d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Automation
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Oct 23 2019 10:31am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Oct 23 2019 04:34am)
You are turning things so dramatically OP, in fact, in practice, the automation progress is not instant and several generations of humans already adapted to it.
What could be important, however, is a constant social support for professional training & education, better regulation to protect workers...
If your gang band Yang only offers flat and stupid money then it's just wrong and A PLAIN STUPID WASTE.

Why are people so obsessed with work? Leisure and pursuit of personal objectives are our human heritage. Our objective in building the machines and an AI god to watch over the planet should be liberty, not slavery to work.
Gold: 5.00
Oct 23 2019 11:12am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 23 2019 11:31am)
Why are people so obsessed with work? Leisure and pursuit of personal objectives are our human heritage. Our objective in building the machines and an AI god to watch over the planet should be liberty, not slavery to work.

Many people find happiness being able to obsesses and pursue 'work' that aligns with their personal objectives, you make it seem mutually exclusive. If Yang's hand outs can elevate the average Joe worker to pursue or even create work in the vein they enjoy, I'm 100% for it. I don't mind putting in 60+ hours into something I'm highly motivated about, but grinding a 40 at a 'job' is a waste of human potential and where Automation should be IMO. The transition will be rough for some people with job entitlement syndrome, and Yang's hand out could provide the relief for those people as well as to increase innovative entrepreneurial types trying out ideas.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Oct 23 2019 11:13am
Oct 23 2019 11:21am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Oct 23 2019 10:12am)
Many people find happiness being able to obsesses and pursue 'work' that aligns with their personal objectives, you make it seem mutually exclusive. If Yang's hand outs can elevate the average Joe worker to pursue or even create work in the vein they enjoy, I'm 100% for it. I don't mind putting in 60+ hours into something I'm highly motivated about, but grinding a 40 at a 'job' is a waste of human potential and where Automation should be IMO. The transition will be rough for some people with job entitlement syndrome, and Yang's hand out could provide the relief for those people as well as to increase innovative entrepreneurial types trying out ideas.

This is what I'm talking about. Grinding away at a job only to have the value of your productive labor stolen away by lazy, ineffective managers and an owner class that does nothing at all except soak up the value and live leisurely lives... well, it's economic slavery. Our intention should be to liberate humanity from this arrangement. I put in 60 to over 100 hours a week regularly, but I own my own consulting business. I was only able to start doing this back in 2008 (after a decade of laboring my life away in the American workforce) when a near life-ending accident and a decent insurance settlement gave me the ability to pursue my dreams rather than waste my life toiling away for someone elses. But people shouldn't pray for a van to smash into their motorcycle and break half the bones in their body just so they can leave the workforce. UBI is a much better solution.
Gold: 5.00
Oct 23 2019 11:40am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 23 2019 12:21pm)
This is what I'm talking about. Grinding away at a job only to have the value of your productive labor stolen away by lazy, ineffective managers and an owner class that does nothing at all except soak up the value and live leisurely lives... well, it's economic slavery. Our intention should be to liberate humanity from this arrangement. I put in 60 to over 100 hours a week regularly, but I own my own consulting business. I was only able to start doing this back in 2008 (after a decade of laboring my life away in the American workforce) when a near life-ending accident and a decent insurance settlement gave me the ability to pursue my dreams rather than waste my life toiling away for someone elses. But people shouldn't pray for a van to smash into their motorcycle and break half the bones in their body just so they can leave the workforce. UBI is a much better solution.

Happy you made the best of your circumstance! I rolled the dice on selling my house, building DIY a THOW, and remote software consulting. Never been happier and the increased cashflow has been real nice. Before that, cashflow was being soaked up by debts, mortgage, and high cost of living in dense city. Rural living is WAYYY cheaper, and a farmer collects some extra $$ instead of Banksters. 3-5 year big ambitious plans are actually financially feasible now without having to pay a Bankster for their money and set back other plans.

I don't think UBI would last long unless other issues such as materialism, large living, and debt culture are addressed as well. Otherwise the existing culture and institutions will soak it up until it dies. In my case, just addressing materialism, large living, cost of living, and debt has significantly improved my life. Leaving all those as they were and getting UBI would have been nice, but not addressing the larger trap I was in. Thank god housing market buy/sell timing for me was really favorable.

Gold: 65,076.75
Oct 23 2019 11:41am
ITT... you see who has a no critical thought
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 23 2019 11:44am
Quote (Duckling @ Oct 23 2019 12:41pm)
ITT... you see who has a no critical thought

be specific cupcake.
Oct 23 2019 12:20pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 10:44am)
be specific cupcake.

He’s referring to himself. He’s sad that he has no ability to think critically and he’s reaching out to our community for loving support.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2019 12:22pm
Agreed with red winter and ink as always. It's refreshing to see opinions I strongly agree with on this sf sometimes
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 23 2019 12:24pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 23 2019 01:20pm)
He’s referring to himself. He’s sad that he has no ability to think critically and he’s reaching out to our community for loving support.

but Duckling is known for having such nuanced views. he'd NEVER jump into a thread just to snipe vaguely petty insults, not never, no no, not that guy. :rolleyes:
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 23 2019 01:05pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 23 Oct 2019 18:31)

The "freedom" these people are expecting is to swap between TV channels while drinking beer or to buy mass polluting shit gadgets. And optionally to vote for the wrong person.
Try to find something else.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll