d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > How To Make Light Sorc.
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,110.50
Jun 21 2019 10:51am
don't want to open a new thread

Which equipment i can use (which is not soooo expensive) to clear tc85 areas? . Maybe only by myself and not in a full party
Gold: 500.00
Jun 22 2019 03:28am
Quote (KiraX @ 21 Jun 2019 18:51)
don't want to open a new thread

Which equipment i can use (which is not soooo expensive) to clear tc85 areas? . Maybe only by myself and not in a full party

Key items are infinity and griffon (-res is important)
Rest can be used whatever you want as long as you hit 117fcr.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2019 06:38pm
Here's the gear I run that gives me the most enjoyment:
Infinity on Merc for sure.

Griffon eye/lightning faceted (head), +3 Eschutas/lightning faceted (weapon), Spirit runeword (shield), Inigma (armor), Stone of Jordan and Bul kathos (Rings), Aldurs Advance (boots), Thundergods (belt), Mara's (amulet), Trang ouls (gloves).
Switch weapon: Harmony runeword (bow), for cruising in town. Any other sorc build I've tried drives me nuts walking in town but because of Inigma, Aldurs and Harmony you get to breeze through.
Inventory: Torch, Anni, Gheeds, 3x lightning skillers, cube, Identify book, and fill the rest of space with small charms of life, resists and Magic find.

Skill points allocation:
Cold:None (If you're good with your teleport then Cold shields are of little value)
Fire: One in each except Hydra and Meteor. Warmth is of constant benefit and every now and then Fire Wall comes in handy.
Lightning: All remaining points. You should eventually be able to max every one of the synergy skills that benefit lightning. Teleport in, static a few times, Lightning, then pick up the goodies with Telekinesis.

Some of the highlight stats of this build are as follows: 120% Faster caster rate, res fire 75, res cold 75, res lightning 85 (with some absord) you can basically just stand in Diablos lightning without any concern since he'll be down before he can even drain 1/3 your HP, res poison 75, HP around 1500, Mana 560 (seldom have to pot up, cause I don't run energy shield), Magic find around 200%,

A typical run for me is to hit black tower, then the Pit in Tamahoe highlands, then Andarial, Ancient Tunnels, Council in Travincial, Mephisto, Chaos Sanctuary, Pindle (While Diablo is spawning), kill Diablo and finally go clear throne room and kill Baal. I tend to run everything on players 3, but the build can handle players 8 easily. I just like the kill speed and drops best at 3 and switching the players x repeatedly is too annoying.

Gold: 19,139.06
Jun 22 2019 06:50pm
Quote (MacJ74 @ Jun 22 2019 07:38pm)
Here's the gear I run that gives me the most enjoyment:
Infinity on Merc for sure.

Griffon eye/lightning faceted (head), +3 Eschutas/lightning faceted (weapon), Spirit runeword (shield), Inigma (armor), Stone of Jordan and Bul kathos (Rings), Aldurs Advance (boots), Thundergods (belt), Mara's (amulet), Trang ouls (gloves).
Switch weapon: Harmony runeword (bow), for cruising in town. Any other sorc build I've tried drives me nuts walking in town but because of Inigma, Aldurs and Harmony you get to breeze through.
Inventory: Torch, Anni, Gheeds, 3x lightning skillers, cube, Identify book, and fill the rest of space with small charms of life, resists and Magic find.

Skill points allocation:
Cold:None (If you're good with your teleport then Cold shields are of little value)
Fire: One in each except Hydra and Meteor. Warmth is of constant benefit and every now and then Fire Wall comes in handy.
Lightning: All remaining points. You should eventually be able to max every one of the synergy skills that benefit lightning. Teleport in, static a few times, Lightning, then pick up the goodies with Telekinesis.

Some of the highlight stats of this build are as follows: 120% Faster caster rate, res fire 75, res cold 75, res lightning 85 (with some absord) you can basically just stand in Diablos lightning without any concern since he'll be down before he can even drain 1/3 your HP, res poison 75, HP around 1500, Mana 560 (seldom have to pot up, cause I don't run energy shield), Magic find around 200%,

A typical run for me is to hit black tower, then the Pit in Tamahoe highlands, then Andarial, Ancient Tunnels, Council in Travincial, Mephisto, Chaos Sanctuary, Pindle (While Diablo is spawning), kill Diablo and finally go clear throne room and kill Baal. I tend to run everything on players 3, but the build can handle players 8 easily. I just like the kill speed and drops best at 3 and switching the players x repeatedly is too annoying.

eschuta is trash
either use hoto or crescent moon.
Gold: 7,570.00
Jun 22 2019 06:53pm
Quote (cheetos @ 23 Jun 2019 02:50)
eschuta is trash

Good advice from the salope guild
I suggest you hoto
Jun 23 2019 11:04am
Quote (cheetos @ Jun 22 2019 07:50pm)
eschuta is trash

I only PVM.
I stand by the lightning faceted +3 eschuta's with my build. Already have well over max resists and prefer the looks and lower resists of it over Hoto.
Warn: 100%
Jun 24 2019 11:25am
Try to find Tir & Nef and put in ;) in Corona, than>Cloak of Shadows, than>Chain Lightning on zombieieieies..
Gold: 22,612.50
Jun 24 2019 01:50pm
Quote (cheetos @ Jun 23 2019 11:50am)
eschuta is trash

It depends on how geared you are. For near-perfect gear (20 FCR ammys etc.), the orb dps hierarchy goes:

Magic 6 lightning 2os orb > Rare 5 lightning 2os orb + lite masteries > Eschutas > CMooN. Hoto becomes a very weak choice.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 24 2019 01:57pm
Quote (draftw3dr @ Jun 24 2019 09:50pm)
It depends on how geared you are. For near-perfect gear (20 FCR ammys etc.), the orb dps hierarchy goes:

Magic 6 lightning 2os orb > Rare 5 lightning 2os orb + lite masteries > Eschutas > CMooN. Hoto becomes a very weak choice.

If you want to be a glass cannon, and play scrubscore, where all people care about is damage, sure.
No matter how you put it, eschutas is garbage
Gold: 22,612.50
Jun 24 2019 02:28pm
Quote (Fuglen @ Jun 25 2019 06:57am)
If you want to be a glass cannon, and play scrubscore, where all people care about is damage, sure.
No matter how you put it, eschutas is garbage

Yeah ... that's a pretty noob statement. With a good setup Eschutas easily outperforms Hoto and CMooN.

I'll just assume that you have no experience with high budget endgame builds. It is worth noting that your argument of these builds being "glass cannon" is pretty exaggerated given that the only difference is generally the use of a 20/20/100 armor over Enigma or Vipermagi which doesn't result in a huge loss of tankiness. And you should care about damage output regardless of whether you're in hardcore or softcore - stacking survivability doesn't make you a skilled player - if anything, it usually makes you much weaker mechanically because your gear is compensating for a lack of skill.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll