible at the game, vanilla raids literally have 0 mechanics and were done within days of people hitting 60 in classic in green gear
pvp in classic equals being gangbanged by 3 rogues at flight points or spamming aoe spells in 52345235 vs 45234234 fights at raid entrances, the levels of skill required are out of this world... jk
oh god why are you all delusional :D

I mean if that's how you play, go ahead lol. Rotate away LOL

Everyone terrible at the game? LOL ye okay, logical comment. You had to attune to get into raids, i.e gear up, save tokens via guild, etc.. vanilla is classic, wat you mean it took months to clear, then say fresh 60 in greens clearing mc LOL

This post was edited by pluch002 on Dec 3 2019 09:45pm
Gold: 65,865.00
Dec 3 2019 11:31pm
Quote (pluch002 @ Dec 3 2019 07:42pm)
I mean if that's how you play, go ahead lol. Rotate away LOL

Everyone terrible at the game? LOL ye okay, logical comment. You had to attune to get into raids, i.e gear up, save tokens via guild, etc.. vanilla is classic, wat you mean it took months to clear, then say fresh 60 in greens clearing mc LOL

He is comparing vanilla to classic

Vanilla = Original
Classic = 2019 Vanilla

Vanilla people took months to clear raids because it was new, people were much less skilled at gaming back then, less hardware etc etc
Classic people cleared MC within 6 days at level 55-60 in green gear

I've been 8/8 tier 1 /w rhok'delar maxed BIS until P3 for awhile now and we cleared rag in 1 phase with like 30 people, killed ony with 22 people. the game is really a joke

the only thing classic does better than retail is PvP.

This post was edited by AlphaofAlphas on Dec 3 2019 11:32pm
Gold: 16,378.27
Dec 4 2019 12:42am
Quote (AlphaofAlphas @ Dec 3 2019 07:31pm)
He is comparing vanilla to classic

Vanilla = Original
Classic = 2019 Vanilla

Vanilla people took months to clear raids because it was new, people were much less skilled at gaming back then, less hardware etc etc
Classic people cleared MC within 6 days at level 55-60 in green gear

I've been 8/8 tier 1 /w rhok'delar maxed BIS until P3 for awhile now and we cleared rag in 1 phase with like 30 people, killed ony with 22 people. the game is really a joke

the only thing classic does better than retail is PvP.

IDK how I got here but...

There were a lot of updates to the game, especially buffs to gear and a rework to the talent trees for every class that dramatically increased their effectiveness that occurred a little after halfway through the original release of classic that were available immediately in the recent re-release. I think a lot of those changes were good ones, and ofc they hotfixed a lot of unintended bugs/exploits, and they are releasing content faster than they did originally...

Anyway, I just wanted to point it out since everyone seems to be thinking that the original game was released exactly as it is now. Also PVP was best in mid-classic IMO, so that's where to go :) PVP started to feel more and more like pve once TBC came out, and only got worse with each expansion. I wouldn't know much about the population on retail ATM since I don't play it--I resubscribed to WoW only to play classic again, and there are a LOT of people playing :)
Gold: 3,007.00
Dec 5 2019 06:39am
Quote (pluch002 @ Dec 4 2019 09:12am)
Classic is way better, pvp was great, pve was actually challenging, i.e taking months to clear a raid, not while raid done as soon as release as we saw with lich king. So much about vanilla was better.

You didn't even play Vanilla. What are you talking about Lich King as soon as release? Heroic LK well over a month.
If you really think Classic is hard you suck just like a large amount of people who played Vanilla back in the day
Gold: 3,461.00
Dec 5 2019 08:55am
Quote (Cpt_Ghost @ Dec 1 2019 11:12am)
everything is stress free if you don't want to be better than everyone else

I went hardcore on BfA when it was released. It took them 4 fucking months to release new content. 4 F U C K I N G M O N T H S.

I got so dogshit bored. They don't even have flying released in that time. What the fuck is the point of having flying if I can't even use it.

What the fuck is this dogshit Legendary neckpieces that I spent months grinding just to have a catch up mechanic implemented when I come back a few months later

What the fuck is the point of having Titanforge + Warforged ETC. (It's a useless fucking mechanic meant to keep you playing more because it's rng and not skill based) Now its what Corruption LEL (Again stupid as hell)

Retail is shit because they let the game go to shit. It's still better in a lot of ways. But they seriously fucked up so much shit that it's actual dogshit now.

My Opinion. Now I 100% agree that people saying Classic is hardcore are also pretty dumb. MC is a joke. 10/10 but I'm also more interested in PVP i just do MC for gear.

/E forgot to verbally laugh at the new "Scenario" whatever that garbage you go collect some crystals. So bad. God so bad their "new" ideas are just rehashed / stolen shit that is actual crap. Whens the last time they even came out with anything creative or good.

This post was edited by Icecold_666 on Dec 5 2019 08:57am
Gold: 0.00
Dec 5 2019 11:22am
Quote (Icecold_666 @ 5 Dec 2019 15:55)
I went hardcore on BfA when it was released. It took them 4 fucking months to release new content. 4 F U C K I N G M O N T H S.

I got so dogshit bored. They don't even have flying released in that time. What the fuck is the point of having flying if I can't even use it.

What the fuck is this dogshit Legendary neckpieces that I spent months grinding just to have a catch up mechanic implemented when I come back a few months later

What the fuck is the point of having Titanforge + Warforged ETC. (It's a useless fucking mechanic meant to keep you playing more because it's rng and not skill based) Now its what Corruption LEL (Again stupid as hell)

Retail is shit because they let the game go to shit. It's still better in a lot of ways. But they seriously fucked up so much shit that it's actual dogshit now.

My Opinion. Now I 100% agree that people saying Classic is hardcore are also pretty dumb. MC is a joke. 10/10 but I'm also more interested in PVP i just do MC for gear.

/E forgot to verbally laugh at the new "Scenario" whatever that garbage you go collect some crystals. So bad. God so bad their "new" ideas are just rehashed / stolen shit that is actual crap. Whens the last time they even came out with anything creative or good.

bfa is crap, can't argue with that, but at least they are experimenting with shit, shadowlands actually looks good so far
Gold: 3,461.00
Dec 5 2019 11:30am
Quote (Cpt_Ghost @ Dec 5 2019 12:22pm)
bfa is crap, can't argue with that, but at least they are experimenting with shit, shadowlands actually looks good so far

From what I've seen, which is not much. It does seems somewhat interesting. I just really hope they get rid of some of these banes and don't wait forever to release new content.

Gold: 2,888.88
Dec 6 2019 11:17am
Quote (Japrone @ Dec 1 2019 01:29pm)
Inspecting people with titanforged max ilvl raid finder gear is fun
Like Alpha said, if they removed alot of casual play from retail.
Like maybe adding server specfically for those that want to play on another level.

2.3% of current players are 8/8M. 1.6% of players are rated 2400 or higher. .7% of players have done M+25 in time.

WoW retail is not casual. You're just playing the wrong parts of it. Retail is harder than anything Vanilla and TBC ever produced outside of pre-nerf Sunwell that literally nobody finished.
Gold: 2,888.88
Dec 6 2019 11:19am
Quote (Cpt_Ghost @ Dec 5 2019 12:22pm)

I'll argue with that.

Quote (KefkaPalazzo @ Dec 6 2019 12:17pm)
2.3% of current players are 8/8M. 1.6% of players are rated 2400 or higher. .7% of players have done M+25 in time.

WoW retail is not casual. You're just playing the wrong parts of it. Retail is harder than anything Vanilla and TBC ever produced outside of pre-nerf Sunwell that literally nobody finished.

Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll