d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars >
Poll > So The Next Corvette Is Officially Out, Thoughts?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 167.80
Jul 23 2019 03:04pm
Already in the process of trying to put one on reserve. It's going to be a literal game changer for both the Corvette and sport cars in general.
Jul 23 2019 03:07pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Jul 23 2019 03:26pm)
I like it. Got my pre order in about a week before the reveal and ended up being #9.

Called back to the same dealer today to see what the placement for a second reservation would be and they already capped their allocation for 2020. I have a feeling that there are going to be a ton of pissed off folks being pushed into 2021 unless they want to go get bent over for a huge ADP

I'm going to have to respectfully call bullshit. The only "pre orders" they have had so far are deposits individual dealers have taken that have no affect on General Motors themselves so you'd have no way of knowing what production number you get. If you do have valid proof though I would care to see it as I've personally talked to my local dealership about the process and according to them there isn't much of one yet. General Motors have already said they are producing ample supply for 2020 so their will be no issues of receiving one.
Gold: 3,385.09
Jul 23 2019 03:44pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jul 23 2019 04:07pm)
I'm going to have to respectfully call bullshit. The only "pre orders" they have had so far are deposits individual dealers have taken that have no affect on General Motors themselves so you'd have no way of knowing what production number you get. If you do have valid proof though I would care to see it as I've personally talked to my local dealership about the process and according to them there isn't much of one yet. General Motors have already said they are producing ample supply for 2020 so their will be no issues of receiving one.

I could very well see these being in high demand, and going above MSRP the first year. Will Chevy run them and try to sell as many as possible, or keep it "in demand" for the first 18-24 moths. Make them seem impossible to find, easier to sell one then sending dealers there orders +3 cars.

Quote (jimmyhoud @ Jul 23 2019 02:26pm)
I like it. Got my pre order in about a week before the reveal and ended up being #9.

Called back to the same dealer today to see what the placement for a second reservation would be and they already capped their allocation for 2020. I have a feeling that there are going to be a ton of pissed off folks being pushed into 2021 unless they want to go get bent over for a huge ADP

I had to wait to see the price, but I threw in a Reserve request. If I can get what I want for a fair price, I might pursue it. My divorce will be finalized in 2 weeks, so Ill finally be a free man with my money.

That being said, Ill be curious to see if they actually are availible for under $70,000 before Taxes. I assume the prices will spike with the packages quickly.
Jul 23 2019 03:47pm
Quote (KoJ @ Jul 23 2019 02:53pm)
not a fan

looks like they cut the front end off a vette and pasted it on a generic back half of a exotic/super car

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jul 23 2019 04:00pm)
Guess the ass 😂

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jul 23 2019 04:00pm)
Guess the ass 😂

Quote (jimmyhoud @ Jul 23 2019 02:26pm)

Not sure who the best person to ask this would be to but thought Id quote you guys.

Do you envision the C7 Market to drop in price 10-20% once these roll out. People trading C7 in for 8's and the 7's no longer being the "new/current" Vette

Like If the avg price is $42k for a C7 now, do you think the avg will be like $35k then.

If I cant do a C8, really hoping to land a Nice C7 for myself as a Birthday gift.
Gold: 1,337,200.00
Jul 24 2019 12:56pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jul 23 2019 04:07pm)

if by "ample" supply you mean roughly 5000 units less than prior years than sure. Ordering a 2020 and it not being built until MY2021 is not unheard of at all. Tons of people got pushed on the c7 when it came out as well.

A preorder is nothing more than a spot in line and can be had for 2-5k depending on which dealer you use. As soon as the dealer is awarded allocation, you spec your car and its ordered. To be fair, call it a reservation or whatever you like. All it does is secure yourself in line when orders are available to be made. Also, not sure I would be using just any dealer for a new generation purchase... They get pushed to the back of the line on allocations pretty bad compared to the signature dealers.

As for the value of the C7s, who knows. You can already find good deals on earlier C7 cars now and they'll go down just like the previous generations. Hard to tell how much though. The more interesting thing to me is how bade stringrays tank when the z06/zr1 get announced.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 24 2019 02:37pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Jul 24 2019 02:56pm)
if by "ample" supply you mean roughly 5000 units less than prior years than sure. Ordering a 2020 and it not being built until MY2021 is not unheard of at all. Tons of people got pushed on the c7 when it came out as well.

A preorder is nothing more than a spot in line and can be had for 2-5k depending on which dealer you use. As soon as the dealer is awarded allocation, you spec your car and its ordered. To be fair, call it a reservation or whatever you like. All it does is secure yourself in line when orders are available to be made. Also, not sure I would be using just any dealer for a new generation purchase... They get pushed to the back of the line on allocations pretty bad compared to the signature dealers.

As for the value of the C7s, who knows. You can already find good deals on earlier C7 cars now and they'll go down just like the previous generations. Hard to tell how much though. The more interesting thing to me is how bade stringrays tank when the z06/zr1 get announced.

I’m speculating that even though the c8 is such a drastically different car, the c7 is still going to hold its own in value, but we’ll see. I’m not a corvette expert or a market analyst, I’m just a guy making an observation
Jul 24 2019 03:47pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Jul 24 2019 02:56pm)

Gm introduced 37k in the first year the c7 was made. The c8 is not limited numbers. Just because its mid engine now doesnt mean it's a speciality car. They are mass producing it the same as every corvette generation. Your post is bullshit. As I said, the deposits dealers are taking are not actual pre orders. Some dealers started that at the beginning of this year for a grand. It doesnt guarantee you any chassis number. Its nothing more than a way for dealers to secure quick upfront cash. Not to mention GM themselves said it's year model 2020, not 2021.

This post was edited by kurisutofa on Jul 24 2019 03:48pm
Jul 24 2019 03:49pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jul 24 2019 04:37pm)
I’m speculating that even though the c8 is such a drastically different car, the c7 is still going to hold its own in value, but we’ll see. I’m not a corvette expert or a market analyst, I’m just a guy making an observation

I suppose you are 100% correct. They may share the name but they are two completely different cars and will draw two completely different kinds of people.
Gold: 4,776.70
Jul 24 2019 06:18pm
i like it but im waiting for the z06 specs before i buy
Jul 24 2019 06:39pm
Quote (justin_618 @ Jul 24 2019 07:18pm)
i like it but im waiting for the z06 specs before i buy

The Z06 could just be amazing
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll