d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gf Of 5 Years Left Me For The Church > Lds
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 19 2019 09:17pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Aug 19 2019 10:10pm)
You should reach out to her. It's far better to speak than to die.

I don't think she is ever going to change her stance on her religious views and I don't think she is interested in marrying outside of the church (and marriage is a goal of hers)
:(
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 19 2019 09:19pm
Sounds like the memories with the first one were amazing, but unfortunately they are just that now, memories. Memories that you should cherish and look back on in the right context, but life moves ever onward. She's clearly chasing whatever other silly plans she has in her head now.

You have no idea how hard it was to resist making the second post below yours "do a barrel roll"
Gold: 0.00
Aug 19 2019 09:20pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 19 2019 10:19pm)
Sounds like the memories with the first one were amazing, but unfortunately they are just that now, memories. Memories that you should cherish and look back on in the right context, but life moves ever onward. She's clearly chasing whatever other silly plans she has in her head now.

You have no idea how hard it was to resist making the second post below yours "do a barrel roll"

Do I ever stand a chance at not constantly comparing current relationships to the past "perfect" relationship we had?
Gold: 28,296.69
Aug 19 2019 09:29pm
Your current gf deserves honesty and communication

You have an obligation to provide her with that

If you're that hung up on the past either seek competent therapy to get over it so you can move on or go chase the past that's your call but don't leave a trail of broken hearts and dishonesty while you figure yourself out
Gold: 107.77
Aug 19 2019 09:33pm
just pretend to be morman for the rest of your life and marry her
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 19 2019 09:33pm
Quote (SpeshL @ Aug 19 2019 11:20pm)
Do I ever stand a chance at not constantly comparing current relationships to the past "perfect" relationship we had?

She seemed to have some special qualities that made you feel great in a certain way. And the memories will always be important although how you feel about them will eventually change. At the same time it sounds like other parts of the whole deal were terrible. Are you romanticizing it? (no pun intended)

Are there any redeeming qualities about this current relationship? Does your S/O know you have these serious doubts?

If she broke up with you, its usually not best to be the one to reach out first. If it was mutual or from your end it probably doesn't hurt to check in.
Gold: 6.66
Aug 19 2019 09:56pm
Quote (SpeshL @ Aug 19 2019 08:17pm)
I don't think she is ever going to change her stance on her religious views and I don't think she is interested in marrying outside of the church (and marriage is a goal of hers)
:(

That's her decision to make. Also, this:

Quote (Beowulf @ Aug 19 2019 08:29pm)
Your current gf deserves honesty and communication

You have an obligation to provide her with that

If you're that hung up on the past either seek competent therapy to get over it so you can move on or go chase the past that's your call but don't leave a trail of broken hearts and dishonesty while you figure yourself out

Gold: 9.87
Aug 19 2019 11:36pm
Obviously you weren't too keen on compromise, so she doesn't seem like the girl for you.
Gold: 633.87
Aug 20 2019 01:39pm
Quote (SpeshL @ Aug 19 2019 11:02pm)
I met this person in highschool when we were both 17 years old and she was a strong follower of the mormon religion at the time.
I was/ still am not a religious person by any means but would never make anyone feel inferior or anything for their religious beliefs.
During the next 5 years we dated very seriously, spending every day together, experiencing a lot of firsts for different things (sex, drugs, alcohol, ect)
Also during this time she battled with many personal conflicts with her beliefs and the choices she was making with me that went against her religion and eventually left me to go to school at BYU in Utah.
To this day I miss her dearly and wish things could have worked out, she is constantly visiting me in my dreams which makes it very hard to let go of her and am constantly reminded of her and feel heartbreak.
The breakup happened nearly 4 years ago now, 3 of which I have been in another relationship for, and I feel terrible that I am in a relationship with this person and still feel in love with someone else.
Am I doing something wrong by staying with this "new" person who I care about, just hoping to someday get over my ex who I feel so strongly about and feel that way about my current S/O?

Why didn't you convert?
Gold: 1.69
Aug 20 2019 01:45pm
Quote (timmayX @ 20 Aug 2019 01:36)
Obviously you weren't too keen on compromise, so she doesn't seem like the girl for you.

This, you dragged her through drugs, sex, and alcohol and how knows what else. What the fuck are you doing lol. You seem like a selfish af person tbh.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll