d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Breaking News Thread > And Other Stuff You Want To Share
Prev1636465666770Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 17 2020 11:24am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 17 2020 12:22pm)
im sure they'll weave in some patriot act bullshit about how his pictures online with guns associate him with white nationalist groups that are registered as some sort of terrorist group so he can be perceived a threat in any state he's in, even asleep.

He was an active /k/ poster, so they've already got that covered.

this is why i belong to a gun club and do all of my shooting there. for the small price of a membership i dont have crazy neighbors calling me out and i dont get labelled as some extremist. i wish i could plink in the backyard but these days better safe than sorry when the popo are looking for an excuse.

From what is available with this story so far, it sounds like he was targeted for his internet presence, not by his neighbors.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 17 2020 11:25am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 17 2020 01:19pm)
I look forward to the Chicom apologists explaining to me why the media is the enemy of the people and always has been
eh who am I kidding, they'll just blame Trump

Yeah... what rational person would ever make that argument. :rolleyes:
Gold: 2,489.69
Mar 17 2020 11:29am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 17 2020 12:24pm)
He was an active /k/ poster, so they've already got that covered.

From what is available with this story so far, it sounds like he was targeted for his internet presence, not by his neighbors.

better safe than sorry when i have hippy neighbors that have a bernie sign (even tho we live in the country with zero traffic) and they have a failure of a daughter so their grand kids live at their house randomly 50% or more of the time.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 17 2020 12:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Mar 2020 13:29)
better safe than sorry when i have hippy neighbors that have a bernie sign (even tho we live in the country with zero traffic) and they have a failure of a daughter so their grand kids live at their house randomly 50% or more of the time.

yeah, it's too bad there are way too many busybodies in our country. success or even relative comfort leads to boredom for quite a few people.
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 17 2020 04:14pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 17 2020 12:22pm)
im sure they'll weave in some patriot act bullshit about how his pictures online with guns associate him with white nationalist groups that are registered as some sort of terrorist group so he can be perceived a threat in any state he's in, even asleep.

this is why i belong to a gun club and do all of my shooting there. for the small price of a membership i dont have crazy neighbors calling me out and i dont get labelled as some extremist. i wish i could plink in the backyard but these days better safe than sorry when the popo are looking for an excuse.

Victim was a member of the III%ers, 'known by the SPLC as a hate promoting anti government group.'
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 24 2020 10:40pm
Cops #1 warns Cop#2 that a bystander is recording

Cop #2 picks up the drugs he was in the process of planting and chases after the bystander.

https://twitter.com/PrettyJasBadAss/status/1239702910881144833?s=20

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 24 2020 10:40pm
Gold: 7,525.35
Mar 24 2020 11:22pm
Apparently the degenerates in DC just reached a deal.

Can't wait to see all the extra garbage thats in it, but hopefully it does some good too.

Text expected in the morning.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 25 2020 12:09am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 25 2020 01:22am)
Apparently the degenerates in DC just reached a deal.

Can't wait to see all the extra garbage thats in it, but hopefully it does some good too.

Text expected in the morning.

Do libertarians feel any different about this sort of massive federal government spending when it's a pandemic?
Gold: 260.11
Mar 25 2020 12:12am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2020 01:09am)
Do libertarians feel any different about this sort of massive federal government spending when it's a pandemic?

If there's one thing I've learned it's that if you ask ten libertarians about any particular subject you will get 10 different answers. Even on the most basic aspects of their ideology. Then again you'll get the same thing at your average church when asking about the trinity, so it's not an exclusively libertarian thing.

I am interested in what Cam thinks though.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Mar 25 2020 12:12am
Gold: 7,525.35
Mar 25 2020 01:12am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2020 02:09am)

Some do. Some don't.
You saw Amash was pushing for cash relief for people and he is one of the most libertarian congressmen. A similar themed article was published at reason mag by one of their crappier writers.
Giving people some cash relief makes some amount of sense when you are talking about it in response to government abruptly shutting down their jobs and people needing money in an emergency.

I understand that this is an extenuating circumstance but I also know there will be problems.

Its going to be a shitshow. Printing green paper or a digital equivalent doesn't produce goods and services.
There are already runs on many basic grocery store items and its looking like most businesses will continue to be shut down for weeks. They are ironically getting ready to crucify Trump for suggesting Easter as a target to reassess and reopen.
We are looking at trillions in corporate welfare and a one-time pittance to the average person. This is not a creation of wealth but rather a redistribution. The capital has to come from somewhere.

Many of the businesses were failing before this and others don't need the money.
Government propping up failed businesses is a problem.
Market adjustments and corrections are necessary for an allocation of resources and economy that best serves us on the other side of this.

Of course just about any deal is wildly popular as people expect the government to 'do something' while continuing to keep businesses closed because they don't understand any of the economic realities involved. The politicians understand this and there was immense pressure on them to sign whatever. Pelosi tried to leverage this into a laundry list of unrelated leftist crap but seemingly failed. Trillions for bankers and megacorps looks to still be in the plans. We'll know more tomorrow.

I recently read this article about the previous bailouts that was rather gloomy.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/secrets-and-lies-of-the-bailout-113270/
Plenty in there about how banker executives etc exploitatively worked around executive bonus clauses to enrich themselves and their banks and didnt use the money for the intended purpose among a slew of other major problems. That seems to be a big issue they were worried about today and I have no confidence that was effectively handled. It also touched on some reasons why the 'they paid back the loans so its all good' talking point is wrong.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1636465666770Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll