d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Impeachment Hearings
Prev1141142143144145199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.93
Dec 4 2019 11:21pm
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 5 2019 04:19pm)
When I was fairly young...say the mid 70's, there was a commercial with a jingle that started: "my dog's bigger than your dog". I think it was an Oscar Mayer Wiener commercial.

I am almost tempted to fly to LA to get a football frank, my god i miss those :(
Not found in my country.
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 5 2019 12:01am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Dec 5 2019 12:21am)
I am almost tempted to fly to LA to get a football frank, my god i miss those :(
Not found in my country.

/e I dunno if you can get this stuff down under, but the closest hot dog to a baseball or football hot dog is like this..

Start with Ballpark Franks (NOT the beef kind) you want the plain Franks (made with chicken and pork), and get some Ballpark Frank hot dog buns.

Directions for an 1100w microwave.

Nuke the buns for 15-20 seconds depending how fresh they are. Take them out
Nuke two of the hot dogs for 1 min 10 sec. While the dogs are nuking open the buns and put the mustard on. When the dogs are done, add them to the buns and eat.

I've spent 20 years, researching and perfecting this. Really.

/ee I've tried grilling, boiling, frying and nuking every brand there is. The directions I gave will give you a TRUE ballpark like hotdog.

P.S. Ballpark sells slightly longer hot dogs called "bun length" don't use those, they don't work right.

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 5 2019 12:17am
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 5 2019 01:03am
Quote (Greet @ 5 Dec 2019 05:26)
Oh one more note, the GOP jumping on the 'attacks' on Trumps son is hilarious. That was no attack, there was nothing negative said.... that was incredibly overblown

Lol?!

The witness was clearly implying that "Barron" is a silly, pompous first name.

Quote (Plaguefear @ 5 Dec 2019 05:09)
Already answered that, its not up to me to fix the woes of society, i cast my vote for that.
Always put your family first.

Ah, so you're one of those typical privileged limousine liberals who vote for liberal or green parties to silence their conscience. Not that I'm surprised in the slightest, but good to have it confirmed.

Quote (Plaguefear @ 5 Dec 2019 04:51)
As i said, bitter, poor and jealous.
Stop back tracking, you said trailer or shack, i posted $640,000 home.

Isnt Sidney one of the most expensive cities in the world? No offense, but I highly doubt that one can buy a good house in a good neighborhood in Sidney for 640k AUD. Either the house is a shack, or the neighborhood is shabby, or the house lies in an exurb where you'd have a 2hour (one-way) commute.

In my city, a single-family house in a good but not posh neighborhood costs upwards of €1m (1.6m AU'D). Even a 35qm² apartment/condo goes for €300k or so. (Lots of students and young professionals here, so the demand for small apartments is particularly high.)

Dec 5 2019 01:06am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 5 2019 06:03pm)
Lol?!

The witness was clearly implying that "Barron" is a silly, pompous first name.

Ah, so you're one of those typical privileged limousine liberals who vote for liberal or green parties to silence their conscience. Not that I'm surprised in the slightest, but good to have it confirmed.

Isnt Sidney one of the most expensive cities in the world? No offense, but I highly doubt that one can buy a good house in a good neighborhood in Sidney for 640k AUD. Either the house is a shack, or the neighborhood is shabby, or the house lies in an exurb where you'd have a 2hour (one-way) commute.

In my city, a single-family house in a good but not posh neighborhood costs upwards of €1m (1.6m AU'D). Even a 35qm² apartment/condo goes for €300k or so. (Lots of students and young professionals here, so the demand for small apartments is particularly high.)

Nah i am one who came from a slum and made something of myself so i know how hard it is for the worst off so i will vote to better their lives when i can.
I also need to look out for myself, its a dog eat dog world.

Sydney is a state capital, the capital of australia is canberra, i believe sydney is top three most expensive cities on earth.
Houses do not really exist in sydney, only on the outskirts.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Dec 5 2019 01:08am
Dec 5 2019 01:14am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 5 Dec 2019 08:06)
Nah i am one who came from a slum and made something of myself so i know how hard it is for the worst off so i will vote to better their lives when i can.
I also need to look out for myself, its a dog eat dog world.

I see. Well, it's certainly more noble than voting for selfish, scumbag rightwing parties who wouldnt raise your taxes. ;)
Still, I think it's kinda lazy when someone wants to see change, but all he does for it is cast a vote for progressive parties.
As the saying goes: "be the change you want to see in the world". For example, couldnt you open up a firm with all your oil money and provide jobs to a couple of poor fellows and their families?

Sydney is a state capital, the capital of australia is canberra, i believe sydney is top three most expensive cities on earth.

Uh... :unsure: Fuck me, why the hell did I think of Sidney? :bonk:
Normally, I'm great at geography/knowing capitals and country key figures.

But ok, so I wasnt wrong when I thought that in a good neighborhood of Sidney, $640k would perhaps be enough to buy a garage, but not much more than that, right?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 5 2019 01:15am
Dec 5 2019 01:21am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 5 2019 06:14pm)
I see. Well, it's certainly more noble than voting for selfish, scumbag rightwing parties who wouldnt raise your taxes. ;)
Still, I think it's kinda lazy when someone wants to see change, but all he does for it is cast a vote for progressive parties.
As the saying goes: "be the change you want to see in the world". For example, couldnt you open up a firm with all your oil money and provide jobs to a couple of poor fellows and their families?

Uh... :unsure: Fuck me, why the hell did I think of Sidney? :bonk:
Normally, I'm great at geography/knowing capitals and country key figures.

But ok, so I wasnt wrong when I thought that in a good neighborhood of Sidney, $640k would perhaps be enough to buy a garage, but not much more than that, right?

A small shed in bad condition on a regular sized block sold for 1.4 million in sydney recently.
640k in sydney will not actually buy anything.
I had a business, i gave it away when it became too much like work lol.
Jumping castles, was fun for a while.

https://www.domain.com.au/2706-68-market-street-sydney-nsw-2000-2015835150
1 bedroom 1 bathroom in sydney, 1.25 million.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Dec 5 2019 01:30am
Dec 5 2019 01:51am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 5 Dec 2019 08:21)
A small shed in bad condition on a regular sized block sold for 1.4 million in sydney recently.
640k in sydney will not actually buy anything.
I had a business, i gave it away when it became too much like work lol.
Jumping castles, was fun for a while.

https://www.domain.com.au/2706-68-market-street-sydney-nsw-2000-2015835150
1 bedroom 1 bathroom in sydney, 1.25 million.

Well, that apartment has an extraordinarily central location, and looks very upscale:

According to that site, 1 bedroom apartments in Sidney go for a median price of $720k. Which is still super fucking expensive, but substantially lower than 1.25m. ;)

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 5 2019 01:52am
Dec 5 2019 02:11am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 5 2019 06:51pm)
Well, that apartment has an extraordinarily central location, and looks very upscale:
https://i.imgur.com/vDkgJJy.jpg

According to that site, 1 bedroom apartments in Sidney go for a median price of $720k. Which is still super fucking expensive, but substantially lower than 1.25m. ;)

Hard to describe but generally when locals talk about sydney its like pure cbd, everything else is the suburbs like blacktown but yeah there are cheaper options that no one can afford still :D
Gold: 22,189.49
Dec 5 2019 03:12am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 4 2019 08:52am)
Schiff pulled the call records for Giuliani and Parnas. It revealed they were in contact with Sekulow, White House, OMB, Nunes, and Solomon as this scheme was going down. Part of the story is how they fed information to Solomon in order to trash the ambassador to get her fired. I don't see anything wrong with revealing that.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/schiffs-surveillance-state-11575506091
http://archive.is/sS89p
From the WSJ editorial board;

Schiff’s Surveillance State

The Democrat demands, and then discloses, the call logs of his opponents.

Democrats are trying to convince Americans that President Trump should be ousted for trying to “dig up dirt” on a rival. They’d have more credibility if they didn’t abuse their surveillance powers for drive-by smears of Republicans and a free press.
Adam Schiff’s 300-page House Intelligence impeachment report doesn’t include much new about Mr. Trump’s Ukrainian interventions. But it does disclose details of telephone calls between ranking Intelligence Republican Devin Nunes, Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, reporter John Solomon, former Giuliani associate Lev Parnas, the White House, and others. The details are “metadata” about the numbers and length of the calls, not the content.
The impeachment press is playing this as if the calls are a new part of the scandal, but the real outrage here is Mr. Schiff’s snooping on political opponents. The Democrat’s motive appears to be an attempt to portray Mr. Nunes, a presidential defender and Mr. Schiff’s leading antagonist in Congress, as part of a conspiracy to commit impeachable offenses.
“It is, I think, deeply concerning, that at a time when the President of the United States was using the power of his office to dig up dirt on a political rival, that there may be evidence that there were members of Congress complicit in that activity,” Mr. Schiff told the press on Tuesday. Complicit in what? Doing his job of Congressional oversight? Talking to Mr. Trump’s lawyer to get a complete view of the Ukrainian tale? Apparently Mr. Schiff now wants to impeach Members of Congress too.
This is unprecedented and looks like an abuse of government surveillance authority for partisan gain. Democrats were caught using the Steele dossier to coax the FBI into snooping on the 2016 Trump campaign. Now we have elected members of Congress using secret subpoenas to obtain, and then release to the public, the call records of political opponents.
Our sources says Mr. Schiff issued a subpoena in September to AT&T, demanding call logs for five numbers—including Mr. Giuliani’s. Subsequent subpoenas to AT&T and Verizon demanded more details. Republicans were told of the subpoenas, yet under rules of committee secrecy couldn’t raise public objections.
Readers may recall that only a few years ago Democrats were in high dudgeon over the executive branch’s collection of metadata against terrorists. They claimed the National Security Agency was “spying” on Americans, and in 2015 Congress barred NSA from collecting bulk domestic metadata. Federal investigators must offer legitimate reasons to obtain metadata from telecom companies, and they are subject to restrictions on divulging it.
Yet here the companies appear to have handed over metadata based on little more than Mr. Schiff’s say-so—and in AT&T’s case in response to a request that was made before the House began a formal impeachment inquiry.
AT&T released a statement Wednesday saying it is “required by law to provide information to government and law enforcement agencies.” But AT&T can question the validity of subpoenas in court—and had grounds to do so given the highly political nature of these requests. Then again, maybe it felt it had no choice. We’ll leave it to legal experts to decide whether a powerful Congressman’s demands of a highly regulated company are extortion.
Mr. Schiff’s metadata disclosures hardly bear on his impeachment case. Mr. Giuliani had broadcast to the world that he wanted Ukraine to investigate Hunter and Joe Biden, but he is also Mr. Trump’s personal attorney. Does Mr. Schiff have a legal opinion saying he could ignore attorney-client privilege? Mr. Schiff published a select log of Mr. Giuliani’s calls, but he presumably has a record of everyone Mr. Giuliani spoke to for months. Imagine the political outrage if Republicans had snooped on Bill Clinton’s attorneys.
Mr. Schiff’s accusations against Mr. Nunes are even more suspect. The Democrat doesn’t know the content of Mr. Nunes’s conversations, and the Republican says he believes his spring talks with Mr. Giuliani related to the Mueller report. Mr. Nunes can speak to whomever he likes, and Mr. Schiff has no authority to investigate fellow Members. Since Mr. Schiff is going to release the call logs of Republicans, can we see the logs of his calls with the impeachment press—and, by the way, with any whistleblowers?
The press corps might also notice that Mr. Schiff’s targets include one of their own—Mr. Solomon, who was until recently a columnist at The Hill and whose reporting called attention to Ukraine’s involvement in the 2016 election. How is Mr. Solomon’s reporting trail relevant to impeachment? The media usually condemn government officials who use surveillance to track and intimidate the media, but here they are cheering Mr. Schiff on.
Mr. Schiff’s extraordinary and secret plunge into metadata, followed by its gratuitous public disclosure, is one more example of the partisan score-settling that motivates this impeachment exercise. In the cause of impeaching Donald Trump, anything goes.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 5 2019 03:48am
Some article (not an "opinion" article...)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment/law-professors-in-impeachment-inquiry-slam-trump-actions-idUSKBN1Y817H?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

---------------------

And this:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-official-trump-full-senate-trial-live/story?id=67502822

Joe Biden says he will not appear at Senate impeachment trial despite demands from White House official

"No, I’m not going to let them take their eye off the ball," Biden said outside a campaign event in Iowa Falls, Iowa, on Wednesday afternoon. "The president is the one who has committed impeachable crimes, and I’m not going to let him divert from that. I’m not going to let anyone divert from that."

hehe...

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Dec 5 2019 03:53am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1141142143144145199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll