d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo 4 Can Never Be Good Becaise Of Consoles
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 632.75
Nov 20 2019 10:16pm
Quote (JayDub @ Nov 20 2019 10:25am)
When diablo 3 was released it was only on pc for a year or two before they even announced a console port

Yea they were just as surprised about releasing a console as us

They dont make future plans at all mhmm yea

Most dlc/expansions for games are decided before the game is released, they know it will be an easy money grab

Dont kid yourself about this one

E/ not saying I completely agree with OP though, just saying if you're going to have a console game vs pc they better be distinct, or else you are hurting the other

This post was edited by Ramy on Nov 20 2019 10:25pm
Gold: 135.00
Nov 22 2019 04:45am
amen
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 60%
Nov 22 2019 07:29am
yeah i agree it will ruin the game completely being able to play it on a controller they would have to make it a stupid key masher game like diablo 3 using the joysticks to roll around :wacko:
defeats the purpose of the arpg camera angel, may as well make it 3rd person hack n slash then it cant even be called diablo

Gold: 135.00
Nov 22 2019 08:23am
Agreed
Gold: 28,300.00
Nov 22 2019 12:28pm
Quote (Haj @ Nov 20 2019 07:27pm)
do u honestly think they just went "ohh lets release for consoles aswell" out of the blue? ofc it was allways the plan and everyone knows that lol, just common facts

i did say go look it up if u want but u guys dont read - not gonna provide evidence if u dont believe it i dont care lol

as for the cooldown skill bar thing people just dont see the problem i guess because they like the skill bar lol

you already did the research, just post it.

Gold: 0.00
Nov 22 2019 04:07pm
cool story

This post was edited by heyey on Nov 22 2019 04:07pm
Gold: 1,640.00
Nov 22 2019 05:09pm
do u honestly think they just went "ohh lets release for consoles aswell" out of the blue? ofc it was allways the plan and everyone knows that lol, just common facts

i did say go look it up if u want but u guys dont read - not gonna provide evidence if u dont believe it i dont care lol

as for the cooldown skill bar thing people just dont see the problem i guess because they like the skill bar lol

I would imagine it was more likely that they developed d3 for pc and maybe console depending on the pc sales, which would explain the year delay of the console release, time to see how the game was received, and port it to console. But I doubt the game was designed from the ground up in any major way for console. If you think about it aside from a couple obscure ports (d1 and I hear they ported starcraft) blizzard released only pc games up until diablo 3.
Nov 22 2019 06:43pm
Quote (JayDub @ Nov 22 2019 06:09pm)
I would imagine it was more likely that they developed d3 for pc and maybe console depending on the pc sales, which would explain the year delay of the console release, time to see how the game was received, and port it to console. But I doubt the game was designed from the ground up in any major way for console. If you think about it aside from a couple obscure ports (d1 and I hear they ported starcraft) blizzard released only pc games up until diablo 3.

yes, this lol. they wouldn't delay console by 1.5 yrs if it was designed console-first.

it was designed pc-first in mind, with portability + new distribution opportunities as a secondary thought.

post your research so we can see what you're talking about.

This post was edited by MidWinter on Nov 22 2019 06:44pm
Gold: 666.00
Nov 23 2019 08:30am
Quote (MidWinter @ Nov 20 2019 03:12am)
Yeah exactly. OP is actually completely ignorant. Perfect example of confirmation bias.

OP has a valid opinion as most Diablo fans especially in these forums disliked D3 and are afraid of another bust. You should be open to other viewpoints and discuss issues rather than attack the critic's character, which makes anything they have to say invalid. Essentially what you're trying to do here is have a one-sided discussion in which you act as the sole arbiter of truth and dispenser of information while expecting everyone else to listen passively as an empty vessel to be filled with information, which is much less of a discussion and more of a lecture. I can closely relate this to small-man syndrome.

Hence why I never really had any energy to discuss anything with you, but it now irks me that you are toxic to this community.

This post was edited by Confidence on Nov 23 2019 08:31am
Nov 23 2019 12:47pm
Quote (Confidence @ Nov 23 2019 09:30am)
OP has a valid opinion as most Diablo fans especially in these forums disliked D3 and are afraid of another bust. You should be open to other viewpoints and discuss issues rather than attack the critic's character, which makes anything they have to say invalid. Essentially what you're trying to do here is have a one-sided discussion in which you act as the sole arbiter of truth and dispenser of information while expecting everyone else to listen passively as an empty vessel to be filled with information, which is much less of a discussion and more of a lecture. I can closely relate this to small-man syndrome.

Hence why I never really had any energy to discuss anything with you, but it now irks me that you are toxic to this community.

Not sure if you actually read any exchanges, similar to our other thread. But how was d3 “catered to console players”?

If you look at the other thread, most of my posts were directed at having a discussion. I listed a bunch of games and asked for your opinion. And you said I’m mad.

I think you’re projecting a bit, bud.

Quote (Confidence @ Nov 21 2019 12:56pm)
Tell me a good pvp game you recommend

Quote (MidWinter @ Nov 21 2019 01:05pm)
That’s completely dependent on your idea of what constitutes skill and how that translates to a good game.

Pure skill/no gear: For Honor
Mechanics+Macro: League of Legends
Skill+Gear: Classic WoW Arena
Matchups+Skill: Battlerite
Similarities to D2 Pvp: Asheron’s Call
Long list of shooters and RTS

If you’re looking for a straight list of games that have similar pvp mechanics to d2, I could probably pull that as well. But you’re in a minority that thinks d2 has the best pvp of all games over the last 20 yeads

Quote (MidWinter @ Nov 21 2019 01:26pm)
Keep in mind how exhaustive player-imposed rules are in d2pvp. Which spells/auras/sorbs/etc are allowed. What is considered gm vs bm. These are necessary because lack of developer (Blizzard) balance. Skill is subject to artificial rules in d2 which drives disagreement about skill constantly.

I mentioned this above as well, but exploiting glitches is a massive part of d2 pvp as well. WSG/str bug/desynch were never intended to be part of the game.

Quote (Confidence @ Nov 21 2019 01:50pm)
played all. D2 >

Some of these games are just stupid.

You make yourself look really stupid. Which of us is not trying to have a discussion here?

This post was edited by MidWinter on Nov 23 2019 12:55pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll