d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Gulf Of Oman Tanker Attacks > War With Iran Imminent?
12335Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 13 2019 06:22pm
to me it's pretty obvious that america is trying to sell their next war to the world - just like i predicted ( https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80934307&f=119&o=0 ) after their recent provocations and attempts to escalate the situation (unilaterally breaking the iran deal, increasing sanctions and pressuring allies to do the same, moving troops towards iran, designating the iranian revolutionary guard as terrorist organisation...). so i'm not buying that official version - at all.

it's tonkin / incubators / WMDs all over again. the military industrial complex is thirsting for blood. a handful of people are going to get filthy rich from this, but tens of thousands of poor bastards will die (if they don't develop bonespurs quickly).

iran obviously has no interest in a war, attacking civilian ships would be the stupidest thing their government could do in the current situation, with the hawks in washington just waiting for a reason to strike. no, i'm calling it here and now: this is bullshit, this is a fabricated incident to 'justify' another war, and it has been in the making for quite a while now. where are our non-interventionists, where are the people who allegedly only voted for trump because he promised to end the pointless wars and withdraw american troops from the middle east? this is madness...
Gold: 57.00
Jun 13 2019 06:35pm
we didn’t start the (reichstag) fire you did

you are one bloodthirsty peasant lmao
Gold: 633.87
Jun 13 2019 06:41pm
Quote (fender @ Jun 13 2019 07:22pm)
to me it's pretty obvious that america is trying to sell their next war to the world - just like i predicted ( https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80934307&f=119&o=0 ) after their recent provocations and attempts to escalate the situation (unilaterally breaking the iran deal, increasing sanctions and pressuring allies to do the same, moving troops towards iran, designating the iranian revolutionary guard as terrorist organisation...). so i'm not buying that official version - at all.

it's tonkin / incubators / WMDs all over again. the military industrial complex is thirsting for blood. a handful of people are going to get filthy rich from this, but tens of thousands of poor bastards will die (if they don't develop bonespurs quickly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

iran obviously has no interest in a war, attacking civilian ships would be the stupidest thing their government could do in the current situation, with the hawks in washington just waiting for a reason to strike. no, i'm calling it here and now: this is bullshit, this is a fabricated incident to 'justify' another war, and it has been in the making for quite a while now. where are our non-interventionists, where are the people who allegedly only voted for trump because he promised to end the pointless wars and withdraw american troops from the middle east? this is madness...

The Iranian revolutionary guard is a terrorist organization. That's not a matter of opinion, it's just a fact.

I can't believe you were trying to make fun of climate deniers in that other thread. You're really dumb.

Quote (fender @ Jun 13 2019 07:22pm)

Iran gains from higher oil prices, and the government's control over the IRG and other dependent actors is not absolute. It's also possible that other regional actors tied to Iran committed the attack, but we're really just speculating.

The United States has nothing to gain from a conflict with Iran. Even were that the aim, attacking unaffiliated oil tankers is not going to drive the American public to support a long, drawn-out conflict. I'd believe that Israel was behind this before the United States.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jun 13 2019 06:57pm
Gold: 285.00
Jun 13 2019 07:04pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 13 2019 07:41pm)
The Iranian revolutionary guard is a terrorist organization. That's not a matter of opinion, it's just a fact.

I can't believe you were trying to make fun of climate deniers in that other thread. You're really dumb.

Iran gains from higher oil prices, and the government's control over the IRG and other dependent actors is not absolute. It's also possible that other regional actors tied to Iran committed the attack, but we're really just speculating.

The United States has nothing to gain from a conflict with Iran. Even were that the aim, attacking unaffiliated oil tankers is not going to drive the American public to support a long, drawn-out conflict. I'd believe that Israel was behind this before the United States.

Revolutionary Guard? They are a special forces military unit. They are as much a terrorist organization as the US Army Rangers.

You used to be better than this Bogie.
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 13 2019 07:05pm
i sure hope we get oil this time
Gold: 633.87
Jun 13 2019 07:16pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 13 2019 08:04pm)
Revolutionary Guard? They are a special forces military unit. They are as much a terrorist organization as the US Army Rangers.

There are more than 100,000 members. Let me know whether or not "special forces" was a joke.

The IRG controls an enormous portion of the Iranian domestic economy, you'd have to know very little about Iran to think that they function as a normal extension of the military.

Their direct ties to terrorism overseas are well documented.
Warn: 20%
Jun 13 2019 07:20pm

Quote (bogie160 @ 14 Jun 2019 01:41)

as usual you fail to see the bigger picture. i obviously have no sympathy for the iranian revolutionary guard, i'm definitely not going to defend them against that label (especially since it's entirely irrelevant to my point), but even if they are a terrorist organisation by any reasonable and commonly accepted definition (and i challenge you to show me that - not because i disagree, but because it looks like you base your whole 'opinion' on american war propaganda), my point here is that nothing fundamentally changed about them recently. previous administrations deliberately refrained from labeling them a terrorist organisation for diplomatic and strategic reasons: to NOT escalate tensions, to NOT endanger american soldiers in the region through the expected reaction, because it has literally ZERO benefits. that's why it's a clear provocation, so your idiotic excuse makes no sense.

i hope that helps you understand this particular part. feel free to comment on the main topic here though. do you believe pompeo when he claims that iran was responsible for the attacks, or do you share my concern that this is likely just a pretense to go to war with iran?

This post was edited by fender on Jun 13 2019 07:40pm
Gold: 57.00
Jun 13 2019 07:36pm
Quote (Jupe @ 13 Jun 2019 21:05)
i sure hope we get oil this time

fender aka heinrich’s ancestor used up so much of it in the 1930s and 1940s it’s hard to come by. and we just want it for driving to work not for one-way train trips and other nefarious means
Jun 13 2019 07:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 14 2019 01:04am)

They're more of a paramilitary force, separate from the Iranian military, with political and religious origins. They've been known to cooperate with terrorist organizations and partake in other questionable endeavors such as smuggling. Comparing them to the US Army Rangers is laugh out loud.

This post was edited by CarsV on Jun 13 2019 07:59pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 13 2019 08:09pm
Liberals are so fucking thirsty and desperate for a win. Maybe one day
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12335Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll