d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Official Philadelphia 76ers Discussion Thread > The Future 2019-20 Nba Champions
Prev12345136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 22 2019 08:07am
They were never the same after losing jordan.
Gold: 22,821.00
Oct 22 2019 08:35am
can't wait for the back peddle on this thread
Oct 22 2019 08:35am
Quote (ManMythLegend @ Oct 22 2019 10:07am)
They were never the same after losing jordan.

wut

Quote (MigNado @ Oct 22 2019 10:35am)
can't wait for the back peddle on this thread

So will you be here talking when they have a lot of success this season, again?

Probably not, you'll prob go MIA and not post here again.

It has been fun talking to you.
Gold: 22,821.00
Oct 22 2019 08:44am
Quote (Sixers @ Oct 22 2019 07:35am)
wut

So will you be here talking when they have a lot of success this season, again?

Probably not, you'll prob go MIA and not post here again.

It has been fun talking to you.

Last season was the only season you had a chance to sniff the Finals. With the loss of Butler you don't have a clutch shooter. And I wont ever go MIA. I'll miss you too much.
Oct 22 2019 08:51am
Quote (MigNado @ Oct 22 2019 10:44am)
Last season was the only season you had a chance to sniff the Finals. With the loss of Butler you don't have a clutch shooter. And I wont ever go MIA. I'll miss you too much.

The Jiimmy Butler narrative is so overplayed though. Big fish in a little pond. He wasn't fit to be the #3 or even at times #4 option as we saw last year, he wants to be THE guy and that wasn't what he would get here.

Josh Richardson isn't Jimmy Butler, but he's a really good (and much younger) two way player who embraces the role and literally doesn't want/need to be THE guy. He fits nicely as that 4th/5th option after being the #1 guy on Miami last year, able to be a 3&D guy (i.e. Covington but better offensively) while not causing drama, demanding the ball or needing the ball to succeed (like Butler did). Butler is a star no doubt, but that was too many mouths to feed and too many guys that thought they were the #1. At least now we have a loaded lineup but guys know their place and aren't arguing with it which is key.

Plus, if the Sixers are going to win a Championship it's not going to be on the back of someone like Jimmy Butler. It's on the back of Embiid and Simmons, and they have a good cast around them now that actually knows their place and won't fight with the desire to be the #1 guy. Simmons has to continue to advance his game, he improved his efficiency as a scorer last year and now we all know he needs to add a little range and take that next step. I think Simmons will certainly flirt with 20 PPG this year.

The move to get Josh Richardson was one of the most underrated moves of the off-season. He's going to have such a big impact on this team, even if his raw scoring drops due to his reduced touches on a much better team now.

This post was edited by Sixers on Oct 22 2019 08:52am
Oct 22 2019 09:24am
Final opening roster for the 2019-20 season.

This post was edited by Sixers on Oct 22 2019 09:24am
Gold: 127,773.00
Oct 22 2019 09:44am
Quote (MigNado @ 22 Oct 2019 16:44)

bigger loss was probably jj reddit. over 50 % of brett brown's play book was reddit coming off screens. i still remember seeing advanced stats (roughly a year ago), were embiid's/simmons offensive impact numbers took a dump when reddit was on the bench compared to reddit on the floor. going to be interesting how the team is gonna look now on offense. impossible to predict

like this: they certainly gonna miss such an option. not sure if richardson or horford can replace that in the same way.

might work out, might be a struggle on offense. also depends how good simmons will be on offense. the thing is that you cant really rely on embiid to score in every late game situation, cuze he has to get the ball in the high post first, and that might be too hard in certain situations. teams will just front embiid in the post and play ball denial.
Oct 22 2019 09:49am
Quote (darki99 @ Oct 22 2019 11:44am)
bigger loss was probably jj reddit. over 50 % of brett brown's play book was reddit coming off screens. i still remember seeing advanced stats (roughly a year ago), were embiid's/simmons offensive impact numbers took a dump when reddit was on the bench compared to reddit on the floor. going to be interesting how the team is gonna look now on offense. impossible to predict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_P9TA5iudo

like this: they certainly gonna miss such an option. not sure if richardson or horford can replace that in the same way.

might work out, might be a struggle on offense. also depends how good simmons will be on offense. the thing is that you cant really rely on embiid to score in every late game situation, cuze he has to get the ball in the high post first, and that might be too hard in certain situations. teams will just front embiid in the post and play ball denial.

"Richardson’s dribble hand-off play stood out last season. He ranked fifth in total hand-offs used at 174. Even with that high volume, Richardson was able to maintain strong efficiency, ranking in the 70th percentile at 1.01 points per possession.

When he's using dribble hand-offs (or pick-and-rolls at a more suitable frequency) with Horford or Embiid, Richardson is going to be receiving all the rock-solid screens he needs to spring himself open. And after being the top option in Miami, having less defensive attention pursuing him will only help. Along with a drop in volume, Richardson could well see his efficiency increase."

"Richardson’s catch-and-shoot numbers in recent seasons have been good, too. He has shot 38.5 percent on 4.2 such shots per game over the last two seasons, and now has upgraded playmakers like Simmons and Horford to create good looks for him. Catch-and-shoot triples should make up the majority of Richardson’s 3-point shot profile, which bodes well for his transition to Philly. He ranked in the 68th percentile on spot-ups last season and the 49th in shots off screens — an area where he should receive a few looks."

This post was edited by Sixers on Oct 22 2019 09:59am
Oct 22 2019 09:56am
Quote (darki99 @ Oct 22 2019 11:44am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_P9TA5iudo

More importantly, the Sixers no longer have a defensive liability in JJ Redick. Time and time again we saw him getting abused, targeted in the playoffs.

Richardson is a polar opposite on defense, he's a long elite defender with lateral quickness and a reputation for hounding smaller faster guards. Something JJ couldn't do to save his life.

Not to mention, Richardson is a solid ball handler unlike JJ. Let's not forget Richardson ran point for Miami a lot last year as the #1 guy, he initiated the offense and it ran through him much as a playmaker. He's got a lot more ability to beat guys off the dribble and attack the rim than JJ has ever displayed. His ability to be a secondary ball handler will be nice, and i believe Brett Brown plans to run him as the backup point guard at times when Simmons is getting a breather.
Oct 22 2019 10:08am
FYI - Embiid listed at 280 lbs, which seems a lot more accurate than the 249 lbs they had him at on his ESPN profile or when you google his weight :rofl:

Who was it on here that was trying to say Embiid didn't weigh that much more than Anthony Davis? lmao...probably a 30-40 lb difference (as if that wasn't already obvious when you watch them near each other).

This post was edited by Sixers on Oct 22 2019 10:08am
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12345136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll