d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Ladder Is Over
Prev1111213141519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,013.34
Jun 21 2019 12:35am
Quote (draftw3dr @ 21 Jun 2019 08:33)

And as I said before, there’s no conclusive evidence that botting negatively affects players on the whole. You might think of lower prices as negative but many people see it as a positive - the botters themselves certainly aren’t losing out.

Why is then botting illegal?
Gold: 5.51
Jun 21 2019 12:48am
Quote (draftw3dr @ Jun 21 2019 02:33am)
Ok, based on those standards, I could say that being a snowflake and crying over botting is ruining my JSP experience so anybody who complains about them should be banned - there’s a better place for that - the Blizzard Forums.

And as I said before, there’s no conclusive evidence that botting negatively affects players on the whole. You might think of lower prices as negative but many people see it as a positive - the botters themselves certainly aren’t losing out.

Well since we'll never have a poll of the entire Diablo 2 player base to find their preference for bots or against bots, we can just believe whatever it is we want. If you honestly believe the community prefers bots it's probably due to living in the jsp bubble. Or maybe you just don't care what the community wants because you know whats best for them.

I'm not putting forth a standard, you have the option to play on non-ladder. The rest either have to go to a private server (that bans bots) or single player.

This post was edited by ishthefish on Jun 21 2019 12:51am
Gold: 22,612.50
Jun 21 2019 01:01am
Quote (Fankytore @ Jun 21 2019 05:35pm)
Why is then botting illegal?

Well, it's true that botting is illegal - but so is trading d2jsp. I notice that you have 2.5k fg there and it was probably earned through "illegal" activity. Please don't misunderstand me though, I'm a huge supporter of jsp. When we say that these actions are illegal, it isn't in the criminal sense - it's just a breach of the Blizzard EULA. I think a good analogy to botting would be jaywalking - technically illegal but not really enforcable or considered unethical by the majority of the community.
Jun 21 2019 01:04am
Quote (draftw3dr @ Jun 21 2019 03:01am)
Well, it's true that botting is illegal - but so is trading d2jsp. I notice that you have 2.5k fg there and it was probably earned through "illegal" activity. Please don't misunderstand me though, I'm a huge supporter of jsp. When we say that these actions are illegal, it isn't in the criminal sense - it's just a breach of the Blizzard EULA. I think a good analogy to botting would be jaywalking - technically illegal but not really enforcable or considered unethical by the majority of the community.

This is the false equivalency I'm talking about. Botting has a huge impact on the game, jsp doesn't.

edit: when has blizzard banned someone for trading on a third party website

Also, just because we're committing illegal activity doesn't exclude us from criticizing the illegal activity of others.

This post was edited by ishthefish on Jun 21 2019 01:07am
Gold: 8.73
Jun 21 2019 01:07am
Quote (ishthefish @ Jun 21 2019 03:04am)
This is the false equivalency I'm talking about. Botting has a huge impact on the game, jsp doesn't.

You're joking right?

Jsp is the reason ingame trading is dead
Jsp is the reason people are able to get enigma day 1 of ladder
Jsp is the reason so many people bot (trading without jsp would defeat the point of botting)
Jsp takes up more time for most players than the actual game does

Suggesting jsp has a small game impact is just willful stupidity
Gold: 22,612.50
Jun 21 2019 01:13am
Quote (ishthefish @ Jun 21 2019 06:04pm)

edit: when has blizzard banned someone for trading on a third party website

I'm not equating using jsp to botting - I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of using the argument that "botting is prohibited" while using jsp at the same time.

As for impact, I would argue that jsp has a much much huger impact on the d2 community by far compared to botting (and it's overwhelmingly positive in my view). If all bots vanished next ladder, the effect would mostly be price fluctuations on jsp, and lower item accessibility - but prices will slowly readjust and the game will be fine. If jsp vanished, it is likely that a large percentage of the player base would vanish along with it.

Regarding Blizzard bans, this is a nonsense argument. Blizzard can't ban someone for using a third party website not because they don't want to, but because it is impossible to enforce. How can they prove that a specific person used one? Bots on the other hand can be directly detected through their gaming platform - and even then, their attempts at banning have been half-hearted at best - and arguably in their own financial interest since botters are constantly buying new CD keys.
Gold: 1.00
Jun 21 2019 01:17am
It shows you havent played d2 in 10 years. This is all common knowledge.

Play the game to enjoy it, if you focus on fg without proper planning, your d2 experience is going to be tainted by the greed of fg.

Always think of the fact that at any time you are playing you have the smallest chance at looting rares worth thousands of fg. That can keep a guy farming for a bit anyways. What do i know though, i havent played seriously in like 2 years.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2019 01:18am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Jun 21 2019 10:07am)
You're joking right?

Jsp is the reason so many people bot (trading without jsp would defeat the point of botting)

JSP is also the reason D2 is still alive.

No one would play this game if 3 weeks into ladder there were 24 shakos and 1 ber on the whole realm.

It's a double edged sword.
Jun 21 2019 01:18am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Jun 21 2019 03:07am)
You're joking right?

2. How??? Do you mean from botters?
3. People would still bot if jsp didn't exist. This is willfully ignorant.

None of those factors affect the economy. Bots put thousands of hours into the game. That's huge.

This post was edited by ishthefish on Jun 21 2019 01:18am
Gold: 8,013.34
Jun 21 2019 01:23am
Quote (kilainstinctss @ 21 Jun 2019 09:17)
It shows you havent played d2 in 10 years. This is all common knowledge.

Play the game to enjoy it, if you focus on fg without proper planning, your d2 experience is going to be tainted by the greed of fg.

Always think of the fact that at any time you are playing you have the smallest chance at looting rares worth thousands of fg. That can keep a guy farming for a bit anyways. What do i know though, i havent played seriously in like 2 years.

Yeah, you are definitely right.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1111213141519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll