d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Breaking News Thread > And Other Stuff You Want To Share
Prev1343536373870Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 20 2019 07:19am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Oct 20 2019 08:04am)
=> No complainant ? No trial ?

=> get good.

https://ethics.house.gov/publication/code-official-conduct

18. (a) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner may not engage in a sexual relationship with any employee of the House who works under the supervision of the Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner, or who is an employee of a committee on which the Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner serves. This paragraph does not apply with respect to any relationship between two people who are married to each other.
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 20 2019 07:24am
Quote (Goomshill @ 20 Oct 2019 15:19)
https://ethics.house.gov/publication/code-official-conduct

18. (a) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner may not engage in a sexual relationship with any employee of the House who works under the supervision of the Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner, or who is an employee of a committee on which the Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner serves. This paragraph does not apply with respect to any relationship between two people who are married to each other.

1. A Member, Delegate, Resident Commissioner, officer, or employee of the House shall behave at all times in a manner that shall reflect creditably on the House.

=> Pickup the one you want

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Oct 20 2019 07:24am
Gold: 57.00
Oct 20 2019 08:07am
Quote (Santara @ 20 Oct 2019 08:24)
How do you come to this conclusion? He gave a detailed account of a Congresswoman engaged in unbecoming conduct and it's quite simple to Google news of Katie Hill and find out there are no MSM sources for recent news on her. A newsworthy item blacked out by the supposed press.

there is a quote/phrase saying basically “the most powerful tool the media has is selective omission”

I don’t care about this lady’s bedroom habits with consenting adults but engaging with a subordinate is literally a #metoo thing
Oct 20 2019 08:30am
wow that's a really shitty job in mspaint, looks like it took me 2 minutes
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 20 2019 09:30am
Quote (Goomshill @ 20 Oct 2019 16:30)
wow that's a really shitty job in mspaint, looks like it took me 2 minutes

Nothing in French news, even right wing one, sounds like a giant nothingdickburger. RIP.
Maybe your guys are even trying to spread false news, would not be the first time anyway. CancerNews ;)
Gold: 88.21
Oct 20 2019 09:57am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 20 2019 07:07am)
https://i.redd.it/6zm0g02p9ot31.png

there is a quote/phrase saying basically “the most powerful tool the media has is selective omission”

I don’t care about this lady’s bedroom habits with consenting adults but engaging with a subordinate is literally a #metoo thing

or it can't be properly verified. Much like most #metoo allegations

which proves your point, in a different way
Oct 20 2019 09:59am
Quote (proccy @ Oct 20 2019 10:57am)
or it can't be properly verified. Much like most #metoo allegations

which proves your point, in a different way

it can be verified;
https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2019/10/18/ca-rep.-katie-hill-allegedly-involved-female-staffer-2-yr-throuple-relationship
Gold: 88.21
Oct 20 2019 10:00am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 20 2019 08:59am)

i don't pretend to understand america, sometimes they like to get nekkied and brush hairs
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 20 2019 02:29pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 20 2019 07:45am)
And what, we're supposed to choose between never criticizing society, or living as ascetic hermits in caves who abstain from all society? I will post whats reported by the MSM because its what we've got for a media, because its the message thats going to reach millions of others. I can disagree with the state of it and still utilize it, because its all we've got. Someone who opposes our world's burning of fossil fuels can still drive a car.

Can you really defend the fact that a bombshell story like this dropped and had abundant verifiable evidence right out in the open, yet not a single outlet is covering it? I am quite sure journalists all throughout the mainstream media are fully aware of the story- that nude picture of Rep. Hill is being spammed on twitter. Like the stories about Ilhan Omar, the media is consciously choosing not to report on this. Except at least in that case, the evidence was mundane at face value, demonstrating only one element of the story at a time and requiring multiple pieces to prove anything. In this case, they have a picture of her naked brushing the hair of a 22 year old staffer, and supposedly have chosen not to publish even more salacious materials

If we had a picture of Trump naked with a young staffer on his payroll, you better believe it would be the #1 story on the news for the next month and we'd be getting 24/7 updates from CNN

Yes, you'll still rely on MSM because you know the vast majority of it's reporting is accurate, even though there's multiple examples of false or biased reporting.

Everyone who complains endlessly about fake news does this. They know that Trump and others in the White House are giving scoops to Maggie Haberman and Robert Costa. They know NYT and WaPo do the best job covering the White House. Anyone with a triple digit IQ who follows the news closely knows that the vast majority of stories turn out to be accurate, especially if multiple outlets confirm them.

Stop pretending. Everyone who follows politics values the MSM, whether they will admit it or not.
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 20 2019 03:02pm
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Oct 2019 22:29)
Yes, you'll still rely on MSM because you know the vast majority of it's reporting is accurate, even though there's multiple examples of false or biased reporting.

Everyone who complains endlessly about fake news does this. They know that Trump and others in the White House are giving scoops to Maggie Haberman and Robert Costa. They know NYT and WaPo do the best job covering the White House. Anyone with a triple digit IQ who follows the news closely knows that the vast majority of stories turn out to be accurate, especially if multiple outlets confirm them.

Stop pretending. Everyone who follows politics values the MSM, whether they will admit it or not.

Selective omission is still a reality, and a real problem.

Yes, the MSM still serve a strong purpose for getting a good grasp on what's going on - but due to their bias and their habit of selective omission of stories which dont fit the liberal narrative and/or confirm the trump narrative, the MSM by design wont be enough to get the full picture.

Perhaps it's easier to make my point with (illustrative) numbers: say the MSM report accurately on 80% of the stories, report falsely on 2% of the stories, and omit 18% of (newsworthy) stories. The result? Everything you said is technically true, they overwhelmingly report accurately, and they are a valuable, perhaps even indispensable tool to inform oneself - but someone who only gets his info from the MSM will still see reality with a 20% liberal bias; and that's intentional.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Oct 20 2019 03:08pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1343536373870Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll