d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Automation
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 14 2019 08:23am
Quote (Jupe @ Nov 14 2019 09:12am)
I conveniently tried to make it not seem like that don't call me out???

its ok i'll design the next conveyor to require someone there to tape a box flap down so you can stay on doing that for 8 hours a day. but i'll add a sensor that only emits a sound so that your supervisor forbids you from wearing any kind of headphones. and it will be tall enough that you can't sit on a chair to do your job. your welcome.
Gold: 2,420.00
Nov 14 2019 08:38am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 14 2019 09:23am)
its ok i'll design the next conveyor to require someone there to tape a box flap down so you can stay on doing that for 8 hours a day. but i'll add a sensor that only emits a sound so that your supervisor forbids you from wearing any kind of headphones. and it will be tall enough that you can't sit on a chair to do your job. your welcome.

Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 14 2019 08:40am
Quote (Jupe @ Nov 14 2019 09:38am)

you're right that's not good enough. i'll make it tall enough that u have to just slightly stand on your tip toes all day or wear high heels. ty feedback m8
Gold: 2,420.00
Nov 14 2019 08:41am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 14 2019 09:40am)
you're right that's not good enough. i'll make it tall enough that u have to just slightly stand on your tip toes all day or wear high heels. ty feedback m8

thats kinda hot
Gold: 260.11
Nov 14 2019 08:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 14 2019 08:40am)

the purest essence of lawful evil
Gold: 57.00
Nov 14 2019 08:58am
Quote (Jupe @ 14 Nov 2019 09:12)
I conveniently tried to make it not seem like that don't call me out???

lol “why u post on me bro”

Gold: 0.00
Dec 19 2019 04:58pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 01:13pm)
i'm a mechanical designer and project manager at an automation company. what is it that i wouldn't understand about the topic? no need to type an essay, just a general topic would suffice.

r/murderedbywords
Gold: Locked
Dec 19 2019 05:06pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Nov 14 2019 02:31am)
People like being exploited if it can be sold to them as empowerment and purpose.

As someone surrounded by the SJW community, can vouch this hard as FUCK.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 19 2019 06:04pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 22 2019 08:34pm)
We haven't had a solid Yang Gang post in a while, so let's hop to it.

171 years ago, in 1848, Karl Marx accurately predicted our modern era of automation, artificial intelligence, and the solutions as prescribed by our beloved Democratic hopeful Andrew Yang.

Marx was no opponent of automation. In fact, he accurately describes it as a necessary stage in capitalist development on the road toward communism. He didn't care for folklore tales like John Henry; Marx was rooting for the steam drill.

Below are excerpts from 'The Fragment on Machines' which can be read in full here: http://thenewobjectivity.com/pdf/marx.pdf

This is still a bit ahead of its time even today, as all workers haven't completely transitioned into mere "conscious linkages" assisting the AI run machines.

Marx extols the replacement of the worker in the capital system by machines.

Marx admits here that the labor theory of value ends when the automated future arrives.

And we see this happening all around us today. Hours and benefits are being cut wherever possible by those who currently control capital in order to maximize their accumulation of capital, but as demand drives economic production and demand relies wholly on labor being compensated for time, the economy is grinding to a halt at the bottom even as economic indicators at the top indicate extreme health. Eventually the entire system will end itself. Automation is an accelerant.

Marx does lay out a utopian view of how this all ends,

How we arrive there is a choice that our current generation will likely have to make. Either violent revolution and mass social upheaval will occur as the capital system grinds to a halt, or we embrace the end point as soon as possible and start paying out a Universal Basic Income that gradually increases until the machines have supplanted labor in its entirety.

My family stands by the immediate objectives of candidate Yang. Where does yours stand?

i'm late to the party. "i" believe automation has to be restricted in the workforce. i do not believe you can rely on government/corporations unless they are relying on you. a move to a fully automated workforce would strip any value our lives hold.

i wanted to talk about this in my upcoming policy thread. i'm still thinking it over and have some research to do on it but...
i think the only way to prevent this is, a combo of a tax relief to companies using people instead of automatons, and a VAT placed on using automated labor. there would have to be restrictions to both, but the idea is to make automation less profitable. (at least in certain sectors)
things may change as space travel and (hopefully) colonization of other planets become more relevant.

someone around here carries the quote around on sig, but it fits here.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler—Albert Einstein
Gold: 10.77
Dec 19 2019 06:17pm
Why do you equate working menial jobs under glowing fluorescent lights with "meaning" rather than comprehending that a life of liberty without artificial scarcity would be far more meaningful?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll