d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo 4 Can Never Be Good Becaise Of Consoles
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 55.01
Nov 20 2019 12:25am
Look at Diablo 2 no consoles in sight and its just a PC game and the game turned out to be goat. Look at Diablo 3, the game was catered towards console players and the game turned out to be crap. All the different game rooms/stat/skill builds/runes words are harder to do on console so it was dumbed down for cookier cutter builds/set armors. PVP will be the most dull thing ever because you can't lock with mouse. Imagine dueling with hotkeys made for controllers. I get that Blizzard is a business but Diablo 4 can never be good b/c will be catered towards console players. Diablo 4 will just be like every other pvm game what is the point in playing it.

Also David kim ruined starcraft now Diablo is next.

This post was edited by thenewsheriffintown on Nov 20 2019 12:51am
Gold: 13.37
Nov 20 2019 01:52am
csb
Gold: 482.40
Nov 20 2019 02:00am
well if they made the game with pc in mind and dont even think about console until its time to port it thats fine

also i doubt even blizz north would of made another diablo where every player has teleport. i think its possible to make a good diablo pvp without everyone having teleport. i mean i doubt d4 will have good pvp but yea i think its possible. i mention this because you mentioned locking on players with mouse.

This post was edited by BlizzNorth on Nov 20 2019 02:03am
Gold: 8,013.34
Nov 20 2019 04:33am
I think this time they will do theirs best and much as they are allowed, if D4 still turns out bad(no trading etc) then just simply get ready for a funeral because that will be sign that Blizzard as it was once is dying.
Gold: 28,300.00
Nov 20 2019 05:07am
Quote (thenewsheriffintown @ Nov 19 2019 10:25pm)
Look at Diablo 2 no consoles in sight and its just a PC game and the game turned out to be goat. Look at Diablo 3, the game was catered towards console players and the game turned out to be crap. All the different game rooms/stat/skill builds/runes words are harder to do on console so it was dumbed down for cookier cutter builds/set armors. PVP will be the most dull thing ever because you can't lock with mouse. Imagine dueling with hotkeys made for controllers. I get that Blizzard is a business but Diablo 4 can never be good b/c will be catered towards console players. Diablo 4 will just be like every other pvm game what is the point in playing it.

This is a perfect example of confirmation bias
Gold: 5.50
Nov 20 2019 05:08am
Quote (thenewsheriffintown @ 20 Nov 2019 09:25)

You should know Diablo 1 was a console game. And I still think it is better than Diablo 2 in some aspects.
Also in general it is not about consoles but about amount of dev time Blizzard want to invest. If they want they came implement w/e different mechanics for different platforms.
Nov 20 2019 05:10am
Quote (Fankytore @ Nov 20 2019 02:33am)
I think this time they will do theirs best and much as they are allowed, if D4 still turns out bad(no trading etc) then just simply get ready for a funeral because that will be sign that Blizzard as it was once is dying.

Sign of blizzard dying? You mean Activision Blizzard? Which publishes over 200 games and earned $10 billion in revenue?

Yeah, diablo is probably do or die for their entire business and all of the investors that hold their shares. Good point
Nov 20 2019 05:12am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Nov 20 2019 03:08am)
You should know Diablo 1 was a console game. And I still think it is better than Diablo 2 in some aspects.
Also in general it is not about consoles but about amount of dev time Blizzard want to invest. If they want they came implement w/e different mechanics for different platforms.

Yeah exactly. OP is actually completely ignorant. Perfect example of confirmation bias.
Gold: Locked
Nov 20 2019 06:34am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Nov 20 2019 06:08am)

This is a an apples to oranges comparison with what the OP was alluding to.

Diablo 1 was a game designed for PC.

2 years after the initial release it was ported to PS1. Idk if you played the port, but it was very bad by today's standards. It was clear when playing that the game was not designed to be played on console.

This is like saying that starcraft was a n64 game just because it was ported to n64. While they did their best porting SC to N64, it was still painfully clear that the game was not intended to be played any way other than mouse+keyboard.

If Diablo 1 and Starcraft were designed with console in mind first, and pc in mind second they would've both been very different games.

While the OP might be exaggerating a tad bit, he has a valid point that blizzard designing these games around how they play on console is very bad for the game when played on PC.

This post was edited by Tommy_The_Boy on Nov 20 2019 06:36am
Gold: 1,640.00
Nov 20 2019 09:25am
When diablo 3 was released it was only on pc for a year or two before they even announced a console port
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll